xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  

What Is The Best Processor For Gaming? Is it Intel or AMD?

I have compared AMD's and INTEL's since I was a child...And I always saw the best performance in gaming on Athlon...

intel could be faster than AMD( more MHZ)..But the AMD's structure is more adapted for gaming and aplications with high demanding memory and graphics speed.

if you want to play hard, buy AMD Athlon dual-core, or Phenom,, but try to avoid intel processors. Sorry,,,my english is bad still.

-reply by sergio

Quad Core's are the best deal in my opinion - you can get them pretty cheap if  you look around and if your buying a new computer altogether you can get them free with the computer - such as a great website called http://www.arbico.co.uk/. I haven't had direct use with the intel i7 but my friend has one and he says its the best processor he's ever had. 

-reply by Liam

Well as we know that intel is much expensive than amd processors...

in my opinion I will say that Intel Core i7 is a perfect processor to buy ... It copies 2gb application in 2 minutes... Isn;t it amazing running at blazing speed of 3.2 ghz...

only the thing to remind is that it runs on high temperature ,but that;s not a big deal. Use the new over clock software to solve the problem...Ver 12y.56.0.23

Its amazing...INTEL is best in my opinoin

-reply by Auson

AMD vs IntelWhat Is The Best Processor For Gaming?

Well AMD is known for its faster Frontside Bus than Intel. Intel has its i7 unit which is very well performed and expensive as well. Get AMD for less and it doesn't over heat as much. I change the thermal paste every 1-2 months on my AMD Semptron 3000+ (1.8Ghz) for better performance. I also over clocked my Semptron to 3.0Ghz which is very amazing, almost doubled; a 1.3Ghz difference.

-reply by David Hoang

which better AMD or INTELWhat Is The Best Processor For Gaming?

same people say amd best for game,some people say intel is better I know intel is the best processor in world...All internet cafe use amd 64 but I want ask you amd athlon2 and 2.90GHz and intel dual core which better for game   MY MOTHERBOARD...ASUS...GRAHIC ATI POWER COLOR

-reply by abdul azim

INTEL/AMDWhat Is The Best Processor For Gaming?

I use AMD more than INTEL even tho I use INTEL in my laptop it runs 1 game  that I like playing a lot it handles it quite well but it deos lagg out some times were it kicks me out of the game so it can resolve the lagg I also get fequent crashes from INTEL so I am going to have to go for AMD (FTW)

-reply by thequestioner

Video Gaming CPUWhat Is The Best Processor For Gaming?

Quite frankly, they're both great CPU's. The overclocking king, is nearly dead as far as I'mConcerned. Probably mostly true on the market too.The P4c (200 MHz FSB 800 total bus speed.)Was one of the best. One of the best I ever owned. On stock settings.. Stock fan and heat-sinkMy rig ran blistering Room-Temperature. Not a degree less, or more idle.It only went up around 7 - 12 degrees most of the time, and went right back to room temperature afterwords. I had it on water, but I suspect, if I had something slightly better thenThe system I had together, I could have easily got it past 1GHz for an overclock.3.35 3,350 or something like 3,355 or slightly under I believe.It was a 2.8 GHz chip, but ran at 3.35 most of it's life, before I put together the Xeon IUse to own. I've had many AMD's too. When Intel is slightly better, AMD isn't far behind.My advice, is AMD is cheaper either way... So just get an AMD. Those two companies willRemain a seesaw for CPU performance.The only thing I could say about Intel besides,, is they're usually easier to place to gather, andGet running. The poor thing about the start of LGA is they break too easy.I don't need all these easy install features of today's systems. I still remember the days of havingTo use a double slot just for your controller card, so you could have hard drives.(VISA Local Bus With ISA.)AMD was just making add on cards and such, when I placed together my first system..Anyways,, getting side track a little.AMD seems to be the best choice. Both in price, and reliability.For gaming speed, it's the same as I typed above. It's like a seesaw with AMD stamped on oneSide, and Intel on the other. Things are truly getting so fast however, you might as well stamp Coke on one side, and Pepsi Cola on the other.That probably doesn't really help you much.D, Edward Strausser.

-reply by Dennis E Strausser Jr

AMD ftwWhat Is The Best Processor For Gaming?I totally agree with AMD "adepts" I'm using AMD X2 dual core and I'm able to play any new game 'till today..I've also spent 950 Euro on it..Well I'm not reading any readme :D I just go on and have fun in any game..Btw I'm also playin' GTA4 at max and the requirements are still green :D AMD is the best processor..In my opinion

Amd(athlon) & intel(p4)What Is The Best Processor For Gaming?

I have both system but when the talk come to gaming I advice athlon...There are some games which can not be played on  intel like MAFIA I  try it on core 2 duo and p4  but it dsnt work it only works in athlon3000 2.0ghz

-reply by Rohit

If you have a computer recently and medium-high vista no doubt (I mean 4GB of RAM, DirectX compatible video card NVIDA8800 or 10, and a processor like a Core 2 Duo)If you have an older computer with a card DirectX 9 or short ram undoubtedly windows xp sp3 the fact remains that there are consoles that are made on purpose. As someone else said, the best operating system to play is the worst for the rest.the best operating system stability is undoubtedly x mac os x. ..x the best compatibility with video games is Windows XP ... so if you play much xp I recommend at least 2GB of RAM so many games and will start however with careful maintenance xp runs very well! I suggest you use CCleaner and Defraggler x maintenance ...

INTEL>AMD when it comes to gaming. I am quite a serious gamer myself and from past experiences with the 2 models, Intel comes out top. Most games today are made to be recommended with INTEL. AMD is cheaper and is used for less CPU intensive applications. Also I know many professional gamers who are sponsored by the biggest hardware brands (Intel, Microsoft etc) and they all seem to be running Intel processors as opposed to AMD. Intel FTW

Go for AMDI am using AMD athlon and i feel a better performance in AMD than intel.Gaming idea, just go for AMD.I use my system for 16 days without turning off or hybernating.AMD is the best in my words.

Hertz processor ? what is that ? i never came across any system like that. Care to explain further ? Intel and AMD both are good but the thread is about which processor is more suitable for gaming. So please be more specific with your replies in this thread so that we can understand. :D

Gaming performance of a processor depends on the game itself too. some games are faster with amd but some others are faster with intel.till 2 years ago dual core processors with higher clock rate where better than quad core processors with lower clock rate at the same price. but as today more quad core processors are producing so the difference is reduced.i think the best processor is one which has the best price/performance ratio so giving 100$ for 1more frame per second is not reasonable.for under 100$ i recommend Athlon II X3 450 Triple Core which is good enough for playing games with high performance graphic cards. for 200$ you can go for Core i5 Quad-core I5-750 which is very powerful for most of the games out there.