xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

is homosexuality right or wrong?

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong?

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

So is being straight a choice?

If it is such a "choice" I do believe most gays would CHOOSE to be straight don't you because of the bull **** they get

So no its not a choice..If you wanted to could you CHOOSE to be gay right now?

Nope

Apparently being blinded by religion is a choice..I thought christianity was all about listening to God's word.."love thy neighbor" I believe is HIS word not "love thy neighbor unless he/she is gay"

Stop acting christian + start acting Christ-like

Truth.Love.Acceptance.

-reply by katy

This response is to all of those who responded that "homosexuality isn't natural" or "why don't you see this in the animal kingdom". Obviously those people have their heads up their asses and haven't a clue about what goes on in the world. Nearly EVERY species of animal has had some members that have homosexual activity. Many are primarily homosexual or bisexual. Try quoting Romans or Leviticus to these animals and see what they have to say about it. Truth is, homosexuality is just a part of the natural course of things. There are going to be people of all orientations. They don't choose their orientation any more than heterosexuals *choose* theirs. If any heterosexual here says that it is a *choice* then that means that YOU TOO can *CHOOSE* to be attracted to someone of the same sex. You too can choose to be totally excited by someone of the same sex. If it is a CHOICE then even HETEROSEXUALS can CHOOSE to be HOMOSEXUAL. Guys, do you CHOOSE who gives you a hardon? Really? Is that REALLY a choice? Anyways, read the article below:

Here is an article about it:

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=20718

1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

Published: Monday, 23-Oct-2006

Medical Science News

Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom, especially among herding animals. Many animals solve conflicts by practicing same gender sex.

From the middle of October until next summer the Norwegian Natural History Museum of the University of Oslo will host the first exhibition that focuses on homosexuality in the animal kingdom.

"One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species," explains Petter Boeckman, who is the academic advisor for the "Against Nature's Order?" exhibition.

The most well-known homosexual animal is the dwarf chimpanzee, one of humanity's closes relatives. The entire species is bisexual. Sex plays an conspicuous roll in all their activities and takes the focus away from violence, which is the most typical method of solving conflicts among primates and many other animals.

"Sex among dwarf chimpanzees is in fact the business of the whole family, and the cute little ones often lend a helping hand when they engage in oral sex with each other."

Lions are also homosexual. Male lions often band together with their brothers to lead the pride. To ensure loyalty, they strengthen the bonds by often having sex with each other.

Homosexuality is also quite common among dolphins and killer whales. The pairing of males and females is fleeting, while between males, a pair can stay together for years. Homosexual sex between different species is not unusual either. Meetings between different dolphin species can be quite violent, but the tension is often broken by a "sex orgy".

Homosexuality is a social phenomenon and is most widespread among animals with a complex herd life.

Among the apes it is the females that create the continuity within the group. The social network is maintained not only by sharing food and the child rearing, but also by having sex. Among many of the female apes the sex organs swell up. So they rub their abdomens against each other," explains Petter Bockman and points out that animals have sex because they have the desire to, just like we humans.

Homosexual behaviour has been observed in 1,500 animal species.

"We're talking about everything from mammals to crabs and worms. The actual number is of course much higher. Among some animals homosexual behaviour is rare, some having sex with the same gender only a part of their life, while other animals, such as the dwarf chimpanzee, homosexuality is practiced throughout their lives."

Animals that live a completely homosexual life can also be found. This occurs especially among birds that will pair with one partner for life, which is the case with geese and ducks. Four to five percent of the couples are homosexual. Single females will lay eggs in a homosexual pair's nest. It has been observced that the homosexual couple are often better at raising the young than heterosexual couples.

When you see a colony of black-headed gulls, you can be sure that almost every tenth pair is lesbian. The females have no problems with being impregnated, although, according to Petter Boeckman they cannot be defined as bisexual.

"If a female has sex with a male one time, but thousands of times with another female, is she bisexual or homosexual? This is the same way to have children is not unknown among homosexual people."

Indeed, there is a number of animals in which homosexual behaviour has never been observed, such as many insects, passerine birds and small mammals.

"To turn the approach on its head: No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue."

Petter Bockman regrets that there is too little research about homosexuality among animals.

"The theme has long been taboo. The problem is that researchers have not seen for themselves that the phenomenon exists or they have been confused when observing homosexual behaviour or that they are fearful of being ridiculed by their colleagues. Many therefore overlook the abundance of material that is found. Many researchers have described homosexuality as something altogether different from sex. They must realise that animals can have sex with who they will, when they will and without consideration to a researcher's ethical principles."

One example of overlooking behaviour noted by Petter Bockman is a description of mating among giraffes, when nine out of ten pairings occur between males.

"Every male that sniffed a female was reported as sex, while anal intercourse with orgasm between males was only "revolving around" dominance, competition or greetings.

Masturbation is common in the animal kingdom.

"Masturbation is the simplest method of self pleasure. We have a Darwinist mentality that all animals only have sex to procreate. But there are plenty of animals who will masturbate when they have nothing better to do. Masturbation has been observed among primates, deer, killer whales and penguins, and we're talking about both males and females. They rub themselves against stones and roots. Orangutans are especially inventive. They make dildos of wood and bark," says Petter Boeckman of the Norwegian Natural History Museum.

http://www.uio.no/

Edited by Valerian (see edit history)

Homosexuality is wrong for me because I'm straight, but right for people who are homosexual.Pressuring a homosexual to fornicate with a member of the opposite sex is perverted. They're not attracted to them!

It's like asking if being born with 12 toes is right or wrong. It's a genetic mutation. Few mutations are beneficial to the individual, but some mutations are beneficial. I'm heterosexual, so for me to have sex with another man would be disgusting to me. For a gay man to have sex with a woman would be disgusting to him. So-called 'morals' are instruments used to control human behavior. Some 'morals' are beneficial and some are not. Two men in love has no effect on my life. I don't sit around plotting ways to make everybody act and think just like me.

Actually it can be either right or wrong, considering how people take it. If people are all hardcore about straight marriage, they'll have a very bad idea about Homosexuality. People who are "free" consider both right.Some people are all like "EWW GAY". Well, that's how their minds changed due to society. If you think your kid is homosexual due to its dirty thoughts, you're wrong; it's due to the influence by society.

I personally disagree compleately with everyone who says it is wrong, i think that its just homophobia, and that most peoplewho say it is wrong are just scared that people will think they are homosexual themselves.Surely the main reason for living,is to enjoy life,and live it to the full.So if someone prefers to be with the same gender, then thats not wrong, its what is right for them.So i think its ok...

Edited by minimcmonkey (see edit history)

Replying to wakelimI think its right. I mean, telling people who they can love? Oh ya, thats freedom all right.And peoplesaying its "wrong?" Oh ya,just like birth control and being yoourself is wrong. Yup. And gay's shouldn't get married cause they cant have kids. So old people or woman who arent able to have kids arent alowde to get married? Aperenly not.And when people say it's written in the bible,oh well? Who the hell follows that thing anyway? I don't what-so-ever. Thats why jews are hated and arent allowed in america.-reply by Jackie

Replying to wakelimIt makes me really feel sad to see so much prejudice in this world. Human beings are SEXUAL BEINGS BY NATURE, so when you say that GAY RELATIONSHIPS are only based on SEX, it is very discriminatory. So what can you say about the husband who cheats on his wife, or the thousands of straight people who go online looking for sex!? can I say the same about them!? SEX ISNT ONLY FOR REPRODUCTIVE PURPOSES! WOMEN USE CONDOMS, PILLS AND MANY OTHER WAYS TO PREVENT PREGNANCY, IS THAT ALSO CONSIDERED UNNATURAL!??? SEX IS MEANT TO BE FOR PLEASURE... SO CALLING GAY SEX UNNATURAL JUST BECAUSE WE CAN REPRODUCE IS IRRELEVANT...YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DETERMINE WHAT LOVE IS... LOVE IS THE UNION BETWEEN TWO SOULS... AND SOULS MY FRIEND, don't HAVE A PENNIS OR A VAGINA...HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WOULD STOP CARING SO MUCH FOR OTHER PEOPLES' BUSINESS AND START USING THE LOVE THEY SOOO MUCH PREACH, AND MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR EVERYBODY TO LIVE IN. -reply by SebastianAdmin Personal opinion.. "Agree" :-) - Xisto.com

right,,, HELL YES IT IS!

It makes me really feel sad to see so much prejudice in this world. Human beings are SEXUAL BEINGS BY NATURE, so when you say that GAY RELATIONSHIPS are only based on SEX, it is very discriminatory. So what can you say about the husband who cheats on his wife, or the thousands of straight people who go online looking for sex!? can I say the same about them!?

SEX ISNT ONLY FOR REPRODUCTIVE PURPOSES! WOMEN USE CONDOMS, PILLS AND MANY OTHER WAYS TO PREVENT PREGNANCY, IS THAT ALSO CONSIDERED UNNATURAL!??? SEX IS MEANT TO BE FOR PLEASURE... SO CALLING GAY SEX UNNATURAL JUST BECAUSE WE CAN REPRODUCE IS IRRELEVANT...

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DETERMINE WHAT LOVE IS... LOVE IS THE UNION BETWEEN TWO SOULS... AND SOULS MY FRIEND, don't HAVE A PENNIS OR A VAGINA...

HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WOULD STOP CARING SO MUCH FOR OTHER PEOPLES' BUSINESS AND START USING THE LOVE THEY SOOO MUCH PREACH, AND MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR EVERYBODY TO LIVE IN.

sensitive topics :)

Replying to iGuest

I think this is all about ethics and principles.

I'll try my best to express what I think, here goes.

Consider this, In some places in the world, it is immoral for a man and a woman to have sexual relations if they are not married. It is completely natural for them to have sex, but it is not seen as moral by their society. In other places it is completely normal for 14 year olds to start dating and experimenting with sex.

In other places it is moral for a man to have more than one wife, and in other is is seen as immoral (most of the world).

In some places it is moral to go to a beach and walk around nude, in other places it is considered immoral for a woman to show off her hair (practicing Muslims and some Christians in eastern Europe).

Some places it is ok for same sex couples to exist, in other places you mother will cry her self to death and your father will either beat the crap out of you or join your mother.

So it is not really about natural or unnatural, right or wrong, it is about principles. We won't all agree which set of principles is the right one till God judges us (it'll be too late then :P), I hope we all make the right choices in preparation of that day...

Anyways so the next question after acknowledging that the is a huge spectrum of opinions of what is moral and immoral, that its all about drawing lines.

Personally I believe in one man one woman marriage, with limited contact between them before marriage, just enough to see if it might work out or not and to be sure that their morals aren't in collision. This is based on my religious beliefs which are the base for all my opinions (I believe that the Koran is God's message to humanity, so not following it doesn't make sense to me).

It is all about DRAWING A LINE, when is too much freedom TOO MUCH freedom, there is a line somewhere, you can either follow the Koran, or you can follow what your parents told you, or you can use your few years on this earth to form an opinion and draw your own line.

I think it is wrong because 1. It is unnatural, no one is born gay, get over it, studies have shown identical twins where one becomes gay and the other is stright, there fore it is not genetic.

2. EW, imagine after soccer practice Omar and Jack are sitting side by side, JAck asks Omar what his plans for the rest of the day are. Omar says 'shower, pray, have dinner with my family, you?'. Jack then says 'I'm going to have a man @#$% me from behind'. Omar and Jason will never be friends, NOT NECESSARILY ENEMIES, but not friends.

3. If you start going against nature, when are you going to stop? Whats next? Sex with 7 yr olds? Sex with animals, stepping out of the boundaries which on a global scale and for all recorded history have been known as acceptable is very dangerous, a few years in the future our grandchildren may be here discussing whether marring animals is moral or not, and whether having deep affection and love for their pets is their right or not, and that if you have relations with your dog it is your right and it isn't hurting any one else.

So basically I believe you are opening a door which shouldn't be opened, that's my opinion, I hope you will respect it and not think I'm 'closed minded' for being religious.

I leave you with a TRANSLATED verse from the Koran (so it is not real Koran, just a humans translation)

[30.21] And one of His signs is that He created mates for you from yourselves that you may find rest in them, and He put between you love and compassion; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.

Replying to iGuest

-reply by TheOmar2Experience

Replying to JasperIk everyone supporting gay sex and marriages say, there is nothing wrong in that or its neither right or wrong it just is...I just have one question. Wht about incest? and animals...Freedom right? its none of our business eh? by this logic I think oneday you guys might say if children like it we can have sex with them too... Coz its a case of freedom. Too much of anything is bad. Somewhere one has to draw a line. Does that make sense? if two people are having sex in public, when you are out with your family, it shouldn't bother you right? its their freedom eh? think abt it and have some respect for nature...

replying

Homosexuality is wrong people individuals are not made to be with the same GENDER why cant people get that threw there head its ****ing distgusting so for all you guys and girls out there who are gay or lesbian I'm glad you feel the need you need the same gender to feel some love from someone !!

-reply by caitlin

I really really disagree with homosexuality. The most evident reasons are that gay people make me feel sick, make me puke! dunno, I can't stand the way they talk, the way they walk... They have born males, why should they act like females? Anyway, let's pass on the real arguments.Almost in any kind of science, to prove something, you assume that it is the opposite of what you want to prove, and then, judging by the opposite, you get a totally wrong or absurd conclusion. Now, let's apply this technique in here. Let's assume that being gay is natural, and all people are gay (:)). What will happen, is that they won't be able to make kids, and the whole humanity life would end in one generation. This means that people aren't supposed to be gay , so I totally think that being homosexual is wrong. This is my strong and solid belief about being gay.

I may be wrong here, and if I am so then I apologise, but I think that the MAGORITY, not all, of gay relationships are not orionated towards love. They are merely directed towards a physical nature in their own sex that they find appealing.

I have to disagree with you there. homosexuals are people too, they want love. a majority of those stories you hear about a romp in a public toilet block or something simmilar are mostly people who haven't accepted it, who are still in the closet, who possibly have a wife and /or children.

I have been brought up to accept Homosexuals, there is nothing wrong with it (admittedly this is only my opinion) but they are just like the rest of us. They need to feel loved. And to be honest, how many relationships have you had that weren't oriented around love, maybe lust or looks.