xisto Community
Etherion

Have You Ever Felt Like Creating A Game ... And if you have...

homebrewed games like to play on a ps2..... that *BLEEP* would take alot of workc++ would give basic 2d results... if your decent i suppose but im not certain that any homebrew games can even compare to those currently out simply because of lack of resourcesbut yea making a simple game, would be an interest for myselfit would take dedication if you were ever to finish it an i think working with a few people would allow your homebrewed game to be that much better

I think the best way to get started is for you guys to visit

GameMaker

Its a good website and the free software is really easy to use, and now i think they even have 3d support so you can make games like DOOM wothout having to do really complicated programming, awsum eh? If you want to get serious though, this will not be enough and your best bet is taking some sort of online course or maybe an actual course where you have to turn up...

Also, start by learning a program language like c or c++, just so you understand the basics of programming anyway becuase that could just be intreesting as ahobby aswell: PROGRAMMING (OK, i'm starting to sound too geeky for my own good so i'm gonna stop now...)

I want and am going to make a game someday. *is lazy and has four programming books and several other programming languages on her to do list to read and learn, but has barely cracked yet* Ought to read them sometime soon. Anyway, it'll probably be a browser-based or MUD. I might have the beginnings of a plotline for a game worked out, but I'm not sure how well it'd work out. Probably be one of those games no one ever played.

I am seeking a game concept to develop. I have the ability to get the time, skills, resources and energy to develop a game, but I don't have the idea. Many people talk about learning languages in order to get started, but I don't have any ideas of what to program to learn them. Any suggestions would be helpful. If you would like to see your idea developed, please contact me to discuss the possibilities.

Actually I did this while in the Military, I had just finish playing Parasite Eve 2 and for no apparent reason I started creating a script for the thrid game, I think I put about 6-8 pages of characters talkings and FMV sequences. I even had a ending for it as well, but least to say it was just a thought that won't happen. Even though I wouldn't mind a PE 3 game to come out, it was a good series and hard as hell to. When I got Neverwinter Nights for hte Pc I create some nasty looking characters and stuff just to fool around with the aurora system that it uses and fro mtime to time I could create a good background story for a character as well.

Creating games anything like a good standard now is so difficult! I do make some very simple games sometimes, but the graphics are never any good, and I just get bored before ive made anything thats very long or high standard.Im just going to stick with good old web design!

I once built a hockey game in vb .net.It was coming along goodbefore my computer crashed and I lost it. It would take me hours just to program one second of play.I think it's good really that I didn't save it to disc because I'd probablystill be wasting time working on it. It was allright though.

Iv created a Flash Movie based on matrix it took me 6 months for a 15 min movie. Yes its cool but its a waste of time!

Lol. Well i don't think that has been a waste of time. I really respect you for that cause i know how long does it take to make a good flash movie. Maybe you could have sold it to some content website or maybe to that website name stick page which has theme of stick figures. Your talent has sharpened and in future if anyone will tell you to make a video on a topic they want you can easily make it and reap in a lot of money.
If you are satisfied then nothing is waste or else its a complete waste.

Well now heading to the main topic.
I always wanted to make a game from when i was young. It is the same with most of the boys i think. And the reason that i have figured out is that we played a lot of video games and our imagination soared and we always wished if the game was like you wished. You wanted something to be like, this something to be like that. Well i once as my 8th grade project used a software named as game maker to make simple platform game consisting of three levels. The software was pretty simple and easy but with not that much features. Many tutorials and sample games were giving. But i used to play them more then trying to learn from them. Yes i have also made some animations in flash but not taken so much time (6 months). I am pretty proud of my creations and satisfied. It makes me different from people who at my age still learn to use html

hello everyone i also felt that feeling one day i want to create my own game but i am not thatgood in programming because i am just a freshmen student and processing my way to do itsomeday i will create one but i need to do some a lot of work now i have to read books which is boring to do. ^_^i need to search and watch some tutorials :lol:do some of you guys had already created a game? what game is it?

I actually made a game in game maker, it is called "Killerman Kill Them All" Its about a grim reaper that must rekill the spirits of the dead. I meant it to be a minigame with no really big story, like pacman.
You can see a video of it here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by Cold Fusion (see edit history)

I've started getting into C++ programming again as a hobby. I don't have a lot of time to work on anything but I've found I can use it to write programs to help out with my Physics homework. Afterall, if I'm able to write a program to separate vectors into X-components and Y-components that means I understand the work well.I've looked a little into games and how to create those but I'm not quite that far yet.

Haha...There is always a day when gamers think that they could create a better game than the one that they are playing at the moment and decides to make an online game. I know that I've been there. But faced with CSS and C++ programming, Javascript and PHP, I have given up after a week of searching and learning...I was only in my primary schooling in those years... and so I have contented myself with creating a blog that is still in progress and still needs advice (someone answer my threads!) and I have temporarily, if not permanently ditched this dream of mine so that I can learn the basics of web site hosting and making (like a blog) before I come back to that game dream again, if I am ever going to make one...It's actually pretty easy once you get started and have a community. You just have to assigned some people to become admins and moderators, and then you can just ditch the game and let it run for it self...And you can of course, earn from it if you want, or just get enough money to keep up with the hosting and the domain name.But of course, the hardest push is always the start.

Have you even thought of creating a game like an adventure game with your story, a rpg game or even an action one ?
The others who have, what programs or languages do you prefer ?

I am very much eager to do so. But I am not that good in game programming. I have programmed some of them in VB. Basically I am a VB programmer and Website developer in PHP. But I think good games can be made through flash programming. We can get a lot of them to be downloaded online and they are really intellectually made pieaces.