xisto Community
B-T

Strip Searches In Schools do u think its right?

do u think it's right that if a drug dog thinks there is drugs in a locker and the police search it and don't find any the student should be strip searched?what if they didn't find any drugs on the student eighther. i personaly don't think it's right 4 a student to be strip searched. even if they may have drugs. i think they should let the parents handle it. what do u think?

That's ewie to begin with, but if it's entirely necessary (it is possible to smuggle things around with you in various..er...crevices), the police should go about it. Preferably, a medical professional or someone who won't intimidate the student by the ordeal. And it has to be a man to a man and a woman to a woman for privacy reasons or the student should be offered that instead of turning over the drugs or whatever.Ugh, it's an icky idea from the beginning. I don't know what I'm prattling about. I'd never subject to that kind of search.Nor would I have drugs in the first place though...:/

I am fine with drug dogs searching lockers, but strip searching is going a little too far. And about leaving it to the parents, what if the parents are disgruntled and are drug addicts themselves or alcoholics. They might abuse the kid or something, really this is an etchy issue. It has its good and bad sides and no one will ever win the debate on this.

If its drugs than its a resonable cause for the cops to do whatever. But I wouldn't go as far as strip searching students. I would get pissed if I was searched like that. I would sue them for like public humiliation. lol. idiots. anyways they shouldn't do that neither make it legal for them to do that.

I don't think that is right at all. The dogs and the lockers are alright but the strip search is really not necessary. I would feel absolutely violated if I was being under a strip search and to be found out that I didn't have anything on me. I also think it's wrong because alot of students are under aged and that just really wouldn't be right at all. Even if they are guilty of having it on them they still shouldn't have to resort to strip searching. The dogs should be able to smell it out anyways so they really don't need it. A dogs scent can't be masked by whatever you're hiding... no matter where you have it. Unless you swallow it maybe... but I doubt you're going to get anywhere with a strip search if it's swallowed.So in a nut shell... I believe it's wrong, and sick.

I don't think students should be strip searched. Dogs checking lockers and bags is fine, but not if the police then go and just chuck everything out to try and find drugs. I keep all my coursework in my locker, as do all the other students at my school and it would be awful if there work was wrecked just for the police to check a locker.I think if they do find anything they should speak to the parents and confront the student when they get home, not at school.

I don't know, i guess i should be against it, but i am not. As long as they dont go invading your stuff just to do it, i think its fine. You never know what someone can be hiding. I can easily hide many things in my pockets let alone my backpack. Many students have smuggled in alchohalic drinks, many deal drugs, many do drugs at the school...And just knowing that i used to be a part of it all, i think it should be stopped. Schools shoudnt even have to do this, our future really has no hope..The only thing im against is getting in trouble for like aspirin, or anything like that. I have had friends who got in trouble for caring around pills like midol and motrin, and aspirin...meanwhile kids 5 people down probably have E in their back pocket.

That is going way too far. I don't think that schools should be able to do that. I don't think anyone should be able to do that, without incredibly good reason. Even so, I'd feel so violated because of it. It seems wrong to me. Very very wrong.As for the getting in trouble for over the counter drugs like aspirin and midol and all that... that's going over the edge too. I live with pain everyday... if I didn't have my meds, I wouldn't be functioning all that well. There was a long time during highschool that my routine was, wake up, take a couple aspirin and then get ready for school.I'd take the pills with me too, because typically, I'd be having more during class if the pain returned.So, if someone thought they were illegal drugs, and then searched my locker, I wouldn't think that was so bad. They are just trying to keep the bad stuff out of the kid's hands. But if they didn't find anything, and did a strip search... I couldn't imagine anything more humiliating.

In my school, (it's a private school) we're not supposed to bring cellphones. :) But a lot of students, especially highschoolers bring those with them anyway. After about 2 months from the start of the schoolyear, my school did a "secret" inspection on us. They told us some stupid reason and we went out of our classroom. They started searching our bags. Then, when we reentered, they felt our pockets and stuff. It's not new here, in my old school, they did the same, only then, we had to take our stuff from our pockets too. Then they told us, "We took some phones, and we know some of you have their phones there. We'll be waiting for you in the Principal's Office this dismissal. You know yourselves..." Then of course, out of fear, the people who brought cellphones went...We never had drug searches... It's something that's too bizzare to happen to this all-girl's school with hardly any students. :P Hehe... Even so... I don't like the idea being searched like this. :P It's embarassing... They see your stuff... It's really a violation of privacy.

I think that that is true because your parents are the only people that can help change them you cnt embrass im front of people like that they will be more likely to rebel to the school and its way..but in a way it is right because it will teach them

We had search dogs go into our school. I don't htink we had strip searches. We just had the touch search. Nothing like digging in your butt or whatever. lol. I still think its not right at all. They're treating us like criminals now if they have to resort to things like that. I wouldn't go to that school if they allow that. Lol.lol crevices. like stick crack in your butt or whatever.

If that is the best way they think to handle these type of situations then I have no respect for them. It's like we're in prison or something. Yes drugs may be illegal Yes a student may be posesing them, and yes it might have outcomes...but strip searching is just wrong... I mean if they want people to behave or whatever you don't exactly go about it in that kind of manner ... it's like they're desperate and have no other way to go about it.

Yes, I think they - police and the school authorities have the right (i hope I'm not too harsh to use the word 'right') to search and even to the point of strip-searched. There's nothing we can say much because they might have clearly mentioned or notified students not to bring drugs or other harmful things with them.In the meantime, the students also have the right to carry what they want to carry with them, but the school law with catch them. Meaning, students are under the law and must know that they shouldn't violate the law of the school. The problem is that such schools may be able to enforce such strict rules in their schools and premises but these kinds of kids continue to do so outside their school and their lives get spoilt still and schools don't make any difference in their live... because its basically the duty of the particular kids to control their lives through a proper guidance at home. I should therefore say that home is where the real school begins. A bad boy at home is the same bad boy at school too, and vice versa.

First of all, strip search is done usually in an arrest, by members of the same gender, and the student, if under 18 years old, will have the right to appoint a lawyer or trustable adult to monitor the search. Usually a lawyer is better, because they understand how to "avoid" these things in the first place. That's what the authorities DON'T tell you. Also, if you were strip searched at school for example, where would it be? In the washroom? Staff room? Class room? We have to remember, staff room is a room filled with people, obviously not the best or legal choice, and washroom is a public place, which makes it worse. Classrooms are sometimes video taped, or have really big "windows"... lol! Of course, you could sue the school, since there's ALWAYs an excuse :)