xisto Community
alicia91

Laptop Computers What is the best laptop computer brand?

I beg to differ.Laptop Computers

I beg to differ.  I have seem many problems with many dells and HP's.  I work at a computer and technology help desk and I see problems all day long.  When it comes to my personal computers I have had a gateway, toshiba, HP, and a dell.  The gateway was the best so far.  I am getting a macbook pro in 2 weeks.  I have used many of them and they are by far, in my opinion, the best brand... Ever!  They have amazing specs and one of the best designs I have ever seen.  On the other hand they are a bit more expensive.  And about now Dell is fairly expensive for their good models.  Actually they are about the same as some macs, accept have many more problems and not as good of performance.

I will never buy Hewlett Packard/Compaq again; my co-worker says itLaptop Computers

Don't think that just because it is a Blue Chip company, its products are reliable.That may have been true 50 years ago. But going by the way corporations are run today, in mercenary shark-like fashion, that is no longer the case. In fact, if anything, the opposite is true. Big publicly listed corporations that aggressively run after profits act like robbers, robbing any which way they can get away with, and they produce the most SLIPSHOD products.

In this regard, don't BUY HEWLETT PACKARD/COMPAQ laptops! My Hewlett Packard laptop konked out from defective manufacturing three years after I bought it. The first two years, I hardly touched it. And the customer service was infuriating and incompetent. From what I read, others' experience with Hewlett Packard customer service is a NIGHTMARE. They victimize their customers. I thought it was only me. But a co-worker of mine said she had a Hewlett Packard too, and it "sucked." Needless to say, she no longer buys Hewlett Packard. I will never buy another Hewlett Packard. I know it is an inferior product.

I hear that Sony, Toshiba are the higher rated ones. I heard Dell has nightmarish customer service, so I will stay away from them too, if there is better out there.

laptop computerLaptop Computers

I'm studying computer graphics and animation, and I need some help choosing the right laptop for this major 

is mac good for animation ? 

-reply by nizar