xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Come Up With New Member Rank Names your chance to contribute in forum mod

I'm sorry the previous topic was deleted accidentally when I went to control a spam post. Again, any spam reply will be deleted on the spot--no exceptions.

Currently we have ranking name only up to 200 posts. I would like to add the followings:

Member rank: To Be Announced

Member rank: TBA

I was trying for few names like: TRAP 1, TRAP 2, Trappateer, Trap Cadet, Trap General, Trap Admiral, TRAP4Life etc.

Suggest your own names according to how you see it fit. I would like everyone to participate in this thread.

i go for trap4life at 5k going to take awhile for people to get there which would mean oyu been here like 4-5 years or something like thatbut i say for 4k-trapfanatic3k-traptastiic2k-crazy4trap1k-IWUBTRAP ^_^^_^^_^ thats should be some words for thought

Pardon me if some of these titles are paritally based on another forum I visit from time to time. As much as I like the current titles here - and the customized title at 500 posts - at Trap 17, it certainly doesn't hurt to add some more. Here are some of my suggestions.For the lower levels/newer members:Just popping in to the TrapTesting out the TrapIn and out of the Trap oftenFor those who've been here for a while:Always in the TrapAddicted to the TrapI'm sure there are lots of other ideas out there.

Just a few ideas:500 = Settled In1000 = Trap Addict2000 = Trap Obsessed3000 = Selling My House4000= Moving My Stuff To The Trap5000= Living At The Trap!The others are all good, and I'm sure loads of people have got ideas!

Member rank: Ultimate Member

Member rank: ====

Member rank: ====

Member rank: Addicted Member

Member rank: Devoted Member

Member rank: Inseperable From Xisto

^^ Well there are my ideas. The multiple equal signs represents where I can't think of a name for that field :P ^^

edit fixed spelling & grammar

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

Post count: 500Member rank: Fell in the TrapPost count: 1000Member rank: Caught in the TrapPost count: 2000Member rank: Devoid of the TrapPost count: 3000Member rank: Starving in the TrapPost count: 4000Member rank: Trap HermitPost count: 5000Member rank: Ultimate Trap memberI like Trap Hermit.. and I tried doing that caught/fell/devoid/starving in the trap thing, but I couldn't really finish it.

Yes, it will be nice to always achieve something when post count is well over those magic numbers. Right now I do not have any propery idea how should the nature of ranking and naming be. For example, I have over 300 posts and have hosted my site(s) here for the past one year (almost), meaning I'm well settled here. I think it will be good to have interesting names for all those who crosses specific posts. It makes us feel good even though there is really not a big thing. This is good for community making in the process. Good thread BuffaloHELP!!

i also made a post like this but then like 1 year ago...and no1 posted any names...and now buf makes a post and whoppie...ah well...

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
HEY! Do not spam! :P My original post was referring to wassie's thread but I did not revive that topic since it was an old post. I'm sorry wassie that I forgot to include where credit is due when I made this second post.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I like the rvalkass and rejected ideas. extending the trap theme:low end of things: noticed the trap, poked the trap with a stick, sprung the trapmid-range: (I like caught in the trap), content in the trap, loving the trapupper-range: setting the trap, trap artist, zen trapper, rangerpeace!

Woo,so many good idea to name the rank above.i do want to offer some nice name,even so, the best name will be behind the times for ages. how could we keep fresh for that? :P umm,i think collection is an idea,for instance,posts below 500,rank name can be called [T];

over that,

1000-[TA]

2000-[TAR]

3000- [TARP]

4000- [TRA1]

5000-[TATP17]

...that's all,over 5000 post which means you collect our forum name completely,should be a real Xisto family member .i am sorry that those names are not looks very well,just a thought :P

yeah i would also say something like:calling goldfish Xisto.calling mother Xisto.dreaming of Xisto.write Xisto on walls.poo the Xisto letters.smash your goldfish to the ground because the mysql-databases are down.ect.

Woo,so many good idea to name the rank above.i do want to offer some nice name,even so, the best name will be behind the times for ages. how could we keep fresh for that? rolleyes.gif umm,i think collection is an idea,for instance,posts below 500,rank name can be called [T];
over that,
1000-[TA]
2000-[TAR]
3000- [TARP]
4000- [TRA1]
5000-[TATP17]

Perhaps one could extend on this idea... by making the names acronymish.... you could have each letter standing for something... for instance:

500 - T - Teriffic Member
1000 - TR - Thoroughly Rooted Member
2000 - TRA - The Rage Ahead
3000 - TRAP - Trapped: Relentlessly Addicted Phenomenon

Ok, I admit they're bad expansions, but that's all I could get off the top of my head. I'll try to come up with propoer acronyms and non-acronymic names soon, and I promise they'll be better than this - or at least not as pathetic as this :P

Taking everyone's contribution I have placed the following additional ranks to Xisto title.500 - Privileged Member1000 - Trap Grand Marshal Member2000 - Trap Double Mocha Member3000 - Trap Triple Espresso Member4000 - EnTRAPment5000 - Hail Caesar!I decided to start at 500 since this is when a member can customize the member title.Any dispute can be added and I appreciate everyone's input.

Hail Caeser ahahaha thats awesome for 5k, I should be their in about 2000 posts :).but the coffee ones no buff no maybe triple trap mocca.but alas maybe i should change my member title as well. will ponder this.

Post count: 5000+Member rank: Trap17_Gurus_Group----------Post count: 2000Member rank: Trap17_Presidents_GroupPost count: 1000Member rank: Trap17_Commanders_GroupPost count: 500Member rank: Trap17_Captains_GroupPost count: 250Member rank: Trap17_Soldiers_Group