xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  

What Is The Best Processor For Gaming? Is it Intel or AMD?

Lets not talk about Intel vs AMD now and this advice is for everyone.If you have the money in the bank, go for Intel Core 2 at least, else go for AMD X2 or X4.Intel is more like top performance with a price and AMD is more like jack of all trade in a budget. There is no one sided performance when it come to gaming in general but if you are those tech geek who do overclock and stuff while taking high end games for run, then Intel is the way to go since you can do solid overclocking with AIR cooling.

amd phenom quad core with a spider platform mobo, k9a2platinum is what i have, cross fire video set up, with the mobo having 4 pipelines the 4 core performs better than intel 4 core since their mobo has 3 pipe lines on their high end equipment, or so i read when i made my decision to buy a msi mobo

completely right! In different areas, AMD can be better than Intel, and vice versa.

Though Intels are still better than AMD overall. Like 'onscreen' said, Intels are the way to go if you don't care about the cost, they're also better for overclocking. I just bought AMD phenom 2.5x4 black edition, which is made for overclocking, but I really don't want to overclock anything, I'm quite happy with the way it is. I also support AMDs over intels because they constantly try to adjust prices to give reasonable price/performance ratio over intels. For the most part, Intels cost more because they spend a lot of money on advertising, like those commercials with goofy blue geeks. AMD seem to be running a cleaner game, so I totally support them even if a lot of people criticize them.

Dear friend I have never used AMD as previously it was having problems when compared to intel. But now some of my friends have computers with AMD processor and is working quite satisfactorily without any problem. But still my preference is Intel. As it is tested proven for so long.?Happy new year in advance.?2009

intel vs amdWhat Is The Best Processor For Gaming?

hi guys I'm in a prob my mom is getting me a an upgrade but ive tried to get her to get me the Intel? Core? i7 processor  2.93 ghz but its pretty expensive cuz you gotta get the motherboard and the processor and my dad jst gt a amd quad core XXX and he says its great so I don't know which to get so if you can help Please I need it I'm a gamer  and can anyone recommend the best budget pc

thnx

intel vs amd boi

Both AMD and Intel are good companies to buy processors from. But in this era of multiprocessing, one thing is that, the games respond more to clock speeds than number of processors. There are very few games as of now, which can utilize multiprocessing power. Its like a single core 3 GHz processor would run games more easily than a quad core 2.2 GHz processor.

I'm trying to find out which processor is better for gaming.

I have two of them (AMD athlon 64 3200 2.0 Or AMD Athlon 64 1620 2.4??)

I know the first one has more memory and the second is faster. Any help would be great.

Anyone know which would be better for gaming.

intel vs amd

What Is The Best Processor For Gaming?

hi guys I'm in a prob my mom is getting me a an upgrade but ive tried to get her to get me the IntelŽ Core i7 processor 2.93 ghz but its pretty expensive cuz you gotta get the motherboard and the processor and my dad jst gt a amd quad core XXX and he says its great so I don't know which to get so if you can help Please I need it I'm a gamer and can anyone recommend the best budget pc

thnx

intel vs amd boi

There are so many factors to consider when you are buying a PC and its related components.

-How Much money you have to spend

-What you want to do with the PC (Gaming, Video Processing, Image Manipulation, Media Center etc)

-Energy Consumption (For those Greenies)

in terms of raw power and 'money no object' buying, then yes the i7 is the ultimate choice, as of this moment. It can do so much more than any other processor available, if you push it to do so, but really, most consumers will not ever do it, so there is no point in getting such a processor, unless you are a framerate junkie, or professional video editor. If you are a gamer, which i assume you are, which games are you playing, how big is your monitor...etc.

I ask these questions, as if you do not have a big resolution to your monitor, to a point you do not need and as powerful video card (being the most important component in a gamin PC In my opinon, bar RAM) and if you only want to play WoW then an old P4 with 1gb DDR2 ram and a 9500gt for example would be suffice, but if you had a 30 inch monitor, at 13212434x132454 resolution and wanted to run the game at MAX visual settings and get the smoothest frame rate, then i may suggest robbing a bank and getting the best of everything. Really, you need to figure out what is important to you, and MOST importantly how much you have to spend and work around that.

if you need help and advice on a more custom level, PM me or meet me on msn....

I'm trying to find out which processor is better for gaming.

I have two of them (AMD athlon 64 3200 2.0 Or AMD Athlon 64 1620 2.4??)

I know the first one has more memory and the second is faster. Any help would be great.

Anyone know which would be better for gaming.

again, processor isnt as important, but it still does provide a good suport structure to PC's.....

they both have 1mb of L2 cache (although 939 socket version of 3200 has only 512kb of L2)

one has a higher clockspeed (1620's 2.4ghz vs the 3200's 2.0) but clockspeed isnt the be all end all of computing, unless you are after bragging rights.

they have different sockets ...so different Mobo's are required.

i cant say with too much authority, when i dont know the model of 3200 you have (there are 10+ models) but my choice would be the 1620....

like i say, PM me if you want some more customised help...or help with desiging a system.

Josh

All I can tell you I have a AMD 64 3200 and it runs on a foxcon mobo 1 gig of mem. I like battlefield 2 and COD 4. It is not overclocked at all was using a NV 6600gt and had to play them on med to low settings,but I just bought a 9600GT running at 1152x864 all on high res.

Not a bump flicker smooth...So I can say that the 3200 is very stable work horse.Hope it helps.

Everyones looking at the wrong thing.One thing is if you buy a Quad core processor, no matter what brand, Intel or AMD. It won't split the processing evenly leading to processor lag in high-end next-gen games. Get a Dual-Core then you can't go wrong, the processing power is split evenly with no glitches.My view is if you dont want to use Crysis Sandbox, dont bother with Quad-core, get a Dual-Core for every other game. Also, in about 3 years Quad-cores will work more efficiently so then you can buy it.And. I read about the new Phenom II Tri-Core. I have no Idea how they run, so look out for that one. May be better than Quad and Dual?

look at the datesWhat Is The Best Processor For Gaming?

dude look at the dates this forum is from like 2004 they didn't have quad cores then they were just starting to come out with the Pentium 4's with hyper threading. And anyway I say amd definitely wins because there CPU's are much cheaper and generally generate a lto less heat when overclocking. Like for example my phenom BE I have overclocked to 4.2GHz on liquid cooling my friend has a Intel core 2 quad 9650 I helped him put a liquid cooling system identical to mine on his a few months ago because his was reading degrees Celsius on air cooling at 3.0GHz stock clock. Mine on air was only reading 37 degrees Celsius at 3.6Ghz overclocked. And I only paid $250 for mine vs he paid like $600 for his.

Best Gaming CPUWhat Is The Best Processor For Gaming?

IMO The best chip right now is the e8500 from intel! There is an e8600 but its over a 100$ more for very little performance. These chip are capable of 4+ ghz. 24/7. These chips also have 12 mb l2 cache.

There isnt a quad on the market that can hang with this chip in gaming without spending 1000$ or more. Maybe not even then!

the best is AMD i think so but AMD is also good but the only defect is that Amd cosumes much energy than Intel but works much faster than intel so i will go with AMD but as a Eco buddy we should choose Intel to save our earth LOL.

the new i7 intel procesors are rocking through the world. Intel has made the first processors released using the Intel Nehalem microarchitecture. They are quad core procesors in fact . It lies in a new LGA 1366 socket compactable with x58 chipsets . Intel 920 is the weakest procesor of the i7 family . but its cheaper than the others i7`s and its similar to others in its family. But the trick is that the Mobos are expencive for that procesors. And from personal usage i spot that i7 920 operates on high temps and u need to replace the stock cooler with an aftermarket one.

@ post 50Actually i picked up pentium 4 1.7 with multithreading in 2002, it wasnt the first P4 with multithreading, but anyways.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)