xisto Community
B-T

Strip Searches In Schools do u think its right?

My first reaction is almost to ask if this is something that's really done, (still?) in the US o.oMy school was small, so I dont think we even had dogs brought in, although I know plently of students would have been busted if there were ^^;;You think if you had something on you, the dog could sniff it out... no reason to... take the clothes off a schoolchild o.o

if anyone of you have seen ANY of my posts in regards to invasion of privacy etc..you know i am extremley rebellious...and what i have to say to making a child be strip searched is, id like to see the buttheads *i have a worse word :lol:* try ans strip search me, unless it is done WITH a warrent, and my parents present they aint touching me in any way shape or form, if they have done everything they could to determine if i have drugs on me then i would still want them to have a warrent and my parents still there..because if the were to just sniff the locked *which our school has none* and find nothing then go through students..there is more thay can do..lol so imo...they can take the strip search and shove it where the sun dont shine >_< and thats an understatement

Strip searched? I think that's a bit harsh. Maybe if the dog smelled the drugs on the kid it wouldn't be so bad because the kid did it to him/herself. The police could tell the kid "Give us the drugs or we'll strip-search you" to give them a fair warning.Some parents are very over-protective and might sue the school if their kid is searched and nothing is found on him/her.

its definately not cool, not nice to have it done to you, especially if u dont have drugs on you. They don't or at least shouldn't have the right to search anyone, at least without a warrant to do so as is legal. if a warrant is obtained, a judge agrees that it is in the best intrest, so it should be ok.but, although its not nice, you need to think about the intentions. having a drug free school is bes for those who do not take drugs as well as those who do, everyone. drugs to bad things to a user and those around them, and as a school, they have a duty to protect their pupils. its an extreme, but if it has to be done, it has to be done

At my last school, (I'm homeschooled now) it was a public school and they would have these searches every now and then and they would search purses and everything, and my friends got there phones taken away which I think is awfully stupid. :) But other than that I think they have every right. Just the whole taking of cell phones thing and having to have your parents come to the school to get it is kinda retarded.

yeh, competely agree, why were your friend's phones taken away from them?i think it all comes o what the school has to do, i don't see what a school can get from having people's phones taken from them, only that, if they do, they won't be able to use them in lessons, but what else can they get from taking people's phones?

Well once you get into drugs it you start violating the law, and the police are here to stop people violating the law. So I think that it should be aloud, besides, who is dumb enough to get involved in drug in the first place?

While I can understand the logic behind it, I do not support the practice of strip search in schools. I mean, let's be honest. What are the chances that some school kid is going to be key to breaking some international drug cartel? Most would, at the most, have a few pills or some of mom and dad's weed. Not saying that its right, but let's look at the end result - kid gets a slap on the wrist for juvenile possession. Meanwhile, innocent kids get humiliated. Parents sue the schools. The schools spend money defending their actions that could better be spent EDUCATING our kids. The police get a bad rap for being 'the bad guys' after the parents spend much of a kid's childhood telling them the cops are the good guys. And for what? A few pills or a joint? Use the dogs if you want, search lockers by all means - but keep the kids dressed. There is such a thing as taking things too far.

Drug dogs are okay. I personally think that strip search is best for schools. I mean there is no negative side to this. Parents cannot sue the school anyways. This should be done within non-educational time periods of the school day.We need to stop drugs, and this is another way to improve.BTW: I think that cell phones should NOT be taken away from students in school.

My opinion is simple and needs no explanation. If they want to strip search you, they better have a person of the same sex doing it, so you don't feel intimitaded. And finaly, they better have a DARN good reason to, they better have a good explanation when they don't find anything either.I don't want someone strip searching me, and then say, "Next". If they wanna search me they better have a reason to think I'd have drugs/guns/knifes/ect on mr.

I dont think the students should be stripped search. Ok, maybe check them every now and again using sniffer dogs, portable metal detectors and the like, but not in the police method of just chucking things everywhere to find drugs or evidence. As for phones, they shouldnt really take them away from students unless if they were really disruptive in class or during breaks.If anything particular is found, they should really contact the parents asap and then confront the student at home rather than at school.

Edited by arnz (see edit history)

Ya I don't really agree with strip searches at school. I think the airport is enough. If someone is believed to be carrying drugs why don't they have the dog sniff them or something but no strip searches. That is just sort of an invasion of privacy but I can see why they think it is necessary to do this.

Drug dogs are fine, they do help a lot with the drug problems in schools. But strip searching students? That's pushing it, if a school really has that bad of a drug problem they can easily find another way to search for drugs, such as checking bags before students enter the building. Not every single cop/medical professional is law abiding, and think about it, they would most likely be in a closed off room with no windows or cameras (to protect privacy) and if they were searching everywhere they would need to sedate them. Imagine how much a sick perverted person could do to an innocent child especally if they don't have drugs. If I was strip searched I would definently sue my school.

First of all, where do you live? I've never heard of a school that has to crackdown bad enough to do strip searches, so you must live in a really bad neighborhood or something.Anyway, no, it's not right for schools to do strip searches. They can use dogs and do searches through your locker and bags maybe, but a strip search is too far. It just seems embarrassing and over-the-top.