xisto Community
Becca

The "cyber" Thing Relationships on the Net

Dude, Johnny, Becca is like 14... You're 17, wouldn't that make you a pedifile? Lol... just kidding lolYou can love someone over the internet but you can't "LOVE" them. It's just to hard to truely "LOVE" someone when you don't know what they look like, what they sound like.You can't think someone his hot because there account name isHotChick001 with a level 99 sorceress wearing the hottest gear ever. No. Basically I think your falling in love with the persons account name. LOL!

Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

Dude, Johnny, Becca is like 14... You're 17, wouldn't that make you a pedifile? Lol... just kidding lol

You can love someone over the internet but you can't "LOVE" them. It's just to hard to truely "LOVE" someone when you don't know what they look like, what they sound like.

You can't think someone his hot because there account name is

HotChick001 with a level 99 sorceress wearing the hottest gear ever. No. Basically I think your falling in love with the persons account name. LOL!

170119[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm that new kind of pedophile that stalks people halfway across the world. :D

Nah, I hope you guys know I'm just joking. I mean, I like Becca and all, but yeah...just good friends. :D

And the rest of what you said is true. You can't just assume things about people....you have to actually get to know them. And even then, they may be fooling you from the start. :D

Although I think cyber dating is not for me, I don't make fun of the ones who do it. If they are pleased with it, good for them. I prefer to think it's just another opportunity for people to "interact". A friend of mine met a girl over the Internet and they've been dating in real life since then. They're a happy couple. :D

The thing that bothers me about internet relationships is that they rely completely on trust. You don't really have any assurance that what the other person is telling you isn't a lie. That 13-year-old boy could really be a 45 year pedophile. There's just not really any way of -really- knowing who you're talking to. And I don't think anyone is really completely honest online. We've all probably lied about our age or location, or other facts when it comes to forums and chatrooms. I don't understand how anyone could put so much trust in someone that they've never met and have no reason to trust. People can be totally fake on the internet, which can be a good thing, but isn't good for people seeking real romantic relationships.

Yeh exactly. Being FRIENDS online is o.k but dating and doing the online dirty stuff is proper wrong.And I agree with what pensive-muse said.. For all I know Johnny could be THAT 45 year old paedophile (and good heavens spell the god damn word right :P ) ... oh yeh who even said we were friends -_- lol jk. ONLINE DATING SUCKS if you want to try it, go ahead and have some fun.. Just remember that it isnt't real and you might be dating a whole bunch of lies. You COULD be in for an adventure and a bit of fun but you COULD also be in a lot of danger..

Yeh exactly. Being FRIENDS online is o.k but dating and doing the online dirty stuff is proper wrong.

And I agree with what pensive-muse said.. [1] For all I know Johnny could be THAT 45 year old [2] paedophile (and good heavens spell the god damn word right -_- ) ... [3] oh yeh who even said we were friends -_- lol jk.

ONLINE DATING SUCKS if you want to try it, go ahead and have some fun.. Just remember that it isnt't real and you might be dating a whole bunch of lies. [4] You COULD be in for an adventure and a bit of fun but [5] you COULD also be in a lot of danger..

172061[/snapback]

[1] I assure you, I'm far from it. I'm really 17, I'm really in California. My name is REALLY Johnny Rockett. :o

[2] Close, Becca dear. It's pedophile. :o

[3] I will now cry in a corner for the rest of my life.

[4] True.

[5] Not if you don't ever plan on meeting them in real life. :P

I can't see anythink wrong with online dating (and making friends too). You can talk to someone and if you like them CALL them on the phone or meet them somewhere (but BE CAREFULL OK). Online dating should work that way, and those speaking of online marriage or relationship, well, that's bullsheet! Online is for fun, REAL is for even more FUN!

[1] I assure you, I'm far from it. I'm really 17, I'm really in California. My name is REALLY Johnny Rockett. :lol:

[2] Close, Becca dear. It's pedophile. -_-

[3] I will now cry in a corner for the rest of my life.

[4] True.

[5] Not if you don't ever plan on meeting them in real life.  -_-

172559[/snapback]

Uh well excuse me.. in england we spell it as PAEDOPHILE.. you americans spell it differently!

and as to [5] doesn't have to plan a meeting.. you could be stupid and be tricked by the other person into giving your details to them..and they could either do the identity fraud thing..or come looking for you {and then start stalking you}.

Uh well excuse me.. in england we spell it as PAEDOPHILE.. you americans spell it differently!

and as to [5] doesn't have to plan a meeting.. you could be stupid and be tricked by the other person into giving your details to them..and they could either do the identity fraud thing..or come looking for you {and then start stalking you}.

173467[/snapback]

[x] England needs to learn English. -_-

[5] Stupid, key word. :lol:

I think online dating is hilarious. I don't know what it would take for me to resort to those measures. I think I would have to be a guy and totally desperate. I think it's much easier for a girl to find a date, or maybe I just have the confidence that others are lacking. I believe people get so wrapped up in the world wide web that they forget that there is an outside world. I know I spend a lot of time on the computer, myself. Ok, I'll admit it, I've spend 12 hours today on the net, but that's because I was researching tirelessly, and in vain for a free dynamic shopping cart solution. To no avail, I might add :lol: Anyways, back on topic. To each his/her own. If that's how someone decides to find a mate, then more power to them. At least they're not exhanging potentially hazardous bodily fluids when they're cybering (hee hee) -_-

Online dating is weird. Especially on IM. I mean, you can chat with a person about nothing for one or two days and they suddenly fall in love with you 0_o. That happens to me a lot. Or maybe it's the way i chat with them....Anyways, you can't do much online. You don't even know if that person is the gender you think he/she is. He could be 32 and you're 15 or something. That's crazy. My friend met a guy online that she really liked and ended up cybering with him. The next day when she chatted with him and asked "did you like the cyber?" he was like "huh?" Because my friend was actually cybering with his sister and she had no clue. LOL. That's embarresing. Not only that, but you can get over online relationships really fast. At least with me. I liked this guy for two seconds. When he admited he liked me, I was like....whatever. and hated him. But I still talk to him and pretend i like him because I'm not mean like that =PYou can always role play dates XD those are fun...but sometimes it's not fun role playing as your own self. And it's no fun when you live in maryland and the person you like lives in Canada. How will that work out? how do you even know if that person likes you but already has a girlfriend in real life? From my friend's experiances, I've never really wanted an online relationship. So...buu for online relationships.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can never know who's on the other end of the line when you're talking to them. Even when you're talking via webcam, the other person could play a movie of chick on her webcam, and you'd probably would never know the difference.

I think that's how Michael jackson...you know...

And also, ^_^ Cybering is *happy*...come on. Last time I was on an airplane, this guy was from USA, he was flying to Italy to get married to the girl...I asked him how they met, guess what he said???? Internet...They haven't really even met, and they're getting married. Pointless to me...

I think that's how Michael jackson...you know...

And also, ^_^ Cybering is *happy*...come on. Last time I was on an airplane, this guy was from USA, he was flying to Italy to get married to the girl...I asked him how they met, guess what he said???? Internet...They haven't really even met, and they're getting married. Pointless to me...

198667[/snapback]

That's crazy 0_o i'd think that person was stupid if he met that girl online... jeez...

yeah, it's true that you can send videos through webcam to talk to them, or do live video chat. But it's still no fun =/ you can hug, or kiss, or touch that person through video. You can call them, but that's no fun either. I will always hate online dating...

I think it is soooooooo sad that people get girl friends /boy friends on online chat rooms, such as habbo or coke studios. I'll put it into perspective - you are talking to your mates at school... and they bring up girlfriends. Bob says he has had 3, Fred has had 1, and you say you have had 1 too. They ask you who, and you reply, really smuggly: "Oh, she was called hottehchick001 and she was well fit! I met her in my room on habbo!" Imagine the sort of humiliation you would go through if you said that???