xisto Community
Zorkaplex

Cloning Your opinion on cloning

What is everyones stance on cloning and why. In my health class today we had a big disscution on this. I think for some perposess it should be illegal like organ harvesting or medical testing.

Well forst what's your stand? But I thing that full body cloning, not good, who would want an army of bill gates running around? Not me that's for sure. But small tissue cloning would be great, just think of what you could fix, "need a kidney? give my 7 days and I'll grow you one." (This statement does not indicate an actual offer)

I don't think you can "clone" a kidney, persay. That's more related to stem cell research instead of cloning.For cloning, I think it's all right to clone animals and things like that. Heck, we breed the animals and use all these hormones and things inside the animal feed. It would be better to just clone the animals instead of using so many hormones, I would think. But, I'm against human cloning because it would just be creepy if a service was created to "revive the dead".

i dont think cloning should be done on the entire body so a whole new person is made but instead like they can clone a heart od organ so that you wont have to pay millions for organs.

hm im not so sure about cloning. well i think i wouldent be for cloneing humans. maybe just get a really nice fat cow and pig and clone them many times to get the meat. once cloneing becomes economical enough for there to b e a profit in that kind of food solution. There was an article here some time ago that said somehting about a printer that could print human organs and all that kind of stuff. i think that goes into the direction of what conret is talking about. just clone certain types of organs to fit in with sick people.

Ummm i would say i am against cloning. I do belivie we can find a use for cloning eventually so i am not saying it is evil or anything. Also the government has banned cloning but rich people could still fund thier own reasearch without the government knowing!! Dosent that just push your buttons! Plus if cloning was like you could live forever it would be totally unfair to the lower class!

I think we should start by outlining the issue. I think the big problem with cloning are some of the unethical applications for it. Namely, cloning a human being. One reason for not cloning human beings is because of the "soul" factor. If you cloned yourself, who or what soul would be in the clone? Would your soul share two bodies? These are some of the questions that are raised when speaking on a spiritual point of view.Moving on to something more "real", we come to the fact that a human clone can have many possible applications. The first thing that comes to mind for most people is "immortality". Cloning yourself means that you can have a "bag of spare parts" that will be available when you get into trouble. Say you have a heart attack and you need a transplant, your clone will have the perfect donar heart. Is this murder? Is this acceptable?Eventually, it might be possible to actually transplant your brain into a clone body and then you will be young again. (This is the true fountain of youth). What implications does this have on society? Would this mean over population? Are clones people? Should they be used like this?If you look at cloning animals, none of these issues arise. This is because animals usually aren't considered to have a soul. It is acceptable to kill animals (to eat, for medical reasons, etc.). cloning can be good in this case because you can clone endangered species or even extinct species a la jurassic park. This is probably a benefit to society.For me, I think cloning is the way to go. With all technologies there are always good and bad things. It is how we use them that makes it good or bad. The technology itself is not bad.

I think what really scares people isn't that they could clone humans but that they might make a super clone race. Kindof like the second foundation in Issac Assimov's Foundation series. I think it's just another step in evolution before everyone is immortal and genetically so superior we are all equal, so I'm fine for it, better for my (add many grands here) kids. Plus, reproduction is basically the random mixing and copying of two different existing gene patterns. All we add is some control, I'm all for it.

I have reasons for being both for and against the cloning. It can help in matters like replacing someone's kidneys without the need of spending too much time and effort in repairing, when usually this is not possible in the first place.However, I don't feel it's right that we should be cloning a real human. If we clone a person, then it's like having multiple people of the same person and soul.It'd be just like those programs that show on the television, whereby a scientist or character gets cloned and causes havoc. It would just be so unrealistic and cause shock. All things have bad side-effects as well as the good.These are my opinions anyway.

I dont know if anyone watched the movie "The Island" but its great and its about cloning. Its about how people (usually rich folks) used clones as their "insurance policies". That is, if a "real" person gets sick or has an accident, then the clone is used as a replacement. So, the clone ends dead, and "customer" ends happy. The problem is that clones didnt knew what was going on. They were told that there is contamination out there and that there is only one island that is not contaminanted. And that "underground" clone society had a lottery program where they choose "a random" member (clone) to get transfered to the island.Great movie, and those things you mentioned are predicted quite well, although, a bit on a dark side. Cloning whole person is bad, in my opinion (I would be jelaous of my clone), but "organ replication" sounds as a much better solution to a lot of prolems for which people would generaly use cloning. If it only existed...

I'm not sure how I feel about cloning people on purpose, but nature has been doing it for a long time. Monozygotic twins are genetic clones of each other and they seem to get along ok. Is anyone a twin? Do you feel like you are 1 soul in two bodies? :P

I think Cloning is awful. Its just so wrong on so many levels. Especially when they really just want to clone, to help save people's lives. But these clones have feelings, they are "only human"...its not fair to create someone for the soul reason to save someone else. People think just because you CAN do something that its okay, or that you should. Ive heard they wanted to clone a whooly mammoth, what for? They are excint, maybe there is a reason why they are.Humans shouldn't play god, and i feel science is just getting more and more morally wrong. I have read about scientists taking the head off of one dog, and placing it onto another dogs body...WHY? [And its true]. Scientists need to start figuring out how to SAVE lives, not CREATE them. Our Planet is being destroyed everyday..but its okay because soon we will have clones....?

I think that we should not clone whole people. For one thing, people are supposed to be like snowflakes. No two are exactly alike. Sure, there's twins, but there is always *one thing* that is different about them. For instance, the Mowry twins. Tamara has a mole and Tia doesn't. however, I think that we should do "organ replication", for those crash victims and such who need certain organs right away. That way, you don't have to actually give your heart or lungs away, but you can let them take some DNA from it and grow a new one, and then the problem is solved!!If only we were scientifically advanced enough..-captain_jack_luvr

I think cloning is the way forward! who cares about the ethical problems caused by cloning, make the clones and sell em for a profit! 2 clones for the price of one. Also a new line of shops could be opened and banks in the future could exchange organs insted of cash. Cloning to create a specific race sounds good to, if I could do that id think id make a race called the aryans, id give em all specific characteristics e.G blonde hair blue eyes sounds good and with my new army I may finally be able to take over poland to create lebensraum. Go team aryan!-reply by ADOLF