xisto Community
lhxp

Which languages do You speak?

i speak...let me think...ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i learn french in school but i'm not that good at it. i did german for a few months but i couldn't be screwed to continue so i chose french as the foreign language to learn in school.

My first language is English but I have been learning Spanish at school. I have been learning Spanish for probably four years or so and have become pretty decent at writing it and speaking but it does take some thought and a delay in translation. For the most part I can understand it but it depends on the accent and of course I constantly have to add to my vocabulary but I can understand the main part of a conversation. The true test though would be to try and communicate in a Spanish country. :)

My First and Best language is Telugu, my mother tongue. I love it. English is my second language. I can speak it fluently. My next language is Hindi, national language of our country....I can understand it but I can't speak it. :)

My first language is English but I have been learning Spanish at school. I have been learning Spanish for probably four years or so and have become pretty decent at writing it and speaking but it does take some thought and a delay in translation. For the most part I can understand it but it depends on the accent and of course I constantly have to add to my vocabulary but I can understand the main part of a conversation. The true test though would be to try and communicate in a Spanish country. :)

A great way to test and improve your Spanish is this: go through all your movies and watch the ones that have Spanish dubs in Spanish! And if you don't have the energy for that at least put on Spanish subtitles because you will always pick up a word or too that way. Listen to a lot of music too. If you want to see Spanish songs I've got about 50 favorited on my youtube account, just search for codyjb8 and look at my faves. Buena suerte!

^ Ooh, I am going to try that too. I am learning Spanish at school and I have improved so much. I have learned it for three years, this is my fourth year. Think like this: I could barely say some sentences in English after I had learned it at school for three years (so I was eight years old), and when I think about it I am on an equal level with my Spanish today as I was with my English back then. Norwegian is my mother tongue. We have to learn two different versions at school (these are only written languages): nynorsk and bokm?l. I am doing well with both, though nynorsk can be a little bit tricky. I am able to speak Swedish and Danish, haha, but everyone here can do that. It is similar to Norwegian - and even though I do not know many of the words, I would be able to fake it. I learn a couple of words here an there, haha. I have many friends with different nacionalities at school so they teach me some German, Cantonese, Tamil, Persian, Romanian... you name it. But it is only up to 10 sentences so I do not speak it at all. :) I would love to learn Cantonese! Today at school (in English class) I actually learned how to write "I am hungry" and "one, two, three, five, six, ten".

I speak fluent English and Hindi and am conversant in french and japanese.:)With respect to regional languages I can speak and write in marathi and punjabiBe it bonjour or ohayou gozaimasu, I find learning languages a lot of fun and waste no oppurtunities in getting in a little practice, annoying to some of my friends.:)

I can mostly speak English and Italian, not so good at French to be honest. I am not really fond on that language as I hate the French really. :) Alot of people have their opinions on weather they like or dislike certain languages.-Sky

I speak:
1- English
2- Chinese

What about you?

Dear friend from my child hood I was very fond of learning new languages as my father was having full knowledge ( that is speak, read, write) about seven languages and due to which I developed this hobby of learning new languages. Which in turn lead me to learn the following languages:-

Malayalam

English

Sanskrit

Hindi

Urdu

Punjabi

Tamil

I am still trying to learn new languages and hope for the best to learn more languages in the coming years. All the languages mentioned above are the one which I know in full that is ( Read, Write, Speak). Wish me luck to learn more new languages. 

English :) But I'm a Filipina, so Tagalog. But I'm 50% Chinese, so I know some Chinese (not enough to read newspapers, watch Chinese series or other complicated stuff though!) And since I like watching anime and even bought a book on learning Japanese, I know some Japanese phrases, and a little in grammar :)

So you're Chinese too? :D

I speak English, Hindi, Marathi and Spanish.

Recently I joined a course in spanish and I think it has done me good! I am thinking to devote some more time to learn advanced level of the language.

I can Speak/Write/Read these languages : :)International:- English- German Local/Regional- Marathi- Hindi- Sanskrit- PunjabiI'm planning to learn japenese soon, let's see if i can get time to learn that. BTW, anyone speak/read/write "Spanish"?

I speak:
1- English
2- Chinese

What about you?

as i am from india,,i speak
HINDI- MY MOTHER TONGUE
ENGLISH - BRITISH
regional languages----
bangla,
bhojpuri
telugu
oriya

you know,,we have more than 50 languages across india,
when you travel from north to south,you even won't be able to understand their language.