xisto Community
seanooi

Why And When Did You Make Your First Site?

It was my friend who first introduced to me that you could make your very own website online ._.;heh, we made one together. It's really tacky though, and is probably all broken down by now because it was many, many years ago. Anyways, we used the pagebuilder in geocities.After that collab website that we never got to update much (like once a year), I decided I wanted to make my own one, and I know she made her own one as well. At some stage I ditched the pagebuilder in geocities because I felt I didn't need to be making these beginner things anymore B-D sso, I started to learn html and make sites out of coding them myself (by that time, I had made lots of unfinished, pagebuilder-built useless sites that'd take lots and lots of bandwidth because of all the random pictures and stuff everywhere xD). So erm, over the times I've made a lot of useless unfinished sites, ditched them, started over, etc, etc. I know that geocities only provided 15mb of space. It wasn't much compared to the other hosts I had searched for with 50mb, etc. I stayed with freewebs for a while, made a few, ditched them and since the start I have constantly wanting to improve and expand on knowledge of website making. This time I wanna learn coding in php, once I get some hosting space o_o; eh, but as I procastinate a lot, I just hope I can actually settle with a final site to have everything I've wanted to put on it on there, and not half-done like all the others ;PI pretty much like to have my own site because it's nice to see something you made and call it your own, customize it and have everything you like on it, personalised to your custom liking xD And I guess it kind of can be called a hobby too? even if most of its just unfinished, heh.Theres my story. x_x;;

I started my first ever website when I was quite young at 14. 5 years ago. At that time I only knew the basic HTML formatting skills, I do not know CSS, Design, DIV ... etc. I was with lycos back then, using one of their templates, adding html code to include news ticker ... etc, things like that. There wasn't any designing or coding to be done for me. In fact, it was a click basis, nothing difficult. It was meant as a website for my football team. But that was the bone to get me going and today I can design far more complexed webpages.