xisto Community
atm

Which Proxy Sites Can Be Used To Access The Websites? when in a firewall enviornment

How to open and download mp3 songs through proxy siteWhich Proxy Sites Can Be Used To Access The Websites?Please tell me the proxy site by I can download the mp3 songs.Our office has blocked the mp3 download sites through sonic wall.-question by Mayur

non of the above proxy sites are working!!Which Proxy Sites Can Be Used To Access The Websites?

Guys

I have tried out all the proxy sites given above. My workplace is having a very smart filter.All the proxy sites I have tries gives the error message as "The above URL belongs to "Proxies & Translators" category".

pliz suggest me something to by pass this. I can't download s/w and install also.

HELP!

thnx in advance...

-reply by druid

I have recently made one which is on a very fast server though many people are now using it I will be moving it to a even faster server it is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'm not so sure about that... I tried using your proxy server but i keep coding this error -

The requested resource could not be loaded. libcurl returned the error:name lookup timed out

Also, the name 'school.tinylx.net' is too long to type... you might want to shorten it to proxy.tinylx.net or just get another site just for proxy. I would also recommend that you get another proxy server script -- this doesn't look unique and it has been used around the web for ages!

i personally use this site http://www.4everproxy.com/
this could open any site that forbids from the server, but for youtube, it could open it but not allowing me to download any video, just watching the videos but lately a friend gave me another site that allow me to download videos from youtube, this is the site http://www.4everproxy.com/

Some of the proxy sites do work while some sites could leave some traces. I mean you should avoid using proxy sites for checking paypal account or facebook and orkut account. This is because they could save your login credentials. I know this is illegal but many proxy sites are not having business so there is risk if you surf from private or from site which has no identity over the network. Such proxy sites could be dangerous for surfing cause they might keep your traces over the net. You should avoid using such services which are rarely having business arround their service. I mean prefer paid services instead of free cause free services may leak your data.

T9Space - this site is what i prefer while surfing most of the blocked sites. In my country some times google's services are blocked and in that case i use t9space. You can also use this proxy sites for surfing sites which are not allowed in your place. They don't keep cookie on your computer. As i said earlier avoid login from such proxy sites.

Annonymouse- This is one more site where most of the people are surfing to sites which are blocked. I use this service to check DNS propagation or to see sites when they recover after downtime. It's nice site and is worth using.

Ip-Lock- this is software which has paid and free version. Make sure your ISP allows such softwares. My ISP hathway never allowed me to use them so i tried to use them via wi-fi network. Free software has 3 IP limitation and some restricted features. But overall it's worth investment.

I'm not so sure about that... I tried using your proxy server but i keep coding this error -
The requested resource could not be loaded. libcurl returned the error:
name lookup timed out

Also, the name 'school.tinylx.net' is too long to type... you might want to shorten it to proxy.tinylx.net or just get another site just for proxy. I would also recommend that you get another proxy server script -- this doesn't look unique and it has been used around the web for ages!

I was working on the proxy at that time I didn't have time to make a maintenance notice and we are moving servers to a super faster one than even before!
The name is school.tinylx.net as it was aimed at school teenagers trying to access facebook though I will make some more sub domains making the proxy easier to reach.
Using the keyword 'proxy' at school generally directs you to a block page where you cannot access the whole webpage. But I have unlimited sub domains so I will make quite a few soon and advertise them.

My university lately instaled a firewall that prevents us from accessing certain websites I heard there are some proxy websites that will enable us to circumvent this firewallcan you post some links of such websites? :):P

Notice from mayank:
Edited topic title & description

http://x885.com/ is a good one and if you type in "eclipse surf the web" on google that is a good one too

The reasons listed above are not the only reasons for proxies. I am a student at a Jobcorps (a governemnt based school) and the blocks they have up prevent Facebook and certain web searches. the same as any school. Unfortunately my school is also crazy. Whenever something is blocked it is under a category to why it is blocked: media, streaming, videos, social networking, ect. But then there are some really weird blocks. I personally have been blocked from inspirational-quotes.com for Category: QUESTIONABLE!! Many of the categories that pop up on me are : education, health, unknown, and even NONE.

That is why some people want proxies, not to *BLEEP* around all the time, but to baby actually get some work done.

and btw... the proxies listed abouve do not work on JC computers.

Thank you

My university lately instaled a firewall that prevents us from accessing certain websites I heard there are some proxy websites that will enable us to circumvent this firewall

can you post some links of such websites? Posted ImagePosted Image

Notice from mayank:
Edited topic title & description

I've used many proxies over the years with the usual "server not found" response.

bit-hell.com has three anonymous modes and uses encryption. This

proxy is very secure and doesn't record your IP address.

When I need to use a proxy, I usually use google translate with an url and english to english, but it's not an anonymous proxy, but for anonymousFor anonymous browsing somewhere I use hide my *bottom* which you can use too if it's not a blocked proxy: https://www.hidemyass.com/

I would like to mention that the use of a proxy server to circumvent the firewall put in place within many academic institutions is a violation of the terms of service with which they provide you with Internet access. Also, the penalties for using a proxy service with the intention of getting around the restrictions put in place by the IT department of your university can extend to having yourself dropped from all of the courses from that semester to preventing you from taking any more courses from that university. You may want to re-visit your student handbook and the terms and conditions posted on the university website for the use of the Internet access provided by the university.If all you need to do is access to certain content, you may be able to get somebody to email you the content instead of using a proxy server. Using a 3G connection would also help because the terms and conditions with which the university provides access to the Internet are limited to the use of their computers and networking equipment so if you are using your own computer over a 3G Internet connection that you had paid for, you are not usually bound to their terms and conditions. However, the university would have policies against disorderly conduct that you would still have to adhere to so make sure that you are not in violation with any of the rules that have been set by the university.