xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
haron

Internet Explorer 7 reviews of IE 7 and its Betas

Lol i must say im slightly impressed....all its really done for me is made it look abit more sleek..i still prefer firefox...oh btw.... how exactly do i uninstall this beta version now :rolleyes:or can you at all :)

It's because grouping in one place for multiple windows is annoying. So why force a program to tab multiple windows when no one uses grouping similar application in the first place?

Because with Windows, you can't see what all the grouped windows are until you click on the tab to see the list (which is annoying). With a tabbed browser, once you're in the browser window, you can see all other tabs. You also can't have Windows open up with multiple saved tabs, but you can with a tab-enabled browser.
As for the IE7 beta release, you need to be aware that the install will overwrite IE6, you can't have both running at the same time (particularly important if you're a web developer cos you're still going to need IE6 to test in).

It sounds to me like this new beta version of Internet Explorer (Version 7) is a little bit dodgy, so I won't even bother downloading here. I may, however, download it when it's a sure secure version and actually has an installer :rolleyes:Is nice to see that they are actually working to the internet browser section of their company though. It really did need lots of work, with all these vulnerabilities going around (which i've heard of) from version 6.Hopefully it will improve to be better than firefox when it's complete. I really do prefer internet explorer cos of the speed at loading. Mozilla firefox appears to take ages to load on my pc.

Hopefully it will improve to be better than firefox when it's complete. I really do prefer internet explorer cos of the speed at loading. Mozilla firefox appears to take ages to load on my pc.

Must be your PC - don't have a problem on any of mine.

Tabbed Browsing and a Search Bar? A little too much like Firefox. They can copy off of Firefox's ideas all they want. I'll still refuse to use any Internet Explorer?s products unless they have extraordinary new features. Even so...

Awesome. Tabbed browsing? Never heard of it. Hey can you download it and still use Internet Explorer 6? I wouldn't want to download it and lose the 6.0 version. That would be bad. It sounds cool but I would be worried about security. It is still in testing and the interface or browsing may not be secure enough to keep out hackers and/or viruses. So I will stick with the good old fashioned version 6.0 for now. Thanks for the news though, I may have to at least test it.

i had d'loaded the 11mb file last week and after installing it i was quite happy with the way ie 7 beta workedi had a lotta problems with ie6 but ie 7 seems good with nice featureseven though i have all the 3 main browsers installed on my comp, i use ie 7 now more as compared to opera and firefox

i allready tried that BEta its quick Good lookibg :lol: with that TAB browsing also and RSS Built - In Reader is Great also ..... but the icing on the cake would've been if there was an Built- in POD CAST reader..... and by the way lol where is that MEDIA icon that wass in 6 ..... its been 3 years since i havent use it... heres maybe the way to listen to your podcast put that Media button back and it would be great ..... but u know what it is Beta ..... mine crashes a few times but its all good :PBut one minor thing thats bugging me is that its not like Firefox they shoudl though... add that kinda open source Search bar really really really usefull .....

Edited by snipehw19 (see edit history)

Awesome. Tabbed browsing? Never heard of it. Hey can you download it and still use Internet Explorer 6?

You've never heard of tabbed browsing? :lol:
And no, you can't use IE6 & 7 together.

I just saw the flash thing of it. It nearly looks just like firefox but it's all shiny. I don't think I will be downloading it. I predict this will be a failure. I am sticking with firefox.

There is NO WAY I'm switching back to Internet Explorer even if it is version 1000. But I am willing to give it a try... I'm downloading it as I type. I am mainly using Internet Explorer to see the sites that don't work that great with Mozilla Firefox (my site for example has a small image bug in Internet Explorer that doesn't show up in Firefox and it is good to know if your site has this kind of problems).Well I read about Internet Explorer 7 in my computer magazin and they only have good words for it. Maybe 'Microcrap' ( :P ) has finaly decided to do something to stop Firefox. From competition only good things can come. But I really do hope that Firefox will win (FREE SOFTWARE RULEZ :lol: )

To the person who asked earlier, AOL was not the first tabbed browser, neither was FireFox.. Opera was, released in 1995, about 10 years before FireFox.This new IE 7 is cool, except for the fact that it is still not FireFox.. you can't install extensions, nor can you install themes, which sucks.

I have heard, that the security is not so good, as they are advertising. Still, after IE 7, is mozilla firefox better. Firefox it really has security, IE 7 not, im depressed, that they haven't also made the best work, what they could do. Well, any way IE 7 is worth trying, and when the finall version it will come, we will try it. I see also, that they have stolen the tabbing :)