xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo

Kfc Does Not Use Real Chickens

Well I love fried chicken and that rumor doesn't change anything. :P KFC is good. It could be a good thing though. Maybe they won't get the bird flu and we won't all get it from eating them.

Is that "HOT NEWS" or is that a plain rumor?

Do you have any links to confirm this?

I know that major fast food companies use "battery" chickens, and I think that scientists have engineered a featherless chicken a few years ago, but I don't think that they keep them alive in any sorts of tubes...  :)

This is disgusting enough: http://www.downthelane.net/battery.php

201126[/snapback]

yeah I wonder the same thing if this si a rumor or not, Ive heard about it before. And the link it pretty nasty. Now I dot even want to eat chicken. Never eally did liek it in the first place.

I've already heard about this and frankly I don't care. I also heard the same about McDonalds but I eat there almost twice a week. I go to KFC maybe twice a month and I eat the fries because I'm not to big of a chicken fanatic. I will eat the gravy though, I don't know if they use the chicken to make it so yeah. I don't care either.As long as it isn't meat from where I use to work I am all for it.

I totally agree with the fact that we generally help spreading spam and false claims by circulating through mass mailing and discussing among friends.There are people who use big names and brand just to create a stir and start of a chain of mails which amazingly grip the whole cyber world. Before passing on these info we should atleast put in some brains behind it and try to find out truth.

Did you know... That KFC dosen't use real chickens?? Heres what they use. They use some kinda mutated beakless, featherless chickens. They keep them alive with tubes in em. Its kinda bad how fastfood places do what they do to save money now.

201115[/snapback]

This story is a complete hoax.

In 2003 a mass email sent to everyone claimed that KFC was banned from using the word "Chicken" due to the fact that their chickens were genetically modified and had vital parts removed such as beaks and wings, thereby no longer making them a chicken. They were apparently kept alive by having nutrients squirted into them through tubes. But there is no record of any ban on KFC, and also it would be treated as cruelty to animals if such a thing was possible. To repeat, the story is a complete hoax.

KFC DOES use real chickens. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

To all the people syaing they wouldn't eat KFC because of this. . . . well. . .have you ever eaten a chicken from a super market?. . . . EXACTLY the same thing :lol: its the same Boiler chicken production.

Dont worry

Kfc Does Not Use Real Chickens

Its a rumor, the New Hampshire study never happen. KFC doesn't use any wierd freaky creatures.

-reply by anusha

KFC in Australia at least uses Chickens from other retailers such as Inghams and so forth. Then they cook the chicken to the original recipe and/or hot and spicy recipe from there.

I work for KFC, in Canada, as an award winning cook.The chickens are mostly raised locally, and fresh-killed with a 1-week best-before date. The chicken is sent to us packaged in 50 lb (22 Kg) plastic lugs. Occasionally, perhaps 1 week in 15, when local supply cannot meet local demand, we'll get frozen chicken, packaged from producers in other provinces.Each chicken is 9 cut pieces. Two thighs, two legs, two ribs, two wings, and one keel (also known as a chicken breast). There are 10 bags in the lug, and 2 complete chickens in each bag (18 pieces each).They come de-feathered, with the livers still intact. KFC cooks have to process, by hand, each thigh, removing the liver, remove the excess fat layers (if any), cutting off the 1/2 tail, and "popping" the bone junction (to pierce the underside of the thigh) allowing the pressurized oil to cook the insides of the thighs.The meat is exactly the same type as you would buy in a grocery store. In fact, one of our chicken suppliers supplies both KFC and grocery stores. The only difference between the two is the size of the chickens.KFC uses pressurized chicken fryers, which have a limited amount of space designed to them. The chicken pieces, big as they are, can't be raised to be too big, otherwise they don't properly fit onto the grills. So KFC chicken is slightly smaller than grocery chickens, on purpose. Down in the U.S., the chicken grow time is longer, therefore their chickens are much larger. As a result, they package 16 pieces per bag.So, the concept of tubes being used to grow the chickens, and somehow fake chicken meat is completely bogus. I see no evidence of any such connectors, or puncture wounds.I've been to the chicken farms where these chickens are raised. The smell is atrocious. I've been to the chicken processing plants where they kill, package, and transport the fresh-cut product. Still smells bad, but not as bad as the farms. And yes, at every step, real chickens are used.--Jim

Dear friend of mine I am pure vegetarian but I have heard a lot about KFC that these guys serve chicken based dishes which are really tasty and delicious. By the what ever is the truth I don’t know about the same. If they are not using real chickens and if it is not hygienic too then it is not that good a behavior with their customers.

I work for KFC, in Canada, as an award winning cook.
The chickens are mostly raised locally, and fresh-killed with a 1-week best-before date. The chicken is sent to us packaged in 50 lb (22 Kg) plastic lugs. Occasionally, perhaps 1 week in 15, when local supply cannot meet local demand, we'll get frozen chicken, packaged from producers in other provinces.

Each chicken is 9 cut pieces. Two thighs, two legs, two ribs, two wings, and one keel (also known as a chicken breast). There are 10 bags in the lug, and 2 complete chickens in each bag (18 pieces each).

They come de-feathered, with the livers still intact. KFC cooks have to process, by hand, each thigh, removing the liver, remove the excess fat layers (if any), cutting off the 1/2 tail, and "popping" the bone junction (to pierce the underside of the thigh) allowing the pressurized oil to cook the insides of the thighs.

The meat is exactly the same type as you would buy in a grocery store. In fact, one of our chicken suppliers supplies both KFC and grocery stores. The only difference between the two is the size of the chickens.

KFC uses pressurized chicken fryers, which have a limited amount of space designed to them. The chicken pieces, big as they are, can't be raised to be too big, otherwise they don't properly fit onto the grills. So KFC chicken is slightly smaller than grocery chickens, on purpose. Down in the U.S., the chicken grow time is longer, therefore their chickens are much larger. As a result, they package 16 pieces per bag.

So, the concept of tubes being used to grow the chickens, and somehow fake chicken meat is completely bogus. I see no evidence of any such connectors, or puncture wounds.

I've been to the chicken farms where these chickens are raised. The smell is atrocious. I've been to the chicken processing plants where they kill, package, and transport the fresh-cut product. Still smells bad, but not as bad as the farms. And yes, at every step, real chickens are used.

--Jim

lol, oddly I think I would have been better off without reading all of that.

Can you comment on what seems to be the degradation of quality as of late? I'm from the US so it may be different but around a year ago the quality of our chicken from the two local KFC's has gone down, like bad.

In my country and in my city which is the capital we only have one KFC as I know and several MC Donalds and more Hesburgers, but those fast food restaurants can't beat cheep pizzas and kebabs in my country as there are pizzerias and a kebab, french fries stores on a lot of corners :DI was in KFC once and it's not as cheap as a cheap pizza, but it's quite tasty and interesting chicken food :D