xisto Community
delivi

How Did You Get Gmail All GMail members Invited

How did you get GMail Account?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I joined a yahoo group and a person named charles..invited me to open the gmail account! I got it around may 2004 and since then I am using it everday...and the more I use it...more addicted I get :huh:I cant live without gmail and I think that most of you guyz also!anyways...at this time I am having 2343 emails in my inbox and using 15% of my account...what about you guyz...do answer both things!

I got Gmail by requesting in a forum. Well, I did sign for that newsletter thing before, but I wanted my Gmail ASAP, so when I had my Gmail for a few months, my invitation finally came through mail, but of course, I have no use for it now~

Knowing a few people from a popular but random compuer-based forum, I got the invite from a mate in that forum sent to my Hotmail account. At the time Gmail only recently came out and If you were one of the lucky few to get a account, you were considered very lucky. Not too long after, I got about 6 invites (which in those days invites were rare, unlike now where you can get up to 100 invites). When I got my first bunch of invites, I started sending Invitations to my close mates and usually left one or two up for grabs in the same forum. Those days I only visit that forum on occasions.Like the original poster said, G-mail is now common on the internet and its much easier to get invites from forums and even mobile phones. To sum up it up, like i said in earlier posts on gmail, I'm sticking to g-mail for the long-term, maybe even forever.

I received my invite from a website called Gmailinvites or something along those lines. This was when gmail gave away their initial starting invitations, and the rest of us were scrounging around for one ;). It was fairly easy to get I just signed up and asked politely and that was it. After receiving it, I waited a few days and sent a few to the site's members and then the rest to family and friends. As of now I have the max number of invites available and pretty much just send one to anyone I see requesting :huh:. As a few have stated, it is the best web based mail and I would by no means be willing to trade it for an unlimited msn or yahoo account! ;)

I got Gmail from my sister. Then someone wanted one from me, but I was too lazy to send an invite...now i feel bad about not sending him an invite. but I created 5 Gmail accounts by sending invite after invite to myself :lol:

My friend was randomly asking people if they want an invitation, and said yes, and that's how I got one. Well I have 100 invitations left, since all my friends already got gmail, I haven't send an invitation to anyone.. if anyone wants to get invited to use gmail is always welcome to PM me and ask for one. :lol:

The way I got mine is not one of the options in the poll. Right at the beginning of gmail, they were giving out free accounts to anyone with a weblog at Blogspot, or blogger.comI saw the little ad on the side for a while before I finally decided to sign up. This is interesting, I just checked my oldest email to see that I signed up on 4/25/04. When did it start?

My story is interesting. There used to be this illegal website up that was called "Gmail spooler" which was shut down by google but while it was up people could send gmail invites to the spooler and you filled out your e-mail and it would send the invite to you. I did this and got my gmail and now I make multis by sending invites to myself:)

Well it seems that everyone got thiers from a friend, i got mine from an unkown person, i was on a forum where you could request files and people would send them to you and i saw a topic on gmail invites, it was almost new i think it was still in beta when i requested the invite, about a fortnight later i checked my email as usual and there was this email from someone i hadnt heard of. I figured it was probably spam as it had no subject when i looked, i checked the trash a day later to delete it and it had a subject so i found my invite. It was lucky that i checked as it must have been a glitch, but then the next day i got 3 more invites so i let my friends have them and now we have given nearly 300 people invites. Thanks to this site that we found.