xisto Community
alicia91

Laptop Computers What is the best laptop computer brand?

I have a sony vaio and I love it dearly.I did alot of research and this thing is solid rock performance 4 hours battery life!1.73 ghz dual core intell 1 gig ram 160 gig hd dvd burner Win Vista..ect .Futureshop-Julian

I think Toshiba is the best for making laptops. You know they are the founder of laptops, their laptop are very reliable, smart and offcourse pretty cheap. You can see their sit ie (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). Currently I am using Toshiba Tecra M9 Laptop . It's great, I don't believe it's display is so much clear, it's duo core processor making all the processes faster than ever, it's Enhanced battery make it more reliable. So I recommend Toshiba Laptop for you. It will be better for you.-Mohsin

I think that toshiba and hp are the best laptops because I have a hp laptop and my sister has a toshiba laptop and they both work very well and both laptops are very reliable. toshiba might even be a bit better because it is one of the oldest laptop brands.-Jordan

Everybody will have their opinion but statistically IBM are the #1 in laptops .. after using IBM thinkpads you will not want to touch a dell or hp

I bought USED Sony Vaio and Fujitsu Siemen laptops. Both worked wonderful even though they were used! I never had any problems with them and only had to replace them due to two accidents; water spill and lightening strike. As far as Gateway, I would stay away from them... my mother had one and it was always messed up. Sure she had a two yr warranty but who cares if you have to use that warranty every couple months and drag the pc down to get it fixed. Then warranty ran out and now she had to fix it on her own dime. Gateway I am VERY disappointed in you!! NOW, I worked in a library and they had several Dells. They seemed overall to work fine but I still had to call (in my opinion) a little too much for our tech guy to fix them. Now I am looking for a new laptop and after research I am choosing either a Sony or Toshiba. Most likely I am going for a Toshiba. I just saw two at Walmart now and one is around $500 the other $900. Both have enough RAM and HD to be more than enough for me!-Renee

With ten years exp. in repairing laptops I would have to go with IBM. Lenovo Ibm has the best built and configuration than all the other brands. Their keyboards are superior and love those ultrabays.Very hard working machines and will outlast other makes..like the ever-ready battery bunny..."keep on going" There is a reason why big business always go for Lenovo IBM. It's rare to see a big company sign a deal with HP or Toshiba. I own several laptops and I prefer my IBM over the others.-LouisJ

Toshiba is the best, the reason is that they are a large electronics company in the world...they make and supply electronics components to others...if you see and expansion card you will find toshiba electronics components.

IBMs are durable and outlast other brands, but thats the main reason most businesses choose them over the competition. Having to not buy new computers ever couple years is key to most major businesses. Anyway, if your looking for more of a entertainment type computer, your better off with another one like dell, hp, or sony. As for the gateways...well they're a giant pile of faulty wiring. I'd look at some official researches or reviews.I think there needs to be a place where you could test computers with the software you are going to use to pick the best specs...but whatever.

When purchasing a Laptop always take into consideration what it will be used essentially for. However, it should be noted that one that offers high memory and hard rive capacity is ideal. Other important characteristics to look at is weight, display size, reputation of brand, warranty, price etc.

Which is better for school and graphic design, mac or xps?

Laptop Computers

I will be off to college in a couple months and major in graphic design. I am looking to purchase a laptop for school work and my disgins. So I am going to need something that moves pretty fast and has a good graphics card, the characteristics of a good gaming computer. I have been researching mac and dell but I am open to suggestions, any help?

-reply by Nick Baltazar

Hi, This post of mine is very beneficial and informative, however there are some specific facts or information that I require. If anyone can help me in this matter then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

I want to buy a laptop computer which one is the best?

Laptop Computers

I don't know any thing about laptop computers and I want to have one, what type of laptop computer is the best. Please tell me details of laptop computer with there purpose.

Thank you in advance

Yours getnet

-reply by Getnet Kassa

good "graphics" computer

Laptop Computers

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

One of the best graphics intensive computers out there is going to be HP. They have nvidia graphics cards, which in my opinion of one of the best. Depending on your budget, is the quality you are gonna get. If your budget is low, I would look into a gateway. You probably think gateway is a POS, cuz honestly they use to be. Acer bought them out, and they are one of the best out there now. Look into the acer 1625 for a budget compatible computer that is still rocking. Just because it is inexpensive, does not mean it's a cheap computer.

If you aren't looking for a particular brand, then find a computer that has an AMD Turion processor, preferably dual core. They are the fast processors for graphic intensive application and don't **** a battery like crazy. Also I would go for an nvidia graphics card. Best out there as of today is the 8800 series, but the 7000 series is still really good.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions

-reply by Travis

which is better for architectural and design works?

Laptop Computers

Hi, I'm purchasing a brand new laptop soon, but still confused over macbook or a hp laptop. I'm currently doing architecture & design, which requires a lot on graphic works. Which laptop is the best to carry such works?

-reply by jill