xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FLaKes

Is 21 Y.o. Old? Is 21 year of age considered old?

The way I see it, you are as young as you want to be. You could be 100 years old and still have fun in life. If you are 21 you still have only gone through one quarter of your life maybe not even. You never know you might live to be 500 years old with the new technology we are comign out with but even so, if you only live to be 81 you still have sixty years left in your life, which is 3/4 of your life still to go about. It doesn't matter though because you could do things at the age of 80 that people do when they are 10, like play softball or something. Just have fun and live life to the fullest really. It isn't about white hair or wrinkled skin, it is who you are and what you do.

I personally dont think that 21 is old. To be honest, you definitely are still young at heart since that is the first year you can legally drink and go to bars so at 21 you havent grown out of the "having a good time" phase. personally, i think old starts setting in around 28 - 30 since you arent in college anymore, bars arent as enjoyable, you may be married and even have kids, etc. Until then, young as can be

No way! Being twenty-one definately does not make you old. I am a few years younger than that (not telling how much...) and those couple of years do not make you become old all of a sudden. You are young as long as you believe in being young, providing that you take care of yourself and your body's needs. You stated that your physical and mental conditions are top-notch, just like they were when you were young; therefore, you are still young my friend. Don't worry about getting old and most definately don't worry about what others think in regards of whether or not you are too old to do the things that you enjoy doing. I find that I highly respect those people that know how to have the knowledge of an elder while still maintaing the charm and charisma of a person of younger age.

SM is right about taking respnasibality i am 23 now and i would be very scard if 21 was considerd old but hellRAISER when you are an adult your life changes all these responsibilatys kicking in and you have to get out and about by yourself you have to get a job and ern a living and when you reach 21 going to strip clubs aint that appling mate it just a phace you go through the same with alcahool you wake up the morning afterward with a hangover and then its even worce because you have to go to work that day and trust me when i say this it aint plesent.so my advice to you is be a kid whilst you still can :)

Heh... I certainly hope it isn't old. If it is, then I must be old lol!I don't really think that once we hit a certain age that the child in us dies. It mearly grows with us. With that, yes comes certain responsibilities, but that is all a part of life. I suppose I might feel that way, because I really haven't felt like a kid for such a long time. But, then again, I don't really feel like an adult either. I'm sort of in that 'stuck in the middle' phase.Eventually I figure that I will feel like a grown up, but I presume that no matter what the age, we will always have some sort of child in us. But, now maybe it can think a little more rationally, and do things for the better. That is all I can hope for.

I already have that age and not yet I consider myself old, he sometimes enters me the nostalgia for the years that have passed of my life, for the loves and indifferences for all the adventures that I have happened and when I look at all that I have lived I sit down but old but also but happy of having lived so much.I feel happy with my 21 years worse also miss the things that me toward when it was small, not having obligations to play and alone to have a good time, you arrive to this age and you realize that you have to work five pesetas to be somebody in this life.It is not enough alone with to get up and to sit down together with the computer or to leave to the street and to go of party, you have to work to have a creative mind and to take advantage every year of your life to bend and so forth the 21 years at 42.Anything of that makes presently it was unpunished in the future.Your you should work today to sleep well tomorrow and power feel with the freedom again that boy's haves when you are an old man.

It's not old.I remember that when I was like 10 years old I used to pass by the class of the 6th graders and think something like "Wow, they are so old."It's just the matter of age.

21! Old! Gees, saying stuff like that makes me feel old. I will be 27 this year. I can't say that I really feel much older than say I did when I was around 22/23. It's strange though looking back to then or even when I was like 17. I thought I was soooo mature then. What a rude awakening it is now. I kinda feel like an idiot though thinking back on some of the things i thought were mature and I now realise were some of the most immature and childish things I've ever done in my life. All I can say is, if your 16-20, don;t think you are emotionally mature and think very carefully about making big decisions that at the time may seem like nothing - they will inevitably come back to bite you in the butt. That said, enjoy life for life. And enjoying yourself does not have to mean getting drunk/stoned/sex etc. I've had way more fun in other ways than getting smashed and I get to remember afterwards! And no, I am not a christian :blink:

21, no way. A person that is at that age probably still has three or four times that many years to live and in that many years you can still do alot. What would you think of the people who are 60-80?

Well when you turn 21, you're given the 'key of life'...so wouldn't that mean you're really just starting out?

No, its not old - you know you're old when randoms call you 'sir'.

Callum

I'd have to say that being 21 is not about drinking and partying. Most seem to learn about responsibility, independance and needing support from loved ones when you need it the most. For example, some may go on to college or university and get a degree (well its a competitive world out there in the job market) or some may do a trade or apprenticeship from a training insitution such as TAFE (in Australia).As one person had said, a lot of people seem to change when they hit their 20s, and it does happen to many people. Some may have had smart minds and may have been a top achiever at school (like a School DUX) for their whole life, but a few out of that group may have cracked under pressure when they are on their own, and unfortunately some say screw it and end up turning to crime which in turn they end up in jail (which does result in ruining their life).Also in addition to those that may be studying now at a college or uni for their degree, i would suggest getting some experience in your chosen field (even if its just volunteer unpaid work), some experience is worth it... more valuable than a high grade on a degree without any experience at all..

Nah man dont think like that.. if you dont want the kid inside you gone keep doing stuff that remind you of your past like skating, going to the cinema. have you ever heard the saying age aint nothing but a number.. dont think about being 21..but also some of us teenagers wanna be yur age.. i mean clubbing, partying etc that is where the life starts lol but you do get alot of pressure for like a job, education, reponsibility etc and i can get stressy

I don't know about you guys, but I'm 14 and I feel old! If I tell my dad that, then he'll tell me "Old? You're not old!" He has this thing - the two words he hates the most are 'middle-aged' (directly related to this topic) and 'orthodontist' (unrelated side note; hates them because they want a ton of $$$$).I'm a teenager and sort of want to be older - I want to have money, not have to go to bed really early or wake up early (I know, lawyers and doctors are up at the crack of dawn), and many other things.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

I don't think so at all. I'm 23 and I feel like I"m 16 most of the time.. Even at my work it's all fun and laughs. It's all about how you feel inside, if you feel old then your old, if not then your not :(.