xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
haron

Internet Explorer 7 reviews of IE 7 and its Betas

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Sources say that IE 7.0which is code-named "Rincon," they hearwill be a tabbed browser.
IE 7.0 will feature IDN (international domain name) support; transparent PNG (Portable Network Graphics) support, which will allow for the display of overlaid images in the browser; and new functionality that will simplify printing from inside IE 7.0, partner sources said. The new browser also likely will include a built-in news aggregator.

(Coincidentally, or perhaps not, MSN just began testing a new Microsoft-developed RSS aggregator.)

Among the myriad security enhancements Microsoft is expecting to include in IE 7.0, according to partner sources:

Reduced-privilege mode becomes the default;
No cross-domain scripting and/or scripting access;
Improved SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) user interface;
Possible integration between IE 7.0 and Microsoft's Windows anti-spyware service, which currently is in beta.

Partner sources say Microsoft is wavering on the extent to which it plans to support CSS2 with IE 7.0.

Comments?

Meh, Internet Explorer is just trying to suck up to people to get them off of FireFox and all the other browsers. I have to hand it to Microsoft, they made a fine browser, but they also set it up for people to mod, make better, and distribute to people.Internet Explorer (I hope) will never be able to keep up with Firefox, I love it too much. Besides, like every webpage you go to tries to get you to download one of those **itty toolbars that takes up half your screen, along with a gig of spyware. I've yet to see some kind of crappy tool/searchbar come up for Firefox. Plus Firefox has some good mods and junk.Now, sum that all up into two words, HEIL FIREFOX!!!:)

I use internet explorer, I can't be asked to get something like firefox because I would have to download it which I can't since I I do not have the chance to...and also I don't have Norton Anti-Virus 2005 on my computer...yet. But I also think that they might be trying to to get people of firefox or they might just be trying to improve their service for the people who already use them...either way, I know I'm getting it :)

interesting... well for now IE is probably the worst browser... i mean i wouldn't mind using it if it protected me atleast even bit... i mean the amount of spyware that comes through is just astronomical... my last computer totally broke down because of spyware i remove them and they come back and its an endless cycle, now on my new computer i have used firefox and it hasn't failed me yet so im very pleased with what firefox has given me...freedom...from spyware and popups. If IE wants to make a better browser lets see how good it is, its about time for a upgrade... :)

Just like the post above i will only get it if it is going to protect me, which i doubt, i only think they are doing it to get people from firefox, i probably wont get it because i am happy with firefox for now, so i wont change to IE anytime soon. I dont know about you guys but i hate spyware.

If you ask me i dont see why micorsoft is even trying. Why compete with Firefox? Its the best browser out there and i just think Micorsoft is pissed because they didnt come upi with something as good as Firefox to sell and make a fortune off of. *beep* Moneysoft and IE7, Firefox forever.

So interesant. IE never will be better browser than Firefox.

IE 7 will be based on .NET tehnology (I think) because all application on Windows Longhorn will be based on .NET, like Windows kernel. Good, new tehnology -> new bugs - > look up my first sentence.

Soon, will be released new version of Firefox, Firefox 2.0.

http://www-archive.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/roadmap.html

Firefox 2.0 will be based on Firefox 1.0, safe & fast tehnology. :)

Ok, I have seen too many topics with "best browser", "which is the best browser", "firefox or IE", "Opera or firefox" and similar topics... and I i'll tell you something, it's pretty damn stupid to talk about... you can see it from simple example... I have approx. 5-10 unique visits in one day to My Webpage and take look at these stats:

BROWSER HITS Percent

1. MS Internet Explorer.....9934 82.5 %

2. Firefox.........................1603 13.3 %

3. Safari............................211 1.7 %

4. Unknown........................136 1.1 %

5. Opera............................117 0.9 %

------------------------------------------------

As you can see, there is main lead of 82.5% by the MS Internet Explorer. Naturally these stats are not for the whole internet community users, but they show that most of the people don't care which browser they have, and which is best and fastest.. people jsut want a system, and I mean an stable sistem, which works best for them without the need of many tweaking, and system-tuning and many other things computer brings to them...

:)

There a lot of reasons for having more access from Internet Explorer than the others. I'll write down a few that I'm thinking right now!

In LAN houses there is only Internet Explorer because somethings just work on this browser like .asp websites and why would those LAN install another browser if they are "paying" (not all :)) for Windows? At least, here in Brazil, I can hardly see a LAN house with another browser, in fact, I have never seen it but I'm not the best person to talk about it because I hardly go into a LAN house... I used to go but at that time I was starting using Mozilla and people had never heard about it before and Firefox... no comments :)...

Like I said... websites aren't build for all browsers, some of them work fine in all but normally it's made for Internet Explorer and it makes others people not to use another browser. Maybe with Internet Explorer 7 the websites are going to be more similar but it's a doubt... just wait for see if css and others will work better on it... that's my opinion.

By the way, I use Mozilla and it has no comparations with Internet Explorer which has just added anti-popup.... and which hasn't TABS... if you don't know what is TAB, take a look at mozilla's website: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/

I dont like using Internet Explorer anymore, because of its security flaws. I personally like to use FireFox as a browser, because it is a much more secure browser to work with

I use Firefox for 6 months now, never had problems with spyware or other vulnerabilities. A funny test to do, is to browse the Internet with Internet Explorer 6 and run a spyware check after it. Then clean it up, browse the internet with Firefox for a month and run the spyware check again.The difference is outrageous. Even with tabbed browsing and a few more other features (or exploits) it will remain has "Internet Explorer", all vulnerable to all kinds of spyware, worms and viruses. It never changed, I doubt it will on version 7.

well, the new IE7 is looking to be a vast improvement if the leaked details are anything to go by. my high lights are below.

Proper PNG graphics support
Tabbed browsing
Improved CSS support

Leaked details source:

Devloper Blog:

Now a question is that even if IE7 is vastly improved and offers the funtions Firefox offers now, will people stop moaning about IE?