xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
haron

Internet Explorer 7 reviews of IE 7 and its Betas

Yes it has vastely improved but its not about the functions as much as it is about security. Everyone knows IE has always had security flaws and new ones are found all the time.

I agree that Firefox is an awful lot more secure. Until Microsoft also offers the abilities to install extra themes and extensions and is totally compliant with standards then I will stick with Firefox.

FF is more secure than IE so ill keep on working with FF even IE improve some stuffs i think it'll still having security problems .. but lets give a chanve to IE 7 ...sometimes i get forced to use IE because some website work only with IE ... :P

I personally like IE better..it's really simple and all those extensions tend to bog down mozilla, making it run super slow...I had a friend who's firefox was using up 100 mb of ram.....If you continue having spyware and what not from browsing IE, it's simply because you're failing to secure yourself..There are settings in IE that allow you to block certain things and adding a google toolbar is really great as well...I use IE because it takes up the least ram...I have a total of 64mb of ram and firefox doesn't work great on that.Personally, I like Avant Browser as well...it's really simple, uses less ram, has themes and can transfer over your bookmarks and settings from IE so it's a simple setup anyways.Firefox is great....but there's just some things that get really annoying about it.

is internet explorers 7 already out?I use Mozzilla Firefox for now anyway, because I find it a lot faster, and the only thing that brings it down is the missing plugins and stuff. But they do update version's usually ever couple months, I think it's at version 2.4 now, and I started with 2, which was really bad, because every flash or animation was (click here to install plugin). I've recently heard of Opera 8 or something, does anyone have it? Is it any good?Thanks

Installing plug ins for firefox is annoying when you need to see something really quick and you have to downalod it. But Firefox is more secure as everyone says. I wish IE was more html strict make all the browswer strict so we don't have conflict between what we see on each computer screens.

Proper PNG graphics support

153418[/snapback]

All things alone... how many years did it take for them to put this in? I remember designing a forum theme about 3 years ago and using pngs and annoying all IE users causing them to switch to mozilla...

Now a question is that even if IE7 is vastly improved and offers the funtions Firefox offers now, will people stop moaning about IE?

Nope. IE would have to become about 10 times better than anything out there to limit complaints. As long as it's not the best there is, people will complain. And at the moment you can't blame anyone for doing so, IE is really outdated, and there are a few good alternatives (like Firefox and Opera).
I still think it's a bit of a shame that there aren't more browsers, I like diversity. A port to windows of the KHTML rendering engine for instance, and perhaps Amaya in a not too distant future would be nice to see.

From website designer point of view I hope it will be standard browser and not semi-standard again. I don't know what ppl at Microsoft are doing so long and are not able to put up standard browser. :PFrom my point of view I only hope it will be fully standard W3C. Thats all, cause I always have problems in webdesigning.I just IE7 will be fully w3c standard.I just hope Internet Explorer will be standard W3C browser like Firefox, to get rid if if IE variables in somehow 10 years.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merging 5 posts. Next time think it through before making rows of posts.

It is nice to hear that Microsoft is trying to show efforts in making their browser better, but even if it were to be much better, everyone will still have the same old image of Internet Explorer as before, meaning that the average person won't care about it and not bother downloading and upgrading to the newer version. I think that the only chance that Microsoft has of resurrecting the glory days of Internet Explorer is with the release of Microsoft's new operating system, Longhorn. Then, people will have no choice but to try out the new browser as it will be the only one available at the time. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see where Microsoft goes with this.AmeriBass

Thanks for the news.

Hmm altrough I like Mozilla FireFox much more, Internet Explorer is much easier to spell so I'll give it a try... (that was a joke)Anyway, I'll be sticking with Firefox, but giving Internet Explorer a test drive wouldnt hurt much (I hope) so I'll check it out once its released. Firefox will probably still be superior to it...

I think the IE 7 will be included with windows longhorn, if so then im just getting lh, lol, but i like the tabbed browsing, i hope they use the same hotkeys tho, themes would be nice but not totally needed for me, i have windowblinds for that, more security would be a great help, and a better download manager in it aswell, I use ie sometimes for things like .net stuff (hotmail, msn spaces, etc) because they work best with it, and well im really glad to hear that they are finally fixing the png format for it aswell. that would be like a dream come true, lol

hopefully they'll sort out security issues.apparently its been re-written from the ground up so this could mean little secruity exploits (i don't dare say none). . . . but then again there could be even more. we'll have to wait and see.IE7 will be released this summer, but will ship with longhorn i'm guessing, unless they make an even newer version. . .