xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
finaldesign

Firefox Tricks To Boost Your Speed

Thank you very much. How did you learn all this? Did you analyse their binaries or something?

My guess is finaldesign didn't work it out for him/herself cos I'd seen it posted on other forums before it appeared on Xisto.

This is an awesome trick! Thanks a bunch.I noticed the difference when switching from dialup to broadband a couple of years ago, and now i'm having flashbacks... you put my Firefox on steriods!@FaLgoR: I think it just increases the amount of threads/connections Firefox opens to the webserver to retrieve files... Instead of loading index.php, image1.gif and image2.gif one after another, it loads them all at the same time.

My guess is finaldesign didn't work it out for him/herself cos I'd seen it posted on other forums before it appeared on Xisto.

146414[/snapback]

Sorry for the double post, but tricks like these are distributed the 'net over, and were probably started by Firefox developers or contributers. Many of the people here haven't found this trick yet, and were only wise to it once they read it here.

Finaldesign did a good thing posting it here... hopefully the people here will go and spread the word to another forum, or by word of mouth, that way more and more people will be able to do this.

146414[/snapback]

Well, not :P but who really done that is probably developers of firefox... Im just spreading a good word...

The firefox browser has its own default settings which need to be edited to do this...Once done your browsing speed should increase by 300 to 500%well to access this feature type 'about:config' in the address slot (doesnt matter if you are offline)......in the menu you get go to network.http.pipelining by default its value is set to false, double click it to get it to say trueby enabling this your firefox browser sends multiple requests to a websitein the next line the interger is network.http.pipelining.maxrequests its value by default is 4 double click on it and set the value to somewhere between 20 to 30, this means that your browser would send 20 to 30 requests simultaneously to a website (dont go beyond 30 for the sake of morality- its a website after all and has banwidth monitoring)some rows below find another integer network.http.proxy.pipelining, it is set to false, double click and set to true...Lastly add a new integer, right click anywhere and select new>integer, preference name would be nglayout.initialpaint.delay set its value to zero, this new integer makes the browser display immediately any information it retrieves from the website the zero indicates the time the browser should wait before acting on the data retrieved from an web address.Lastly just for funType about:mozilla in your address barHappy Surfing

Seems to work fairly well for me! My Gmail account home page loads noticably faster, and I increased network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to 15 (as opposed to something more than 20). Very interesting indeed. By the way, as a matter of general curiosity (/stupidity, dunno which) what does changing the value of network.http.proxy.pipelining do?Thanks for the detailed instructions :P

Proxy is suggested by the name itself, i dont think more explainations are needed unless you are interested in getting all the lectures on request handling and processingAnywayz here is another tweaktype 'about:config'find 'browser.turbo.enabled' set its value to 'true'Good Luck

Right it works! But I have another problem: sometimes my firefox uses over 90% of proccessor time (in task manager, under cpu, win). I simply close the browser (with all the tabs) and start it again, and then everything is notmal again (uses about 25%). Can anyone help with this or has anyone had the same problem?

Wow! Amazing! I run a lot faster now, time to go have fun! Games games games.Thanks for the tutorial!

yeah... its greattt i notice the speed when surfing frienster whick is usually slow in loading its page.... haha... thaks for the tuts, bro...

it seemed to work pretty good, i dont know what your talking about when your processor usage is at like 25%-90% because mines has always stayed at about 3%. It might be something else running in the background or something like that.