xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Avalon

Earning Hosting Credits Is Easy! Dont be fooled by the naysayers.

But I have a question. The note on the forum's homepage says size counts. You can't possibly get 2 credits from a 4 liner. Can you?

191076[/snapback]

No, I don't think you could. Would you honestly consider a 4 line post as a post that has quality content? You might post something very profound in those 4 lines, but by itself it probably wouldn't mean a lot, usually it needs to be further explained with more text. By this I mean expand on your idea so others can better understand what it is you are trying to say.

2 credits = 4 liner = negative.

This is a system where size and quality of posts matter. The system also varies for different members. Say if a new member and premium member made the same post...the new member would gain more credits than the premium member. So, in sort of answering the question, newer members get credits faster than those who have been here and have posted for a while now.

Size counts, but quality is of importance. We don't want spam topics or replies, we want a clean forum with elaborated thoughts and ideas. In doing this, earning credits will never be an issue, one good post per day should keep you covered for around two.

For those who don't speak or use English as there primary language, all that can be said is to do your best..everyone makes mistakes, and we can accept that here. However, correct grammar is also valuable, so if necessary, you must take time to make your posts properly, honestly, what's a couple extra minutes or seconds out of your life?

Well, I know that people can understand that some of us don?t speak english in our day-life and that they can easily pardon us for any gramatical or spelling mistakes that we can make. But if you try to make a post in spanish you?ll find the difficulty soon. Because I have no problem to tell in english that "I like this" or "I don?t like that". But when I get involved in more deep conversations, I find more problems. For example, ?how to talk in english about technical issues that you don?t even know the proper names in your own language? Besides, when you try to be so correct with the language you don?t know when you are being too reiterative or presuntuous, using words that aren?t too common and make you look stupid, etc.And I have to say that I?m studying now 4th grade in the Official Language School so I have a decent level. I would appreciate anyway a pair of subforums where people could talk in other languages (maybe spanish and french, or whatever).

i have to agree with you guy that making a long good post isn't hard. The problem is the topics. As you have noticed, most topics are so hard for people to state their opinons. Maybe it will be easier if there is a debate forum where people could debate over things.

Maybe it will be easier if there is a debate forum where people could debate over things.

193697[/snapback]

We have dedicated debates section.

The Real Life > Life Talk > Debates

And your posts are counted there, so are credits. :)

This post seems like a post just to get credits is everyone elce is doing it i guess i will too. It seem easy enough to get credits and i would like to know the ratio to words and credits that you guys use when you look at these things for credits. Also do quotes count toward credits i really want to know so i can do my duty as a poster and get my free site at the same time.

This post seems like a post just to get credits is everyone elce is doing it i guess i will too.

193847[/snapback]

Well actually no, posting replies to this post will NOT earn you credits as this a "No Post Count" topic as mentioned in my original post. People are not posting here just to earn credits, they are posting because they have something to say. To post here for any other reason is fruitless. :)

A moderator will have to answer your questions, I don't know the answers.

I cannot honestly believe that people find it hard to keep up Hosting Credits. All you ever need to do is talk about stuff you think will help others. An acceptable post could be as simple as "I find so-and-so to be very helpful for so-and-so", or even "I want to know, what do you think of so-and-so?".Honestly, the only people who find gaining Hosting Credits hard are the people who can't be bothered to do it! And in the end those people deserve to lose hosting.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

Honestly, the only people who find gaining Hosting Credits hard are the people who can't be bothered to do it!

Not necessarily. People might have time at the time they start, but situations and circumstances change and they might find it increasingly hard to post for one reason or another. Laziness shouldn't always be the first assumption.

No, there should be no excuses with the credit system.When you join you should become fully aware of what is expected of you. If you can't meet the expectations, then don't expect to receive services. It's quite simple. If you can't post in the forums then don't bother asking for a free website. I don't care what circumstances a member might be facing, if you can't meet the requirements, then pity you, but don't complain about it...live with it...

I recently got PMs saying that people don't understand the whole idea of the hosting credits system. But what's not to understand? You post a little, you help people out, you get a credit or two. And each credit is an extra day of hosting. Simple.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

On my second post on this forum, I think I got about 7 points for a post. I was like "wow" and gaining points here could never be easier (if you type in full complete sentencs, use punctuation for words, and don't use slang, it gets a whole bunch easier :) ). This is a pretty nice system you have going here, it keeps the member's who want hosting to keep coming back and posting more to keep this forum nice and active. :)