xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lava.alt

Consoles Vs Pc

Each has it's own, personally I prefer the PC. A console you don't have to install anything but can't configure anything either. A PC you can change a whole lot of stuff, eg: Mods, maps and other stuff... The Pc i find is more suited for strategy than many others. Likewise a console is better for racing and FPS.Each has it's own games so each is unique. It comes down to what to do you prefer? :)

Consoles-Consoles have very little load time which is propably the largest upside to them. For most consoles(unless you pay extra) don't have online play but you can play with a friend which is also really good. Costs alot for games and the consoles which server no other purpose but to play games, unlike PCs which could also be used for so many other things(word processing, design, drawing, etc....)PCs-Alot of games have long load times(BF2, FEAR, etc) but alot of these games provide online play. MMORPGs are also much more available for the computer then consoles. There are also hundreds of thousands of free games for the computer which makes it alot easier because they're free. Online games for the PC also have a tendency to lag, as do non online games because of memory usage.

The thing is consoles are becoming more and more advanced, and the line is starting to blur between the two. The Xbox was hacked easily enough to play ROMs and run Linux. I reckon it's only a matter of time before the 360 is hacked also, who knows, but in a console generation or two we could be seeing multi-purpose consoles (i.e. machines primarily for gaming and produced in mass quantities, but with the ability to do the mundane computer tasks).Anyway, at the stage it's at now, I reckon it'd have to depend on what games you like to play as to which is better. These days I spend more time on my PC, more for the social aspect - console online gaming is full of brats, and I'm not all too keen on the whole subscription thing with Xbox, whilst the Playstation online system is apparantly utter crap. I use my PS2 occassionally for a quick bash now and then, but I'd have to say that's about it, simply because of the lack of versatility and I have to say to myself "I want to play *this* game", whereas the PC is more like "meh, I'm bored lets see what I can do."

Well I think it depends on what your looking for. If you want better gaming, the gaming consoles do a good job. Computer games though tend to be more strategy and war games (correct me if I'm wrong). The consoles tend to have more action games and a lot of other stuff. Overall, I think the console has the better games, but for everything, the computer wins.

Edited by husker (see edit history)

I like the PC better since I can upgrade a PC easily for your next game if you need to. Cheating on the PC is generally easier too, as you just press tilda to enter a console on most games that allow cheating. The only thing I complain about when gaming on the PC is why Windows Explorer eats so much processor power.

i prefer console gaming becuase i prefer to be able to just buy a game and be instantly playing it without having to install it, and also buying a games console that will last 2 or three years and costs $150 compared to spending far more on keeping a PC up to date

Yeah i prefer PC games to because i feel more into the game and it also has better multiplayer games i think, and i think that the PC also loads a lot faster than most consoles. most PC's also have a lot more games than the consoles and has way better graphics i think

I choose a PC. With it , I can connect to the Internet and meet my friends and I can also play consoles' games on PC with emulators like Gameboy , PSP or Nintendo DS and more. Without a PC , how could I find a great place like Xisto so I think PC is the best console.

Edited by ProtoMan (see edit history)

I think console games are no longer better in graphics than computer games. In computer games, you get 1280x1024 easily with today's SLI graphic cards and CPU. But even an XBox 360 can get to only about 720 sth. Not at all comparable with PC games. In general, the performance is not always better. A first person shooting game can be of 60 fps with newer graphics card, while a TV set with NTSC standards gets only 25 fps. PC games is now much better than console games.

I would have to go for PC all the way if you have a good one. You can do so much more on it than you can do on a consol. But then again consoles are coming out with some pretty awsome stuff.PCs still however can do a lot of what consoles can (other than specific games) and then some. You can play DVDs, connect to the internet, still play games, etc.

Well, I would prefer consoles. In PC sometime when you buy a game it doesn't work. There could be many reasons like you need graphics card, drivers, etc. And you need to have good PC with good memory. Whereas in consoles you just buy a game and put it in, no installation and just play.

In my opinion i think that i prefer a well prepeared pc aldaught the consoles are faster , the Pc has the flexibilty to run an ilimitate number of games, but the games companies are creating his games to run with consoles leaveing the pc styles. In oder side the consoles's jostiks made the fact of playing an easyer thing.

I like my console better becuase it has better graphics at times. It also has more games and more stuff to do in games. A lot of games arent released for PC as they use to. But if you have a good gaming computer it would probally be better on your computer. But if you don't have a lot of space then it really bad becuase one pc game can be 1GB or more.