xisto Community
Antihack

Web Browsers Safest Internet Web Browsers

So far, i know that most people perfer firefox over opera. There is an up side to opera, which is that it has been optimized for windows and that it is really fast, and a down side, which is that its a memory hog. to use opera y]ou need more than 256MB memory. At least 50MB more or your pc will slow down. i tried firefox and i found out that it is big on security. there was also a speed browser test. i am currently using mozilla 1.7 and am planning to switch to firefox as soon as i get memory.

Yes opera is free and is soon going to be open source also,I use two browsers opera and firefox, opera for downloads is good since it has a download manager, firefox can be customised, both are good, but when opera will be open source we will have the right to write extensions and themes, that would be great.Ok Bye

"would'nt is be nice if we had just one standard webbrowser, O how the world would be such a better Place." anywayz I guess we will have to stick with what we currently have, & try to cope with having to test & modify sites to work in each of these browsers, which i think is really time consuming for a website designer.I am currenlty using IE 7.0 beta 1, its seems that most secure and fastest of all other browsers, im my opinion, the only downside being that the GUI sucks. & I E 7.0 beta 2 currently has more bugs than the BETA 1, which seems as if microsoft is Going backward insted of fordward

there is no end to the fight of the web browsers,i've got all the three main browsers installed on my computer but ie is the most widely used by me, then comes opera and then firefoxfor the simple reason that all sites are compatible with ie, opera can handle scripts properly and works very good but firefox fails to open some pages on my compi hope that the new version of ie and firefox dont disappoint me!

this is the fastest and safest browser on the web.

orly <> Oh really?

I've used Opera for a while and it was safe enough to say my experience with it was more than just bad. Firefox has the same features as Opera has, plus a lot bigger community meaning a lot more modifications to it, meaning the users can custimize it for their own better. Opera is far too heavy anyway.

internet explorer = exploit hacker virus spam and ...opera is too fast and safest than explorer but fire fox in open source and safest than other explorer ,i think firefox is better

My Browser of choice is firefox. Not because it's supposedly safer, or because there are loads of extensions to improve the functionality of it. The ONE reason I'm using firefox is because of Tabbed Browsing. If Internet Explorer had tabbed browsing, (which I know it will in the next version) I would be using it right now. I don't understand why some people seem to get so passionate over Firefox! I often hear that firefox is a lot safer than Internet Explorer because it doesn't support ActiveX and because there are less vulnerabilities in it. Before I came across Firefox, I used Internet Explorer and never had any viruses. My computer was never hacked. My PC was never exploited because of ActiveX. I had the sense to click Cancel whenever an ActiveX installation dialog box appeared. And yes, Firefox may have less holes in it, but I've never been a victim of the holes in Internet Explorer which Microsoft have subsequently fixed. A hacker has never "got" me through any of the holes in IE. But hackers have got many others. There are still many people running their computers without any firewalls or windows updates and when you're one of those people and you're using IE, you'll probably run into a lot more trouble than if you were running Firefox. The other browser, Opera has a lot of trouble rendering sites correctly, so I gave up on it quite quickly. I'm not sure if this is browser which claims to the "fastest on earth," but if it is, I think that's a rather pointless claim to make. Most users wont notice a difference in rendering speed between IE, Mozilla's renderer and Opera's. It also gives out the impression that by using Opera your browsing speed will be sooo much faster, when it wont be.

The other browser, Opera has a lot of trouble rendering sites correctly, so I gave up on it quite quickly.

That'll be 'poorly designed' sites that more than likely were only checked in IE. If Opera has trouble displaying a site then it's just as likely that Firefox, Netscape, Mozilla, Safari, Konqueror, Camino etc will have the same trouble.

I've never used Opera, although after reading all these posts it seems that it is a very good browser. I'm a Firefox lover at the moment. IE is awful and when I use it I always feel that I'm at risk, although I use a great firewall. The way that Opera broadcasts itself as IE sounds like a great idea, well done to them! Thanks for all the info :blink:

I myself use Internet Explorer more then any of the other browsers. Mainly because its the only browser I have on my home computer. I've used FireFox before and dont think its bad but dont think its the greatest. It has a good security system and such but I still prefer Internet Explorer.My school also has Safari on the computers which I hate. I do not like Safari at all.