xisto Community
delivi

How Did You Get Gmail All GMail members Invited

How did you get GMail Account?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i had to ask a friend to give me an invite. Invites were soo hard to get those days. I used to use yahoomail but now I can't imagine life without gmail. The best thing in gmail is that it is integrated with various other google apps that I use like gtalk and orkut. Gmail is the best!

I got google account ,like a Bomb , in my life, i have no idea before that a free email account can give u mega space, but when my friend told me and send me invitation of joining , i was amaze to see my mail box space.

I actually got the account from someone here via invitation. A few minutes later I had a gmail account, and a few weeks later my Lycos mailbox was upgraded to 3 GB, so now I've got about 5 GB of space to use that I'll never find an actual use for, I'll bet.

It is natural that most people got invited, like myself, since they had gmail for a long time with no public sign-up. It must have been a pain in the *** for some people to get an invite. I am not one of them though. Didn't even know about Gmail before I got an invite.

Got an invite to gmail from blogger.com I remember the days, not too long ago I might add, when almost everyone wanted a gmail account, swapping a gmail invite in exchange for something.Someone sent me a cool T-shirt from Japan. :) Yeah...Shame on me.

I got gmail from a friend when it was still BETA too.I have let gmail accout sleep for long time, I turned to use Gmail about 1 month ago.I think I use it because large space and good orgnize of mails.

what is this google invite stuff? Ive never heard of it.... i just clicked mail on google and signed up... did i do something wrong? lol? help me...

In the past, Gmail was only available be an invitation system. Lately, you simply request the account and sign-up as you did.

I got the invite from one of my friends. That time I had been using email only for a short time (with Yahoo) so I could move everything to gmail. So far gmail is very good, I think no other free email provider is better than gmail.My friends at Yahoo keep telling me that they get tired of spam (they can have as much as 5 to 10 spams passing through Yahoo's SpamGuard every day); in gmail I have just received one spam passing through the filter throughout my whole life (my account gets about 250 spams every month, that is like 8+ spams a day)