xisto Community
football123213

Which Is Faster Broadband, Dsl Or Cable

I say its better to have CABLE line, DSL it's pretty good too, but these ISP sucker here in Croatia - they charge a download and that download it's limited to 512MB monthly and everything above that they charge extra. And the upload is limited to 16Kb There is no "flat-line" term here (Croatia). And Cable providers (there is currently only one) they give you "flat-line" but you are able to surf at reasonable speeds only if all people from the same building as you do not download at the same time, which means, its fast but only if there is not too much people on one line at the same time. But w.t.f.! I got my DSL connection at work. and it's pretty fast for me. So, Im happy with it.

Cable is definately better in speed and availability. I think our cable has only been down once since ive lived here almost 5 years compared to my friends DSL which is down almost once a week. So go with cable over DSL if you havent already and if you have then you are very very smart :P:DB)

I've got cable w/ Comcast. It's very fast, I run a small server off it for online games and whatnot. Very cool, definatly prefer cable, as it very rarely goes down.

I got cable with the regular cable company(have no clue who that is lol) but I love it and im on Long Island in New York. I havnt had any problems with it in the past I dont think and the only thing that makes it slow down is hackers, trojens, and spyware. As usual. :P

Cable is usually shared, that is, you will get high bandwidth in non peak hours while suffering from congestion in peak hours. It also depends on your neighbors, say if 10 neighbors from the same network BitTorrent a lot, then you won?t have much left to use. One great thing about cable is that upload bandwidth is usually high; you can get good result with BT sometimes. ADSL and VDSL are similar. Upload bandwidth is low but download speed is more stable. Cable is usually on fixed IP where DSL usually operates on PPPoE or DHCP. Fixed IP is good if you host a website, but bad for security reasons. I would suggest getting VDSL if your budget allows, or even a CAT5 connection.

Cable can reach way higher speeds than ADSL. However, ADSL is getting faster these days.But for a more all-rounded comparision, ADSL is more stable in terms of speed and is affected by network traffic to a lesser extent that cable.Cable is largely affected by network traffic and may experience speed swings.

I prefer DSL, Because Well Getting DSL Unlimited than CABLE Bandwidth Limit. So yeah, I would prefer UNLIMITED because they are both the same price, CABLE Bandwidth and DSL Unlimited.

Really... as previously said, they both have their pros and cons...Im pro DSL only cause its pros outweight its cons in both itself and cable.I just dont like the idea of "sharing bandwith" cause i have a ton of kids on my block that do many sleepless nights cybering, so DSL better suits be, pluss it also does good on wireless, as i said in another post, i pull a constant 11 mbps no matter the location in my house.But over all its just use opinion, ones who have cable will tell you to use cable, people who use dsl will tell you to use dsl. If you have the money for it, get t1, that will take care of all of your problems, will that there will be my two cents...

i would definitely go for ADSL, it has better upload speed than cable which is good for upload in p2p programs, such as kazza, winmx and bittorrent. for some bit torrent's servers you need to have certain upload speed to get the faster speed you can have. for instant you got 1.5mb downstrem but only 256 upstrem, in that case you might only get to about 700kbps, because peers will not send you any data unless you send them data.