xisto Community
kelvinismyname

How April Fools Day Began? i always wonder the story behind this

I haven't been in any other country than mine, but talking with people that have traveled a lot I've found that many countries have many celebrations much alike or to celebrate the same thing, as that fools day. Does some one else know if there's another calendar day for that thing in Japan for example?? :rolleyes:

lol i love playing pranks on ppl......its very fun!!!!! but i still dont get who formed april fools day and why he did???? and also, why did he pick april 1st??? u kno he could of picked january 22nd.......

April fools is overrated. After all, if people KNOW that someone's gonna play a prank on them, then it's not really a prank anymore is it? Example, the time my friend suddenly ran around the corner, saw me and stopped, then said to me while panting heavily, "There's been an accident on the main road! 3 kids got run over by a car! Quick, we've gotta get help!". Since I knew that it as April 1st, I pretty much knew that he was fooling me. But to make sure (hey, i dont wanna be responsible for the deaths of 3 innocent children ok?), I simply asked him why he didn't use his phone. So he stops panting and stares down at the ground for about five seconds. Then he looks up at me, puts n a big grin and says April Fool...You see? It kinda defeats the purpose when you're EXPECTING pranks to be played on you. I've found that it's better to spread the pranks out throughout the year when people aren't expecting it. Of course, i don't play pranks as evil as the one my friend played on me. That was trying to play wih my guilt and conscience. I do more of the type that mildly humiliate and embarass the prank victims. Like putting glue on their coke can so that it sticks to their hand. But i never use super glue or anything dumb like that. Do you know that it REALLLLLLYYY hurts to have your skin ripped off? Yeah, it's true. Hurts even worse than having your hair ripped off.Now, don't get any ideas from what i wrote here. DO NOT use super glue on a coke can and give it to your friend. I'm pretty sure that it's actually illegal. So my point is that you shouldnt have a special day for pranks. It defeats the whole purpose...

wow. .thanks for the background infomation about april fool. .when i was little.. i was confused... if april fool was on apirl 1st or apirl 4th. .beause fool sounded kinda like fourth. >AHAAH. I hate this day because.. i usually don't remember it.. and people told me lies.. and i believed them.. .for like breif second.. which made me feel really dumb.. lol. .I could think of so many mean things to do to girls though =P.. maybe i should do that this year.. ask a girl out and then say apirl fool. >AHAAH. she will hate me forever and become the biggest *BLEEP* of the whole school =P

One of the local radio stations played an April Fool's joke on the whole city one year. They broadcast that an armored car's back door was open, and it was driving down the road with money falling out of the back of it. They made up a street and intersection and said it was there. People all over the city were driving around trying to find the imaginary street, looking for the car. LMAOEventually, after several hours, they admitted it was an April Fool's day joke. They fooled a lot of people.

We don't celebrate that here in the Philippines. I don't think anyone has much interest in it either. I know about it because of watching American Television perhaps? I think it's a really fun day, and I wish I could experience it someday. Though I'd like to do some of the pranks myself. :(

In speaking of April first, tomorrow's going to be just that day. I've got everything planned out for what I expect to pull off, but hopefully I'll be able to get it all done on time. Anybody have any certain prank planned out days in advanced like I usually do? :angry: April Fool's day is just about my favorite holiday of the year, seriously.

April Fools Day is good, every April 1st , our newspaper will merge fake news with the true stories. So if you arent aware that today is april fool's day. You might just be shaken and stirred while reading the newspaper, even though the news stories tell you that they are continued on some other page where they break the truth.

happy fools day today :angry: although it is not counted as a holiday,we would still like enjoy this day.just now,the speaker told us student there would be no electricity in our building.we are hurried to shut down pc to protect it from instant out of power.but 1 hour later,the speaker told us that was a j/k...and say happy fool day to us...

Well I also always wondered how April fools day came to be. Thanks for sharing although now it just sort of ruins they day :angry: No point of pulling pranks if you know why you are. I don't really do it anymore though anyway. I never really did many things on april fools.