xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
haron

Internet Explorer 7 reviews of IE 7 and its Betas

I think the IE 7 will be included with windows longhorn, if so then im just getting lh, lol, but i like the tabbed browsing, i hope they use the same hotkeys tho, themes would be nice but not totally needed for me, i have windowblinds for that, more security would be a great help, and a better download manager in it aswell, I use ie sometimes for things like .net stuff (hotmail, msn spaces, etc) because they work best with it, and well im really glad to hear that they are finally fixing the png format for it aswell. that would be like a dream come true, lol

155099[/snapback]

It won't be with Windows Longhorn, it will be with XP SP2. Microsoft WILL be focusing on security more than anything else. However the graphics will look somewhat like Firefox/Netscape (from what I have seen). It will come in tab browsing :rolleyes: and a prototype should be released this summer (I think). Chances are it is going to be better than the current version of Firefox, and probably the newest version at the time. Yet the popularity IE6 has lost will hurt, as someone said earlier, IE still has a very bad image. I will most likely switch to IE7, if it fails me agian, I'll go back to Firefox.

I heard that microsoft were not releasing any more IEs. They were just going to make "patches" and updates to advance the one that they have now. As more browsers are released, W3C have to come up with more stringent rules of which us web designers "have" to follow.Firefox will always stand strong, unless some unseen virus wipes it out. This is because of the openness of it. With being a community project, people can take ideas from the likes of IE and adapt them to Firefox.The bad reputation that IE and Microsoft are developping will have unpredictable events. It may boost their prestige, or it could do the direct opposite. The problem with Mr Gates is that he is trying to hard to make money and delve into people's lives and way of living. If he were to sit back a little and watch the market, he would do a lot better.

They are late, very late. All this "new" things that Internet Explorer 7 will support are already supported by Firefox. And even if they will release it now, Internet explorer would have some security holes (okay, okay also firefox does) but anyway it's safer with firefox than with IE. Firefox is blocking malicious programs, but I'm not for shure that IE does. Well I'm shure that I'll keep using firefox instead of IE because it's safer. And it's tima that Microsoft lose its monopol on computer software area. I was reading an article about it and there sais that IE has about of 98 % users, Mozilla just 1% and others (that was 2 years ago) now the number of users of IE is decreasing, now should be 96%, but that happened just because IE was packed with Windows and common users didn't know that there are existing other internet browsers.

he/she doesn't make a lot that it left the version beta of internet explorer 7. you can get it in the link of below. I recommend you that the pruebes.maybe finds a bug and you the sheaves to taste like the microsoft gentlemen. some say that it blocks programs of instantaneous messaging as messenger.

Notice from Klass:
If your not on the Beta List from Microsoft or you did not download the file directly from Microsoft. Then it is considered a ware or warez. Distributing Beta Software without the consent of the Holder is against TOS
Edited by Klass (see edit history)

BETA versions are meant to find out the "glitches" by testing the product internally as well as releasing that version to acquire feedback from the users. Once all the information is collected; it is used to add to the product to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.I'm really unsure about the safety of that file link. It's better to wait for the final release rather than screwing up your PC. :D

Wel, in Firefox you can use mouse-gestures too!

just click on the link below:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

here yoou can download much more Firefox extensions:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/extensions/?application=firefox

extensions like, tabbed browsing preferences (with this you can change all your tab-preferences) and the CustomizeGoogle-extension (firefox ads extra information to your google search results)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17621/internet-explorer-downloads

you can test look and play with IE 7 little bit on this link. Download if you want.

I like the tabbed browsing. I'm still unsecure if its its really securer than before. lol. if you get what i mean..

YOu can find other features on the site like a new interface, printing made easy buttons, rss feeds, and tool bar search boxes.

this link is to download the thingy.

you can test look and play with IE 7 little bit on this link. Download if you want.

I like the tabbed browsing. I'm still unsecure if its its really securer than before. lol. if you get what i mean..

YOu can find other features on the site like a new interface, printing made easy buttons, rss feeds, and tool bar search boxes.

I'll presume the tabbed browsing is almost the same thing to Firefox's tab.

I found the interface a bit similar to the latest version 6 build, although jazzed up with a few extra buttons and the rss feeds, etc as quoted by the poster above.

However, as per usual, i think the first release will have probs and therefore the first release may be a BETA type version before any bugs or so are fixed.

Personally I find tabbed browsing to be annoying. I mean my START bar can group similar programs together (which in my opinion the same as tabbed windows) yet no one uses them. It's because grouping in one place for multiple windows is annoying. So why force a program to tab multiple windows when no one uses grouping similar application in the first place?

I downloaded this a few days ago (on my friends computer, I'm much to smart to install Microsoft Betas on my own machine) and I must say I was impressed....I was impressed that Microsoft had managed to make the worlds worst browser even worse, I mean come on when a browser engine can't even render the defualt homepage (msn.com) properly, then you know it's gonna be a bumby ride. I know this will probably change but whats up with the immovable toolbar, that aint where the toolbar lives, oh and yeah the tabbed prowsing is practically identical to that of firefox with two (actually quite good) differences theres a preview type thing and then there is a button at the end of the tab bar that allows you to open a new tab. But guess what both of these features I have in Firefox via extensions. So in case you can't tell (who knows maybe you work for Microsoft and are incapable of rational thought) I was not greatly immpressed with Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, it just seemed to be a little 'confused' for me, oh and then theres the total incompatance of the thing (that didn't help it). The interface is quite messed. My view of it was that its trying to be Firefox and Opera but it missed drastically, ok so there are a few promising features like the phishing detector, RSS support (although this needs a lot of work, its currently too much hassle to subscribe and view feeds imho) and if they can sort the interface out and who knows go insane and make it W3C standards complient (or at the very least the ability to render CSS somewhere close to what it should look like) then it may manage to sway me. Unfortunaly though wherever there is a copy of IE6 (oh about 90% of all PC's, I think) then this will end up, and the majority of people will use it over the numerous (better) alternatives out there, and I'm fairly sure Microsoft are fully aware of this.