xisto Community
alicia91

Laptop Computers What is the best laptop computer brand?

I just purchased a hp pavilion and so far it is working well. But it depends on what your buying it for acer is okay for gaming, mac is good for music but it can be tricky to use and hp is good for all the above so it just depends on what you want it for 

What laptop brand should I buy?Laptop Computers

You like a laptop for downloading (music and movies) you must buy the Toshiba Satellite A300 series or Toshiba Satellite P300 series for more bigger screen... I have the Toshiba Satellite A300-1GN, I love it... The design ... Performance... The sound quality... Everything I love on the laptop...

The Sony Vaio and the Apple are good but if you want a laptop for every day... I don't recomend this laptops...

Dell is good but the design looks like that was made in 80's ...

The Toshiba it like the Mercedes or like the Ferrari ... It have Style, Design, and awesone perfomance... I hope that you choose the Toshiba..

Kind Regards

Sanjay Kumar Motichande

I don't really know about laptops but I do have one, Acer 4520. I'm buying a new one since it's already dead. So I just want to say, Don't buy Acer :P

Acer Aspire one minilaptop reviewLaptop Computers

I recently bought Aspire one with monitor of 8.9 inches, intel atom processor,1gb ram, 120 gb hard disk but no cd/dvd drive.It came with winxp home sp3.I also installed Ubuntu 8.10 in dual boot with xp. I was also able to configure BSNL EVDO wireless broad band on both winxp and ubuntu. The laptop is very good, just like a diary,a small bag is sufficient to carry it.It has a comfortable key board.Good monitor even though I wish acer would have provided higher refresh rate(monitors refresh rate is Sixty should have been more for better eye comfort).

Excellant value for money a I bought it only for INR 17600 in Nagpur.

-reply by Ravindra

I have been an avid laptop user for about 8 years now.  I started out with an HP Pavillion laptop;  didnt like it.  I ended up selling it.  Then, in 2005, I decided to try Dell.  I had heard great stories about Dell laptops.  My wife had decided to buy me one for my Christmas and birthday present, since my birthday falls about 3 weeks after Christmas.  She bought me a Dell Xps M140, which I still have.  And although Dell told me that the laptop would be compatible with Windows Vista, which was coming out the following year, the fact is that it was not very compatible with Vista at all. And Dell had refused to take it back for an exchange.  Dell didn't really lie to me, as it would work with Vista, but just would work with Vista Basic, not the other versions.  So, a few months later, we decided that I could get another Dell that was compatible with Vista.  So I got a Dell Inspiron E1505, which to this day is a top-notch laptop.  Just a few months after that, I decided to get the new Dell Inspiron 1520 in an attempt to get a laptop that was compatible with Vista 64 Bit version. I sold the E1505 not long after I got the 1520.  The only thing that wasn't compatible with 64 bit Vista on my 1520 is the graphics driver.  Dell said that for that particular graphics card, an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M, the 64 bit OS wasn't supported.  It has beena  never-ending journey in attemting to get a laptop that supports Vista or XP 64 bit.  I have yet to manage to get one.  Anyway, aside from that, Dell laptops have been extremely great laptops.  I love them  and also love the way Dell will send out replacement parts providing the laptops/ destops are still under warranty.  In that area, no computer manufacturer has even gotten close to being in the same class as Dell.  I love my Dell laptops and desktop. My newest laptop, a Fujitsu Lifebook T1010 tablet, is also just as top-notch.  I have yet to need to request any parts from Fujitsu.  I heard through Consumer Reports that Fujitsu rates right up there in second place for pc manufacturers, falling second only to Mac laptops.  On a 1 to 10, lowest to highest scale, Mac laptops ranked 9.2 and 9.4 while Fujitsu laptops ranked 8.4 and 8.6.  Just recently, I reasd where Fujitsu laptops have even climbed in the Number 1 spot, ranking at 9.2 and 9.7.  Mac laptops have just recently fallen to second place, just behind Fujitsu.

Well, to sum this up, the best laptops for me are a definite tie between Dell and Fujitsu.  I love these laptops much more than I even care for HP's.  Sony would have had a high score ranking with me,  but I found out the hard way, that Sony does Not honor their warranties on their products, namely their computers.  I also found out that Sony in fact teaches their tech support staff to give false reports on laptops and computers that have been sent back to them for repair or replacement, and they have been trained to give false statements that it is in fact the owners' faults allways that the computers have quit working or have become defective, which violates their warranty. I have also witnessed this firsthand with a Sony Vaio laptop that I own and still own even to this day.  It is because of their refusal to honor their warranty Twice with my Sony Vaio laptop, that I have boycotted my house and my family from buying another Sony product.  And I also share mys tory with all of my friends and other family members, who also, based on my story and bad experience with Sony, as well as my research on how Sony trains its tech staff to give false reports,  that all of my friends and family members have also boycotted Sony, and also refuse to buy Sony products again.  And I will share this story about Sony anytime and every chance I get, until they contact me and honor their warranty and get me up to speed with my Sony Vaio.  I also plan to do public speaking on thisw against Sony, and have scheduled some times and places of where I will speak on this.  I used to be a very faithful Sony product buyer, and it was always Sony stereos, etc... That I would purchase.  But now Sony and their fraudulent ways have turned me into a pure Sony Corp. Hater.  With all of this said, Sony computers rate the lowest of low in my opinion.  So buying a Sony computer is definately Notm recommended.

Thanks for listening, and for reading my report on laptops.  If you are considering or even planning yur first-time laptop purchase or even your next laptop purchase, I very strongly and highly recommend either Dell or Fujitsu.  Not only do they provide you with the highest quality laptops and computer systems,  but with these companies,  you definatel get the best deal for your money;  the best that your money can buy.  And in this day and time of recession and need to hold onto any and every dollar that we can make, it is only very smart that you buy the high quality for less, rather than paying for a brand name and receiving the lowest quality.  Thank you! 

Go for DellLaptop Computers

Go for Dell Computers, especially loptops, I had mine D500 for almost 7 years now, never experience technical problems and difficulties. Still running excellent. Parts are sold cheap. Not like sony loptops, which I had, bugs down, only 4 years, sells parts expensively too. 

-reply by Peter

HP and Gateway are the best!!

But a latop isnt just about the brand or design is mostly about what you are looking for in a laptop

Macbook/apple; your just buying the name  and ao the design. Plus a Macbookisnt that great!!

Dell; is ok, but its alot of money if you want a really good one, and some people don't have that money...Like me! xD

HP; is the best...Its fast it is just everything plus if you were into the design..All of the HP designs are slim and SEXY xD

Gateway; it might sounds like a cheap brand but really there the best. And really not that cheap but I wanted the est laptop I could get witjh $700 and my laptop was $699.99 so yea!!

I have a gateway, and its awesome but then anything I can never ask for..It has everything you need!

plus you know what else is awesome is...Tablets my best friend as one its awesome cause I love doodling on the screen!! its fun, trust me

I'm not a pro at laptops but this is what I think...I just went to my local best buy and they commented that the gateway was the best then the HP for the amount of money I had with me!! so yea just don't choose just cause me or someone else said something just go to where you woul be the laptop andask them what they think is the best!!

ComputerLaptop Computers

If you want a PC (windows) based computer then Dells are your best bet, However if you don't care whether its PC or not then I would go with a Mac. Its true that macs cost more but that is because you start off at better quality components and bigger drives. Allot of PC laptops start you off at crappy specs that would be OK if you don't plan on doing anything ever with your laptop. The problem with PC's does not lie in there construction but in the programing, Windows based computers encounter tons of errors due to shotty Programing, Microsoft admits to allowing these defects to pass threw so they could be corrected later in a new OS. Where as apple doesn't do this. Now Apple has superior care and the only computer company I know of that you can get an extended warranty for up to 3 years after your one year warranty expires that covers your computer. Not to mention that macs are not as susceptible to viruses and Trojans as Windows based programs are. Macs are also Superior for video editing as well as graphic design and they are beginning to become a power house in the gaming world as well with more powerful graphics cards. My last major point would be that Macs don't have all the complicated functions and hidden programs that windows programs seem to have, and it is a fact that windows runs better on a apple computer than any other computer out there, and mac makes it extremely easy to switch from one system to the other, and even run both simultaneously. 

Apple just upgraded me from a macbook to a macbook pro for free because I had some issues with my hardrive (I had gotten a bad Hard Drive). The positive thing for PC's is the huge array and availability of software for it, macs are catching up, but still have some ways to go. Hope this helps you!

-reply by christopher

Best Laptop BrandLaptop Computers

I  have an asus M60VP and it has 2x500GB hard drives and 4gb of RAM plus a free upgrade to windows 7 wen it comes out so when buying a laptop ASUS is the best. Plus type in dell quality on google and most of the reviews are bad.

ASUS is the best ONELaptop Computers-for me the best and top 1 brand in laptop is Asus, bec until n0w my laptop is working properly same as new one. It has already 5 years old, the 2nd one is Dell to my brother, and the bad brand laptop HP, for my little brother-reply by LiOnHeArT

I don't know why, but I prefer Samsung, as it's a good brand and I've seen a lot of laptops by Samsung, they usually cost more, but it's not like you're going to throw it away after some time or that it will break in some way, Samsung is a brand from South Korea, which is not China and usually they don't manufacture a device and send to some country which ordered it, a phase of different quality testing is in a stage. I know this, because one company I know works with Samsung devices, it's not like with ordering something from China company, where you get it fast, say that thats bad, that doesn't work that doesn't need to be like that and you ship it back, wait till they fix it, also fast and again test it yourslef for your needs. With Samsung it takes about half year, which in my opinion is good, that they test their products before offering them.I mean everyone tests their products, but Samsung is quite strict about it, that's usually the reason they need to sell it a bit with more cost. My friend works in a computer selling business and in the guarantee group they fix a lot of Hp's, Acers and Dells and know most of them, what's inside and what is the problem with different models.Maybe it's because Samsung or maybe even Toshiba market here is not as big as Asus, Dell or Acer they need to fix less of those laptops, but sometimes paying more can make you a little happier.. :PI'm not say that Dell or Acer is bad, it's just depends on the model I guess, when offering, I always try to read reviews and ask some of my friends advices to pick or to which offer to another friend, when somebody asks me which one is better.I've also heard from a lot of whom that Lenovo laptops are really good :P

according to my experience no other brand is better than dell. Dell is best amongst all pc brands once u will use it u will feel it has gr8 speed, good customer service ,good affordable price..It is an american company and as we know Americans have best in that...Dell has good easy functions relating to other pc jus close your eyes and buy dell..Surely u will remember me... 

-reply by gautam

There is no such thing as a best computer or laptop with the number of options available. In the model series you also will have to choose from the additional features or modifications as well as it will cost you differently. When I went to buy my first laptop I looked for the look and feel of the laptop but soon I realized that the looks is not all that mattered. Then of-course the components will be important and I decided for a laptop with a reasonably loud sound output so that I can hear my movie audio clearly. Then the choice of bundle software or the software the hardware will be able to run gave a restless evening. I had another problem later to decide was the availability of a service center in case there was a breakdown.Once I settled down and pinned for a model I soon found that it was missing on other criteria. Soon I realized that the battery backup and the portability was important as well as I will have to take my laptop to college often. Even though I had a fair budget none of the laptops fitted my criteria in Toto. It now became a gamble of permutation and combination. I wanted to settle for the best but then the model will be obsolete soon. When I looked for the features the laptop became heavy. Soon I realized that there is no perfect laptop as the requirement only justifies which laptop is the best.

well from my own experience beeing using lenovo for 5 years ( actually have two at home), you wont believe they are smooth working perfectly as new, some thing else u wont believe is the battry, still holds 3 hours. well if is not because of the lenovo perffect job, then I was just lucky to pick up the right ones. I had toshiba before , every thing was ok, but it overheated alot and didnt last one year, hence not buying that brand anymore.

good luck with your search

-reply by passingbyguy