xisto Community
baseballkid782

Gmail Space Is it enough?

Do you think Gmail provides enough space?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

but at least they're offering decent amounts of space, unlike others, and they keep their adverts much less obvious. Sometimes useful...?Don't you just love the fact that you're being profiled by google? Apart from that Google are continuing to rule the world...

Did they really offered 300GB when they came in?? I joined gmail some time in June last year. I only remember them offering 1GB to begin with...Anyhow, yes 2.6 gb is enough for me. I still delete some of my mails to avoid cluttering the inbox. Maybe i'm not yet comfortable with the idea of keeping all mails and using the search box to look up emails... :P

I'm not sure of how much space it started to offer when it just came in... but, c'mmon, silly boys, 2 GB is quite enough for most of us. I dunno about you all, but I think GMail provides such a fantastic and good quality free mail storage service. So, why not stop complaining about the service?

Please, try to find a better service and that complete as GMail is...

Cheers!!!! :P

Google Email - Gmail is one of the best free services that one can get on the internet. I think baseballkid782 was simply trying to say that initially Gmail offers 3BG inbox storage. But he failed to say that he is happy or not happy with 2 plus GB he is getting right now. In fact, if he is not happy he can ask Gmail to terminate his email account (just kidding). I think 2 plus GB is quite enough and its a lot all for free. And how Gmail redefine the way we use email. I think they deserve praise too. Once Gmail came into picture, Yahoo and hotmail and others also have to upgrade their inbox storage capacity which is a very good move Gmail started.And also I've not heard Gmail offering 3GB in the past as well. I'm quite satisfied with the present one. If one wants more space he can open more accounts.

I know they keep on "counting" up the free space they are offering at gmail, but my emails at gmail keep on going up as well. I now reach 10% of limit, that is 266MB something in my mailbox. As broadband and Multimedia, including 3gp videos taken by cell phones, MPEG-4 movies taken by digital cameras and even DVD recorder are getting more and more popular, 266MB is not at all large. I download 500GB per month, and 266MB is just an insignificant amount. (takes less <10 minutes to download.) The need for bandwidth and free space is going up exponentially, and I really wonder when we will start shouting and screaming for the meager free space we got, as we did shouting at the stupid hotmail (I have stopped using this stupid thing from microsoft). Perhaps, we will all have our SMTP and POP (IMAIL) server some years later and free email will become history.

At 2.6 GB, I have more than enough storage space for my e-mail. I keep most of my messages, but I often delete the ones that are no longer important. Hence, even now I'm still using 0 % of my total storage space to this day.

The space is fine, i dont use gmail because everyone has one. I use Gawab, it has everythin including over 2.5 gb of space and some pop address. Gmail seems quite nice so i dont really know what the problem is unless you knida have over 1000 messages. If things get tight then why don't you just delete what you have, it's easier than complaining. Also remember its free and it's web based to expect too much.

the big thing about gmail for me is not really the space because I don't think I will even need 500mb. I think gmail is good because it has a fast interface. hotmail, yahoo, and many other web based email is too slow. Partly because of the huge banner graphic ads they are loading but also because they try to make their service look good with all the useless graphics. Gmail takes the simple approach and as a result loads much faster. I don't need my email program to look good. I just want to send emails without having to wait after every click of the mouse.

...Hm.. Considering this is a lovely free email account, I think 2GB is great.. I've had it for a year now, and have never deleted an email that wasn't spam.. including the ones containing all the pictures, music, and mpeg clips my friends have sent me.. and still, I'm only at 4%.People who need more than 2GB for email are probably using it for.. something other than email ^^;Save that stuff on your HD and delete a few messages ^^;

I'm using 5 percent of my gmail box, I get a lot of auto generated messages (Like the new post on x forum blablabla, so I remember to keep visiting Xisto :P) Also lot's of HTML emails, which take a lot of space as well. Still, 2669 MB space (It's that many on my account at the time I'm writing wrtiting) is enough to keep receiving these news letters for a year or five, and then I should start deleting one or two.And Google mail isnt just good for the 2.5 GB storage space they provide, Google will continue to expend the features of their mail, so we will stay interested in them. For me, Google Mail is the best.

Always complaining. I don?t mind if google or another email provider offered 3 gigas or 3 terabytes in the past. The fact is that Gmail provides us more that 2 gigas and it?s mora than enough, unless we want to have our mp3 or video collection there, which is kind of stupid. For me is a great offer and their ads doesn?t disturb me.

Gmail can give you 1terabyte of space... but you will never use it. Gmail will ban you if you try to upload some realy big files and then use it like hostin...If you login in 10min with 3 diferent IP it will block your account for some time. So there is no chance to spend all that space.So they offer more than thay have... you think that they have 2000mb for each user :P nope...some users have 0% used some 2, 3, even 50% but noone have all used. I think you get the point.And what do you people get as an atach in mail ? Games ? movie ? mail is not P2P :P