xisto Community
Becca

The "cyber" Thing Relationships on the Net

Hi:I think internet chat rooms are just one more way for people to interact. I believe that both friendships and romance can form online. Granted, I am married, so my experience is limited to the friendship department. But, I have met and made friends on line.Sure, it can bes fake and there are goofy names. And people will pretend to be things they are not. Most guys will be rich and successful. Most woman will be beautiful and thin. Whether they (both the men and women) are or or not. Both sexes are capable of internet deception.But, on the other hand, I still believe if two people can get past that, or are honest with each other, it is simply another means of communication. Men and women have been hooking up all kinds of ways through out history. Chat room is just one other way. Remember penpals? And love letters? In the modern era, we have chat rooms, email, yahoo IRC.But I believe it would only be the first step. I don't thank you can actually love somebody until you have met them. Internet allows you to meet and interact.Sunkist

LOL. :)

Whoo man, that was hilarious. Anyway, yeah, I've seen that on Runescape, and other games like Everquest and such. Chat rooms aren't much better. I don't see how anyone can truly call that a relationship.

"I met this hot Dark Elf Enchanter, and we started raiding together, and one thing led to another and we ended up getting betrothed in the Halls of Icevale." :)

161752[/snapback]

Hmm i agree , internet relationships can work out awsome for some but other's it just will not work , there's so many problem's involved , a big problem would be money .. people plan to meet each other and 90% of the time the other person lives half way accross the world. I myself did that internet relationship stuff but ofcourse it wasn't my thing :P

With all due respect to technology and people who got real good friends I like to put forward my views. To me cyber chatting and making friends is like telecalling activity. A telecaller makes 80-100 calls a day picking a databse calls each and evryone and ask if they are intersted in the product or services on offer.same is the case with cyber chatting. You keep on opening new windows saying hi a/s/l etc till such time you get 5-7 windows going simultaneously. Then one try to pick and choose FRIENDS from them. The best part of the show being you dont know what your so called friend is. Is the person on the other side is saying truth about oneself or not? We live a virtual life , enoying the company of anonymys. How a person who doesn't reveal one's true identidy can be a friend. How can secrets can be shared . Its more like a window to vent out our emotions which by any fear or lack of confidence remains within us.Knowlege Pool

I know this is probably spam and will get delted. But i wanted to maek a point

Posted Image

a image can say what thousand words can not. I think you have closed the debate by putting this pic in. this is what i was trying to put across.Chat rooms are like fire you can use it for cooking food and you can burn your hands also. And I firmly belive more people are buring their hands than making proper use of it.A wrong move can shatter you emotionally and psycologically.

LOL becca yu are right net relationships are kinda sad. I remember when my friend said she had a friend but i didnt believe her until she made me come with her to meet the guy for the first guy. He was to to seen by his shirt which said mike loves ria (ria is my friend and mike is the internet dude) it turned out he was the lovely person she thought he was and he had lied about pretty much everything. He was 19 instead of 13, was not an usher lookalike (i dont think this really matters) and he was only trying to get a leg over her. Its a sick world we live in and you would be helping yourself to trouble if you enter one of these internet chatrooms unless youve met him and he is everything that he has said.

I don't think relationships on the net are the best idea, especially for younger children. But the thing is, there are so many people who have fallen in love on the internet... it's too many people for me to just dismiss it like that.

I don't know is it lame to find somebody on the internet, while you chat... not girlfriend, boyfriend just somebody you like. Somebody who is like you, who thinks like you and you are having a great time talking to this person.I've met that type of person online and I'm glad that I talk with him first time, because there is now a year past by and we are friends now to, we know each other so well that we don't have to say nothingand we know what the other thinks, feels...I think that there is no rules which are telling us where to find a friend or a date, no?I don't seeany problem in that if somebody finds a partner on the internet f they are happy, maybe it isn't natural but is anything natural today?!? :lol:

I used to frequent chat rooms quite a lot. I am 46 years old and funny enough I used to get quite a few people, (presumably females) wanting to meet me in person for all sorts of reasons. I never misrepresented who I am or my age, but still I used to get these approaches. It's not always the "sick old man" that starts things, but I'd think I have to agree that most times it is. I never followed through with any of these advances and would never even consider doing so, I am happily married. My wife used be concerned that I'd go to the chat rooms and I think she thought I might be having an "online affair", which as I stated above, I was not. In the end I stop going to the chat rooms because I was sick of the advances and just plain idiots in there, but more than that I wanted to my wife's mind at rest.On another note, in the chat rooms I spoke to quite a few people that progressed to real life relationships from their online relationships, some even married. I have to say, most of them failed quite quickly. I don't think you can truly know a person from talking to them online.Being the age I am, I was into the "CB radio" thing when I was young. This was very similar to the chat rooms of today, with the same type of outcomes. People would talk to each other on CB, (age and sex was harder to hide of course) then meet in real life and be very disappointed. It seems things don't change much over time.

online dating i guess is the easiest way to get a date nowadays , whether it will work out or not is something else and also depends on what you have on your mind exactly , as for finding a partner or to love some one i really dont think i will go for an online date because in order to love effectively we need to love by our five senses ,so you can guess which one of your senses are in action when you are chatting or dating online :P no online dating for me :lol:

I think through proper sites like match etc. then you probably can find lots of genuine people, because the internet is all about communication. However there is always the chance that you could pick the 'bad apple' so to speak. Especially in chatrooms-when I was younger I used to visit them and it was mainly people looking to 'cyber' and not to chat. So i stopped visiting them. I had an internet boyfriend when I was about 13, but it didn't last very long because I don't feel like I can feel 'real' love just over the internet and I was 13 and stupid.

I think its a great way to make other types of friends, sort of not real friends. Unless it turns out they live near your area. I dont think a relationship would work out in online dating, though I saw this case (..on tv) once where this lady met someone over the net and they fell in love, she was dying because her kidney was failing or something like that and it turned out that the person she fell in love with, donated his kidney to her and it just happened to be compatible with her body. So after that they got married and lived happily ever after..... Their ages were around their 40 almost. I seriously think that teens getting married online and stuff is just another way to kill time.

I don't know whether this is spam or not or if tis in the right place all I want is to know what people think about Online dating?I myself actually think it is ridiculous and sad. I'm not being mean but some people go to chat rooms to find a supposely online "boyfriend slash girlfriend" not to chat to... but like just to say they've had a boyfriend or something weird like that.
When I was 8 I did this thing, but people 13+ are doing it as well. What is the deal to it?
I mean how could someone actually keep a relationship without seeing them? You probably can, but I certainly can not. I think most people may disagree with me :lol:

Sorry if I've offenced any "net" relationshipped people.

There is nothing wrong with Internet dating
I mean I have done it before and one time it lasted for 4 months

I have cybered online bfore, but that was when I was like 11 years old, but I never really toke it seriously seriously. I would tell two of my closest friend about him and we would like email him and I don't was only 11, so I don't really remember much ( four years from now ). And I've met stupid people who I would talk for only a mintue or so, and they would say I'm beautiful ( and I didn't even show them in my picture ) or they would say they love me. i hate nowdays how everyone would use the three words so carelessly, but anyways, that's getting out of topic.I'm not trying to be mean, but this is my opinion. I think that online relationships are really stupid, I think people who are into it is desperate... no offence or anything. I had a friend who was dateing online, and I used her why would she even do that, and she was so dedicated to him and everything. We don't even know if hes real or anything. He could be like 43 years old man, when he said he was 17 years old. This shows to me how desperate she is, because of her appearance, she believes that noone would want her so she dates a guy on the internet... and that's her first boyfriend. I think I know that she actually felt love and everything, but that ain't love, its lust. How could people fall in love with each other with just words? Yeah, words do have lots of meaning to it, but without knowing what the person truly looks like, talk like, acts like, and etc like... love involes touching, feeling, and know what that person looks like. I think it's alright to do this for fun and all, but don't take this too seriously, because s/he probably lied about everything.