xisto Community
seanooi

Why And When Did You Make Your First Site?

Mmm.. the first site I made was kinda.. not mine at all ^^My boyfriend was making an online RPG (A MUD of sorts), and he had an angelfire site for it. The site was horrible.. paragraphs of text, with some pagebreaks thrown in.So.. I learned HTML, and made it beautiful. (Next came CSS.. then PHP.. and before I knew it, I was registering for college as a programming major <3)

I made my 1st website about 7 years ago. I used bizland.com, it was free but with their ads. I built it as a study website for Cisco certifications. Since then, I've built many sites, for bands, for various business, photo albums, mp3, etc. .

I really don't remember when I made my Geocities site, but it was just a small personal site. I started it with a PageWizard, and then editied it with PageBuilder (worst Web design program ever). I was annoyed by Yahoo's ads, and felt limited by the tools provided. That was when I wasn't so smart in computers. Now I am running a Mambo site and a WordPress blog (on Xisto of course), and have experience in HTML, JavaScript, a little PHP, and ASP.Net.

I made my website when I was about ten or eleven years old. I remember I was just learning how to use the internet (I had AOL and it was slow as hell) and I wanted to try out making a website. I used Angelfire and it was the worst website...hahaha, I still have the account there but I deleted the website a long time ago.

i made my first site about 9 years back. I think it was on geocities or bizland...one of these...I posted links to my favourite sites, and freebies, mp3s, screensavers and all! it was fun. It felt good to have the presence on the web...!Yep...those were the good 'ol days :)

First webpage was when i was like... 10? It was one of the times i was big into counter strike and wanted to start my own clan, sadly that didn't go over as well as i wanted it to. Oh well :)

I wanted to first make a website so that I had a place to put my thoughts without being censored or tisk-tisked. I also love to design webpage graphics and love to work with colors and color schemes. I think web sites are a great thing to have if you have a lot of thoughts and you are a control freak, such as myself:)

My first website was like 2 months ago and is still in use. i tried tripod and bravenet etc but i am tryin to find a good one. i hated all the restrictions of thoses hosts. then i found this site. because i may think of maybe paying after all the restrictions go away

We just got dial-up internet, and I was sooo amazed by it. I didn't expect the internet to be so colorful :) I then started making random tables and big colored texts in Frontpage. I also discovered MS Paint, so I drew stuff and uploaded it to my Geocities account. It was a rather black website though, because all the drawings done in Paint were black and white, and I wanted my layout to match it. I had a little profile of myself and a, I believe, Bravenet guestbook. I think I was 13 years old.

ahh i rememberI made a site a long time ago, actually 5 or 4 years ago. I picked Tripod, because it was easy and i didnt know other good hosts. My first site was, i admit, about dragonball Z. It was call dbz dungeon. And, i think it was pretty dang good. I had plenty of content. I had sagas, bios, pictures, and just other info. Then out of nowhere, i log in to update the site, and its HACKED. Theres this page on main that says that his site is for sale for $10 or $5 dollars. I got pissed off. Some security Tripod had. He left his email address, but i didnt bother emailing him, knowing it would do no help.So yea..good and bad times

im not even sure what was my first site....but it wus definately off freewebs..but im just not sure whether this site was for a clan or just a personal website of myself...i believe i made my first website about 6 years ago i think n now i can manage php sites n html sites...i dont need to make a site using any noobish visual website editing program...ive gotten help from others, learned from experimenting and just looking up on the interenet to know as much as i do now...

I made my first website of freewebs.com. I made it there because my friend had told me about it and it looked okay. But it wasnt that great after all. My second website was on friendpages and I thought that would be better, but it was a lot more complicated because everything had to be in HTML, but it was much better than freewebs..because as long as I uploaded everything i wanted to be on there..it would be okay. Freewebs had a certain amount of pictures you could have on it without having to pay. Now, my websites on piczo, and I really like it. I think its the best out of all of them. The more visitor's you have, the more photo storage increas you'll get, so that's really good. I think you start with being able to upload 100 pictures. & the more visitors you get, it'll go up. You can also use HTML for special writings and such. I would strongly suggest piczo to anyone who wants to make a website.

Hmm, I made my first site about 3 years ago, I had to take a class on web designs and learn all the HTML codes and so I did and thought it was pretty easy to make websites. That was all basic stuff though, after school finished that year I made a site on geocities mainly because its easy to make and it has all the drag and drop options. It was a website about absolutely whatever I liked, lol.