xisto Community
Mike83

Free .be Domain Names For A Year

They're not like those .tk ones either, they're proper domains, like a .com only from Belgium.

Um... how exactly is it any different than a .tk domain... exept for less time... ? u sayd "proper domains"... define that...

The .tk domains aren't really real domains. They aren't fully managable domains like .com, .net, etc; .be is an actual domain. .tk domains don't always work for some people like myself. They are the only url you are gonna see. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ no http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ so you have to navigate to every page every time you go there unless you put it in your favorites. Hope that helped explain.

Great, but...shouldn't this be in the Freebie section?Its great, but if i'm not mistaken; it's only a DNS control site. You can't edit the webpage; all you can do it point the nameservers. :)

Yes its not really a hosting offer that goes along with the free domain name. YOu could host your domain that you got there on Xisto itself or wherever. I already registered one domain and it approved really quick.

Great site, I remember free .info domains were offered a few years ago, and I used one for a year, and then moved to a .com which I'm using till august next year... Well, I'll just register it for another site :)

Nice, thanks I may try it. But have you heard about freedomains.co.nr, they are offering free domain names with no pop-ups and banners or advirsterment.I registered my domain name on co.nr, the only thing you have to do is to put a link buttion somewhere on your homepage. :P Hope you guys try it too, its very nice! :P

good thing i got two under my belt before that closing. I just wished it was more than a year. i'll probably cancel the thing after one year of service.

Oh... I?ve noticed this post right now... I wish I have seen it before and now I would have my .be domain instead the .tk that is getting more and more annoying.Weel, I hope there will be more chances like this :rolleyes:

Aww I'm mad that I missed it. And I really wanted to get a domain! Argh. They should give out free domains more often. I know, they didn't publicize their giveaway, so that people wouldnt know about it. And then they just went. "OK DONE BYE." Grr. Greedy people.I wish I had noticed this post earlier. Or joined earlier at that.

Aww I'm mad that I missed it. And I really wanted to get a domain! Argh. They should give out free domains more often.
I know, they didn't publicize their giveaway, so that people wouldnt know about it. And then they just went. "OK DONE BYE." Grr. Greedy people.

I wish I had noticed this post earlier. Or joined earlier at that.

they actually did.. if you are on alot of webmaster forum.. you would know.. https://www.eurodns.com/ isn't the only stite that igve out free .be domain either. .there are many other domain site that offer it for free.. but all of them are over now.. i guess it doesn't depend on the site.. maybe the icann is responsible for that..

well.. i wasn't so greedy like some people that signed for 10 domains.. i signed up for only 1 .be domain. .don't need that many.. .i would rather get a .com domain instead...