xisto Community
Antihack

Web Browsers Safest Internet Web Browsers

And the reason that IE is less secure is simply that there are more people using it, therefore if you make something bad, it's best to make it for IE since more people will get it.

That's only part of the reason. Because the majority of the world's PC users use Windows OS, it's almost guaranteed that people will use the software that it comes pre-installed with it cos it's free. Without any sort of commercial imperative to make a better product, MS programmers haven't needed to apply the same stringency to their products as other software developers.

My $.02,No one browser is more or less secure than any other. The difference comes down to user base, notice as FF has risen in usage it is being targeted a little more. If thier was an advantage to Opera and FF over IE it's a lack of activeX, which in the wrong hands can really cause problems.Personally I Prefer FF to opera, user interface preference, however I suggest netscape 8 for most of my less tech savvy friends. Netscape 8 is a nice blend of IE and FF.The main reason I don't use IE is not security, it is the lack of web related compliance.Cheers all.

i think that firefox is miles better than all other web browsers because it has an amazing builkt in security feture

193180[/snapback]

I hate Firefoz fanboys. Stick with IE, can't go wrong. FF *BLEEP*s up loadsa programs.

I m using FireFox on Windows and Linux, and i think its quite safe but there is allways that but.He started to be very popular and popular things are more exploited than that not popuarl, those who noone knows that they exist. So for me some browser that has the smalest percent of using is safest. It dont mean that FireFox or Opera are better and have less flaws then IE. Think for a second, if you know programming very good, and you are some black hat hacker, whose code would you look for bugs, IE, FF or some new browser that noone even tried...So to submit, for security of web browser ( and thats not the main caracteristic of browser ) you need something that not so many people know.

i think that firefox is miles better than all other web browsers because it has an amazing builkt in security feture

193180[/snapback]

Probably you haven't tried Opera, which is better than the current Firefox 1.5.

Yes I have to agree very much to every one who says Opera is more secure and fastest web-browser on earth. Fastest, in terms of loading of webpages, single or multiple pages at any one time. This is certainly the best basic standard for web-browsing. On top of that, Opera includes an integrated email client, rss reader and IRC client to connect to your favourite IRC chatrooms all in a single program, hence taking much much lesser system resources.

Definately you can't say Firefox has these features. Well, people can just develop add-ons to Firefox though, but it might not be very stable and may contain bugs that may not be fixed.

For those who uses Firefox, but not Opera, give it a try and you will know why. There's always something better in this world.

Needless to say IE users.. Stop using IE and get on to Opera, unless you want to be nuked!

My $.02,

No one browser is more or less secure than any other. The difference comes down to user base, notice as FF has risen in usage it is being targeted a little more. If thier was an advantage to Opera and FF over IE it's a lack of activeX, which in the wrong hands can really cause problems.

Personally I Prefer FF to opera, user interface preference, however I suggest netscape 8  for most of my less tech savvy friends. Netscape 8 is a nice blend of IE and FF.

The main reason I don't use IE is not security, it is the lack of web related compliance.

Cheers all.

197035[/snapback]

I agree, you can not believe the collective stupidiy of idiots. That is one of my borther's sayings.

backweb light installed on my computer at work when i installed a demo for some program and it uses all browsers on my computer to spawn popups. I don't think that there's such a thing as a secure browser anymore. very very irritating that.round

Well, if firefox really " *BLEEP*s up loadsa programs", then it's because the web developer who made the site has done an error, so it will ONLY show up correctly in IE.I once saw a website that said something like "We don't care about other browsers than IE, and you will be banned if you continue complaining about bad layout in other browsers"... That's kind of stupid webmasters, and I can't even believe that their sites are really successful. According to w3schools's statistics, only 67% uses IE today.

Well the only browser I currently like and currently the only one I tested too is Internet Explore. I dont think I need to change browser, beacuse I dont think there are any good reasons for doing that. ;)So I will keep my Internet Explorer browser until I find a good reason for changing browser.What I think of other browsers?FireFox = Well its keep going to be bigger but Internet Explore is the bigest and I dont think that FireFox will ever beat it.Opera = I dont know realy much about it, but as far as I know is that the browser does not support most of the stuff on the Internet.Netscape = Well it is atleast bigger than opera, probably something better too. But Its not very popular.. :PSo I keep Internet Explorer ;) .

I know that IE is not safe, but I still have to use.

In fact, although there are many different browsers can be used and they all are safer than IE, IE cannot be easily replaced. It is because many of the web developers don't want to waste the time to tune their web for different browsers. They may try to follow the standard of the web such as XHTML, CSS1,2, but many of the sites still cannot be viewed properly in the browsers other than IE.

So, no choice...

Anyway, I believe that IE is not safe mainly due to activeX access.

Well the only browser I currently like and currently the only one I tested too is Internet Explore. I dont think I need to change browser, beacuse I dont think there are any good reasons for doing that. ;)

So I will keep my Internet Explorer browser until I find a good reason for changing browser.

What I think of other browsers?

FireFox = Well its keep going to be bigger but Internet Explore is the bigest and I dont think that FireFox will ever beat it.

Opera = I dont know realy much about it, but as far as I know is that the browser does not support most of the stuff on the Internet.

Netscape = Well it is atleast bigger than opera, probably something better too. But Its not very popular.. :D

So I keep Internet Explorer ;) .

213396[/snapback]

IE, Firefox, Opera, links2 (textbased) and many many moreI have tried and used. IE did go in the box real fast because of the lack on security updates and feature updates like tabbrowsing (opera and mozila allready have that years).Opera was and is a good browser but commes with so many extra stuff that I need years to exporer all the browsers options so I stick to Firefox atm.One bad thing on Opera is that you can set it as IE so websites dont see it as Opera but as IE. Why is that bad you may ask?Well because of this feature the ratings of IE stay higher then they really are. Which gives people the impression that IE still is the biggest of all with distance.I dont say IE is big on the net I say its not so big most people think.

Netscape = Well it is atleast bigger than opera, probably something better too. But Its not very popular.. ;)

Stats indicate that Opera is used by more people than Netscape (and as pointed out, that's only the ones actually identifying as Opera and not another browser).

The main web browsers are currently Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1, Opera, and Netscape. Personally, my favourite web browser is Firefox, however some sites do not display correctly in Firefox. I use another browser called Avant, which lets me view some site in Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1. Opera is currently gaining popularity because it is now free and does not have any more advertisements. The new Netscape isn't exactly the greatest Netscape ever...what happened to Netscape Composer? or Email?