xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Avalon

Earning Hosting Credits Is Easy! Dont be fooled by the naysayers.

i was first put off by the fact you have to post on the forums to gain hosting for your site - but after reading this post and speaking to a few of my friends its not all that bad ...whats more, the community seems pretty genuine. sure, a few posts are blatently made to try and get credits but it seems as if people arent just posting for the sake of posting.

Yeah but it's always the newbies that probaly just post a load of rubbish to get more credits, I did that once, because it was at -23.xx credits :S thats how I got warned but anyways, I dont do that anymore :) and also it is quite easy to get credits, all you got to do is stay active and contribute to the community with descent posts rather than crap :)

I have seen many posts by people saying it is too hard to make enough posts to earn the credits necessary to keep your site running. Not so!
I have just earned over 2 credits for just 1 post. With these 2 credits it means now that I am hosted I don't have to post for 2 days if I don't want to. Now you're probably thinking that I wrote a huge post that took ages to write, wrong! The post was only 222 words, (this includes words like "I", "the", "is", "of" and the like), only 18 lines and 5 small paragraphs. The post was in fact smaller in size than this one. I would probably earn another 2 hosting credits for this post too, except that posting in this particular forum does not earn credits.

As suggested on the main forum page, it is best to keep your hosting credits above 10 in case for some reason you can't post for a few days. If you know you won't be able to post for a lengthy time, say you're going on vacation, build you credits up to cover you while you're away. That way your account won't be suspended while you're not able to post. Honestly, for level of services offered for free here, it's really not very hard to make at least 1 decent post every 2 days to keep it going.

Once you become involved in the community, you'll be earning so many hosting credits that you'll wonder what all the fuss is about.

indeed it is very easy to earn credits on here it just a matter of makeing your post very long and detailed yet keep to the point of things

i suppose that after four pages of discussion, and months after the topic is opened -- the author's point has been amply made known to Xisto members and guests. and as this thread has already made its point clear, i am hereby closing this topic. this is also to keep away "spamming guests" which thrived this thread the past few weeks.for our GENUINE guests seeking hosting privileges with Xisto, i am pinning this topic for your benefit. :)