xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  

What Is The Best Processor For Gaming? Is it Intel or AMD?

Intel Xenon it's the best proccesor in the world i have it and i am wery happy! :angry:  :ph34r:

i'll say, that the digital - alpha - processor is the best [with 128 bit].

intel processors can only handle 64 bit - when ever :rolleyes:

Many people told me that Intel is best, but I still think that AMD is better than intel, it is your time to think and see what you want. Microsheet is alsow planing 64-bit procesors support as Linux alredy have :rolleyes:

amd is better for gaming. with the proper heatsink you can overclock while only going up a few degrees, keeping your processor in a safe range. they run faster than the intel cpu's, and are cheaper...

Actually, I believe I ran across an article somewhere that said Intel has specific Video Cards that run optimized on them. I have little information on this.(I'd type more, but my typing finger hurts alot >_<)

AMD is 10 times better than Intel, Intel Proccesors are very, very easy to overheat, especially in laptops. My last pc was a HP pavilion-Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.00 Ghz and 1GB RAM(upgraded), ATI mobility Radeon 128MB, and after a few hours (to or 3)I got blue screen because of the overheat, also I tried to play games like Call of Duty wich System Specs are very very low and I played them with very poor performance.Now I have another pavilion with AMD Turion @ 1.9Ghz, Nvidia Ge Force7150 128 MB, and 1Gb ram and I can play the same games 4 o 5 times smoother with better graphics without ANY framedrop.-Joey_pr198

For gaming I believe a top notch AMD processor will give you better performance, while maintaining a better value. If you're looking for a power system for video editing, encoding, ect, then Intel has the market there. Yes, Intel's can get a little warmer, but if cooled properly, will outperform an AMD chip at multitasking processes.

wow, bringing back a 3 year old article.anyway the Intel Core 2 Extreme (C2E) series seem to be on top of things, but the AMD FX-xx series might also be good, but the AMD only has 2 cores, and NO! Quad CORE IS NOT OVERKILL!So I'd personally go with Intel but AMD would be a very good alternative

Even as an AMD lover I must say that at this moment the intel cpu's are better for gaming as amd Athlons (so not an 64bt version). The tests I have seen between intel p4 and amd athlon the intel always was between 5% and 16% fasterThe p4 3.2GHz the outpaced the Athlon XP 3200 by about 16% but when you know that the clock speed of the AMD 3200+ is only 2.2GHz the difrent is not that big because it is really 2.2GHz vs 3.2GHz.

The days of the P4 are long gone. Also, your information is misleading. The Athlon 64 architecture dominated the P4 architecture in performance, it was only the Core 2 Duo that saved Intel.

anyway the Intel Core 2 Extreme (C2E) series seem to be on top of things, but the AMD FX-xx series might also be good, but the AMD only has 2 cores, and NO! Quad CORE IS NOT OVERKILL!So I'd personally go with Intel but AMD would be a very good alternative

So I should go to eBay and spend about $40 more on a quad that a duo, which will run games slower than the duo would. I like that kind of thinking (not :) )
Show me some benchmarks where a quad goes faster than a duo at the same ghz, from what I've seen that's not happening, unless the game companies had enough sense to incorporate some decent SMP in games.
Edited by dre (see edit history)

Right now its worth just sticking with duo. The operating systems and programs are not taking advantage of the 2 extra cores, and by the time they do, prices will be way down. Better to just wait it out then, in my opinion...

AMD makes good processors. A while ago they had an edge over Intel. Now Intel has an edge over them when they came out with the Dual Core 2 Duo. I suggest you buy one of those this time around, and when it starts to swing back thanks to competition get and AMD. Both companies make some good processors. Dual core processors of any kind are really nice since you've got what equates to 2 processors in one, but Intel has a darn good one...but really you're only going to see good performance increases in something other than Windows since it doesn't really take advantage of the dual core technology. You can wait out or get a single core that's good.

Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)

INTEL OR AMD

What Is The Best Processor For Gaming?

INTEL is the best processor ever

-reply by Chandima [non linear editor TNL Tv]

Quad Core

What Is The Best Processor For Gaming?

Replying to csp4.0

When will software mostly games be ready for quad core CPU's? I am aiming for a high end gaming system. I am always loved AMD but I know Intel and AMD go back and forth. I am just curious of quad core will benefit gaming?

-reply by brad