xisto Community
Antihack

Web Browsers Safest Internet Web Browsers

woa! the page looks very nice...i have seen a lot about it but never checked how it looked like or how it was made... i am downloading it now just to check it out and see if i change from Firefox to this new browser...in the meantime thanx for sharing the info guys!

Has anyone here tried Avant browser, it is just like internet explorer with tabbed windows.
These are the feature taken from avantbrowser.com

Flash Animation Filter: More than 85% of all flash animations on web pages are advertising. These flash files are pretty large, and normally take up to 90% of the size of the page you're visiting. With Avant Browser you can save the bandwidth by blocking the download of these flash files with just one easy click. Avant Browser also provides options to block downloads of pictures, videos, sounds and ActiveX components. With these options users can control their bandwidth and speed up page loading. Built-in AD/Pop-up Blocker: Easily eliminate unwanted AD banners and pop-up pages automatically with just one click.
Built-in RSS/ATOM Reader: Avant Browser has a built-in RSS/ATOM Reader, which allows you to read RSS/ATOM feeds just like browsing web pages. And you can also keep your favorite feeds as bookmarks.
Additional Mouse Functions: If you click a link in the web page with the middle mouse button, the link will be opened in a new window in the background. This feature is extremely useful for opening posts in forums. Avant Browser also comes with customizable Mouse Gestures, with which you can easily navigate the browser by moving the mouse.
Multi-Window Browsing: Browse multiple web pages simultaneously. All opened pages can be easily stopped, refreshed, closed or arranged with one click.
Real Full Screen Mode and Alternative Full Desktop mode: When you enable Full Screen Mode, all you see is the webspace, with no toolbars or other clutter. They are simply autohidden! Move your mouse over the top or bottom and find the toolbar and tab bar respectively. Avant Browser also provides Full Desktop Mode, which is the same as Full screen mode, but differs in that your windows task bar stays visible.
Built-in Search Engine: Avant Browser provides a built-in search engines, Yahoo and Google. Built-in search engines enable user to search for web pages, images, groups, directories, news, lyrics and software in Internet. International users will be glad to know that you can set avant to utilize any of up to 64 google mirrors by default!
Full IE Compatibility: Avant Browser comes with all Internet Explorer functions, including Cookies, ActiveX Controls, Java Script, Real player and Macromedia Flash. IE bookmarks are automatically imported into Avant Browser.
Control Your Privacy: With Avant Browser, you can easily keep your privacy by deleting all browsing traces such as: Typed Addresses, Auto-Complete Passwords, Cookies, History of Visited Web Sites, Temporary Internet Files and Search Keywords.
No security holes: Avant Browser doesn't contain any functions or codes to help other people or programs to access your computer.
Safe Recovery: If Avant Browser is closed improperly, all open web pages are saved and will be automatically reopened at next startup.
Skins: Express your creativity by making a skin for Avant using a custom, easy to use program called Avant Browser Skin Maker, or use any of the many and varied skins made by other users.

Edited by Csshih (see edit history)

What I really hate about IE is that it cannot display even the simplest things corrctly. Tables, for example, seem to have the "cellspacing" set to 20, even when specified 0. This means that layouts look much better in FF than IE. It is definitely slower than both FF and Opera, and IT IS NOT OPEN SOURCE! It does not run on Linux, they are not doing much for Mac, and so it will soon be stagnating. In the advertisements for IE 7 they are basically saying that they have come up with tons of new browsing tools and add-ons. They have listed Flash Player under their add-ons!!

Quoting the Microsoft page:

"The new look maximizes the area of the screen that

displays the webpage while reducing intrusive toolbars."

Then you go to MSN.com and get told that the MSN toolbar is better than ever...

The interface is awful, with shiny bars everywhere, they have adopted the tabbing system that FF, Opera and Netscape have had for years, even the favicon on the tab - and all under Microsoft's name. Just cause Firefox, Netscape and Opera are free doesnt mean they suck. It is time to get rid of the old-timer's notion that you get what you pay for - this no longer applies on the Web. Volounteers that work part time can produce better things than full-time emplyees sitting in their crummy little offices in Seatle.

Mirosoft is no longer the ideal "american dream" company, if indeed it ever was. Microsoft is corrupt capitalism, having no honour, and the only way they can fix bugs now is add thousands of lines of bulky code to their huge files. Lucky for them that CPUs keep getting better!

Don't MS freaks realise that a millions of people over the world with different inputs, ideas, visions and backgrounds can work much better that people stagnating in offices all day? Have americans grown so biased towards foreign products that they will only accept things made by "true american" companies? Say godbye to the millions of imported TVs, all the PS3s you were waiting for!

I will not go into the other greviences of MS, as they do not fall under this topic, yet I will take the space to say that MS has been ruining markets for as long as it has existed. From copying the Apple in the beginning, they have moved into any market that looked profitable, crashed it, and drawn out again. The XBox is one of the more recent examples - why couldnt they just leave Nintendo and Sony to it?

Though Internet Explorer was among the first browsers, it was left behind by Mozilla, which then became Mozilla Firefox. I have no knowledge of who copied who during the early stages of advanced browsing, and I do not need to know. All I need to know is that IE was left behind severely - to a point that it appears that they have literally copied the source from Firefox and mutilated the GUI to make it seem more like a real Microsoft product. Perhaps they also made a couple loops so that they could install keyloggers on our machines aswell? How would I know? Nobody outside Microsoft has ever seen the source - not even civil authorities have been allowed to verify IE for malicious script!

Please people, there is a reason to stay away from Microsoft, though you may not realise it now.

But at the end of the day, we like what we are used to, so there is really no point in trying to convince anyone...

I currently use Firefox because I like tabs and it's safe and secure. I also like Opera though, it has many of the same features Firefox has. IE 7 looks pretty cool, the beta is out. It's going to have tabs and stuff like that, I cant wait to see it

ehhh, ill go on any site, tell me to go on a site with viruses, Norton antivirus and very magical. Also, i have a crappy computer so i dont really care. Or i can also go on the school computers, geeze, i dont give a hell what happens to there computer! Come on, bring it on!

Ok there is a big topic going around about web browsers. The facts are web browsers are made to browse the web and bring back anything you tell it to no matter whats inside. This is why so many people get viruses. The important thing to do is learn how to use your browsers internet settings. If you learn the settings for your browser they apply to all. However there are safer web browsers the best are (Firefox) which is also faster than Internet Explorer. Then there is (Opera), this is the fastest and safest browser on the web. However some sites and things you do on the web are not compatible with Opera so you would then use Internet Explorer to go to those places. In the mean time you surf everywhere else with Opera. Why is it safer, because the company strives to make it safe by blocking the things that aim to harm your pc before it happens. Also If someone goes to attack your browser they will not be doing it correctly because Opera broadcasts that it is Internet Explorer so everyone on the web thinks you are using Internet Explorer instead of opera. There are certain sites that tell you what browser you are using in order to sell you something. Now they wont even now what you have. Of course if you dont know what your attacking you will never attack it correctly. Thus Opera comes out on top agian.

:) what you say is true Opera is safe and fast too but the problem is because of its over policing it doesn't allow some site and there i use IE 6 for viewing and watch out for opera 9 beta its coll with those intresting widgets

:) Have a nice day!

firefox

Web Browsers

I personally like firefox the best. Way bettr then IE. But I have never tried opera. Ill give it a shot now =D

IE is the most used one. Firefox is the most unsersored one. For Opera, Idk.I say ff is the unsecored one because it's the most eassly hacked one

IE is mostly used becasue it is packaged with Windows :D If it wasn't for Windows, IE would be a begger ^_^, Oprea is said to be secure and fast but I'm not that sure since everything loaded on the same speed for me :P Only thing I liked about Oprea was the speed-dial, that was awesome :D Firefox is still my first choice though because I got used to it :P

Love do not have a proper definition (I can hear voices... we know this already. ^_^). Never Mind. I have to tell that again.You will never know why you are in love with something/ somebody, but you still love them. And the best thing in love is that you always see the positive side of it and defend your love against yourself that tells whats happening is wrong/ mistake. Your evil side will always refuse to agree to what is right and that definitely tells you are in Love.A typical example.How many times this Firefox crashes? - 100s of times a month which is very high by any means... and deserves "The Software that crashes the most", but still i refuse to stop using/ loving it. I am in Love with Firefox. I will not say firefox is the best software ever, but like in Love, i compromise with the goodness of Firefox.So... Here is the verdict. Firefox rocks. :PAnd when it comes to mobile devices... Opera has the market.. no denying in that sector.And also there are lots of users who are dependent on IE. And there is no denying that IE7 is catching up and its cool.