xisto Community
ckuehner

First Computer You Ever Owned What was the first personal computer tha

well i only started on the computer 4 years ago and i got a brand new one a year ago..but my first one was erm....i dont know the exacts but it was a 98 or 99 HP..when i started using it..it was extrempley slowa big monitor..and it had AOL i was stuck with that for a while!! but then i got the one i have now a dell..a year old :)

My first computer I ever owned was very old. Lol. I think it was like a Apple or something, We ran Windows 98 on it. It only had like 4 Gigabytes, no CD-Rom drive, and had like 64K memory. Me and my mom found it at a yard sale and bought it for $100. It held up pretty good, It ran my roms and all (to be 9 years old again) but it just ended up going with my dad, and now it's just another piece of junk. Won't even boot Windows anymore :)

Was 1997.

My parents bouht me a personal computer.

It specifications:

AT miditower

Acorp MoBo on Intel 430TX chipset

CPU Intel Pentium 200 MMX

Monitor CTX 15"

32 MB RAM

2.1 Gb HardDisk

32x CD-ROM samsung

Sound Blaster as soundcard

VGA S3 Trio3D2X with 4 Mb

On this super machine I played in Age Of Empires II, Carmageddon and Need For Speed 2 then 3 Hot Pursuit.

I spended good time with my PC!

my first coputer

26-07-00

COMPAQ PRESARIO 7474

AMD K6-2 @ 533Mhz

64MB RAM

TRIDENT BLADE 3D GFX CRD(8MB SHARED VRAM)

8GB HDD

8X DVD DRIVE

56K MODEM

15" MONITOR

now i've assembled another pc , but i still use the same old keyboard,mouse and modem

I think the first computer I messed around with was a Tandy. I don't remember the specs... but I remember it had a full-blown graphics card able to support VGA! :( I could play this really cool typing game... it was like Missile Command without the bases or the missiles... haha, you had to type the word that was coming downward before it made it to the bottom.Then I got the Commodore 64. Days of Lode Runner and Donkey Kong and Mario helped build my legacy of geekdom.My first real computer though was a hand-me-down NEC with 200MHz MMX and 16MB of EDO RAM. I remember it having EDO very well because I was stupid and spent a fortune upgrading the RAM to 64MB, because EDO was so much more expensive than the current thing then (I think it was SDRAM?). Syndicate was my game then.Now I'm working off of a 1.8GHz Dell laptop with 1GB of RAM. Crazy... and I'm already upgrading to a 3.0GHz HP. Anyone called for F.E.A.R., C&C: Generals, and Fable: Lost Chapters?Back in the day I remember that owning a laptop was just a crazy dream...

Just a curiosity issue for me. I know that a lot of you are very young (at least compared to me), so I imagine that some of the responses will be Pentium 3's or 4's.

However, bringing back memories of older technology is entertaining for me. So if you started "Back in the Good Ol' Days" I'd like to hear what you started with.

The first computer that I ever personally owned was a Timex-Sinclair 1000. It was a small thing that hooked upi to a television for a monitor.

The base system came with 1K of memory. There was no such thing as a hard drive at the time. We stored programs on tape (basically a standard audio cassette. I also had this big module that plugged into the back to increase my memory to 16K.

The graphics were pitiful by todays standards, but not bad for the time. I was able to play Frogger and a lot of Text Adventures. I also used it to learn programming in BASIC and Pascal.

162113[/snapback]

old POS dell lols

Notice from BuffaloHELP:

This post has been brought to you by

Posted Image

Mmm, mmm! Sliced and diced as SPAM-tastic!

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

My first system, was a 486 (I dont remember the brand or anything) running Windows 3.11 (Windows for Workgroups). I had a 400mb hard drive a 1,400 baud modem, a keyboard that barely worked, no mouse and only the PC speaker for sound. But man, it played DOS games like nobody's business. It crapped out on me at 12am January 1st 2000 haha.

the first computer that I've ever owned was like 5 to 9 years ago. I was custom made by a comp shop run by chinese people who ripped me off. the system was so unreliable, it was always freeze and crashing so often it wasn't even funny. It had like 64ram, I don't even remember how fast it went, probably like .00000001 ghz, and it had like <1 gig of space. It was so slow, so sucky, I got riped off so bad it was just said. I mean people at that time paid for comps that were twice as fast as mine and still paid the same price of 1k.

The first computer I owned was a Windows 3.1 machine back in 1994. (you can tell it's old as it had a turbo button :lol: ) It had a 486DX processor, speed was 66Mhz. Clearly it's slow compared to todays computers, but I wouldn't really say it ran slowly, as the software on there was so old itself, everything moved fine. It even had Microsoft Office 4.3 on it! I upgraded it to Windows 95, and that's when it started to slow down. I've still got it today, and it still works!

My first computer? It was a Windows 95 Toshiba that came out in the early 90's. Just kept updating the program. I just got a new one though. Just yesterday. After that laptop, I moved onto a windows 98 system. It was a gateway gotten in 96. So as you can imagine, I am quite happy with the new purchase I made usterday. A dell with 80GB and 512 Ram. All the new features. finally back in style after so many years :lol:

Old chuncky IBM WINDOWS 3.1.0 LAPTOP... I think that beats everyone's post then the next one was a Gateway 98' everone had gateway's back then now there still crap... it sux... :lol: and now I have a Dell Media Center... good stuff

macintosh Preforma.....I was about 4 at the time, but I could play some pretty cool games...the first computer I ever owned however, was my P2 Gateway, which I took because my parents upgraded to an iMac and my dad got an HP notebook....now, I have a computer that I built, and its pretty sweet....

hmmmm the first computer I owned was a old Hewlett Packard. Not too long ago I had a Packard Bell for my birthday. And 2 years ago I got to take over my dad's black and beautiful Dell. I like balck computers. I don't know why! :lol: