xisto Community
buileminh

How Do You Say "i Love You" ? In your language.

I'm from latvian and we say it like "Es tevi mīlu" here.If you don't see special letters it's "Es tevi milu".Um, It's "Ik hou van" In dutch I think and "Ya ljublju tjeba" (Needs russian letters to write it correct) in russian.Oh, and of course - "Ich liebe dich" in german!

In Bulgarian it goes like : Obicham te.Nice idea by the way, some time ago I had found the same list with I love you on 100 languages and more....I've found later similar list of popular curses and stuff you don't want your kid to say to your mom next time she visits :P.In Macedonian I think it is : "Sakam te."....at least the some friens used that a few years back. But it is more like "I want you." I think.

Edited by everflame (see edit history)

The best way to get a positive response from a girl when u say I LOVE YOU is talk to her properly and take her for a boat ride.When u reach in the middle of the sea then tell her ACCEPT ME to act as a life partner or leave me right here by leaving the boat. Well as per knwing my many freinds i feel the one who says I LOVE YOU 1st is in trouble through out the life.As when a ny one gets angry and there is like some thing or the other do comes out like to leave my life etc.at that time the person who said i love u is in trouble coz he is told by the opposite partner that why the hell you rpoposed me. And thts whee the problem comes.So let the opposite person say these magical word and have agood time for the life.

in our native town in philippines english ------ bisaya (Native filipino language)I love you gihigugma ko ikaw ----------- Tagalog (national language)I love you -------- mahal kita

OK I don't know whther someone already posted but Serbian: (Volim te)Croatian: (Volim te)Slovenian: (Rad te imam), and if you are older couple but really older couple like you ar e50 years together then you can say: (Ljubim te)Macedonian: (Sakam te)

Nice :P Bulgarian here:Обичам те (obicham te)-I love you.Любов [liubov]-loveМомче [momche]-BoyMомиче [momiche]-GirlHah btw hulunes isn't it spelled wo ai ni in Chinese? And another thing-can I ask you if "cai ni ma da shou pi" really means what I think it does B) ?

We have got some different ways...

Norwegian

Eg elskar deg

Eg: I

elskar: love

deg: you

And....

Jeg elsker deg

Jeg: I

elsker: love

deg: you

And some more, but I don't bother too write them too you :)

Well In whatever language I love you is said ,the meaning is the same :)And well the meaning of "I love you" has something more then just the language you speak in.By the way I am Indian ,So I say in my native language, but most of you won't understandIn Hindi: Mein tumse pyaar karta hoon.Since most don't understand therefore I like to say I love you in English i.e I LOVE YOU :)

Like Bluebear's Norwegian, the Swedish are similar:For someone you love:Jag ?lskar digJag(Pronounce: Yag) = I?lskar(Pronounce: Elskar) = LoveDig(Pronounce: Day) = YouFor someone you like:Jag gillar digJag = IGillar = LikeDig = You