xisto Community
Etherion

Have You Ever Felt Like Creating A Game ... And if you have...

Look at the graphics now of these days...they are way tooo advanced for just a programmer to handle. You have to have a graphic artist and so on. If you were talking about the Ms-DOS days, one man couls solo everything!

Well, not all games have to have the latest trends in graphics, the best sound ever, the best music ever.......

I think that If someone had much talent and much time he could make a very nice sophisticated game... B)
You don't need the best graphics but you need something presentable. If your humans are so badly drawn that they look like chickens,( i have seen this before....in a ..welll...soccer sports game..I won't mention the name..) you will give the user a bad impression.

Same for sound, you don't need the best, but you need something soothing to the ears. It is not easy for someone to solo a ' very nice sophisticated game'.

You could probably solo a flash game or a Java applet, but no way, can you solo a commercial game or something on par with the market products.

Only kind i know how to make is a text-based multiplayer strategy game called promisance.

An example is one at this site. http://www.promisance.org/

Theres no actual graphics or anything so its basically an RPG of words...

Hey creating a game is just not something you jus get to do out of the blue like creating a redirection scripts theres various people involeved with different specialites and most obviously they gonna use different programming languages for different parts and aspects of the game. so if you were thinking of creating a game of your own then i would strongly suggest you stop thinking lol.

It's not exactly creating a game, but there are online games that have server emulators, Ragnarok Online, an MMORPG I've played for about half a year has emulation software which is actually really close to official servers, of course it's only an emulator so you have to actually mod an official client to connect to private servers. Some private servers have actually had 1000+ users online at a time.

Zelda Online was originally a one man game, but they also only have a few sprites, one level, and was probably a rip from Zelda 3.

But then again, if you're talking about the new 3D games, those are near impossible for one person to make.. unless you spent 3-4 years on each stage of the part.

Now, I'd certainly love to make my own game.. but then again, that'd take a whole team of developers.. I'll just work by myself, thank you very much..

The more people, the more of a headache.

Supaflyfrank, do not spam in the forums. All of your responses could have, and should have, been in a single post, not spread out accross multiple entries.*Posts deleted.

java should be a good choice to make game, especially if you are into multithreading and networking kind of games. The java 3D api would also be really helpful in terms of graphics. With all the documentation that there is in Sun's website, it should be enough to get a good start, but it will obviously take a huge amount of time to develop something too sophisticated. I like the yahoo kind of games, simple graphics and sounds, but a huge selection to keep you playing for long periods of time.

java should be a good choice to make game, especially if you are into multithreading and networking kind of games. The java 3D api would also be really helpful in terms of graphics. With all the documentation that there is in Sun's website, it should be enough to get a good start, but it will obviously take a huge amount of time to develop something too sophisticated. I like the yahoo kind of games, simple graphics and sounds, but a huge selection to keep you playing for long periods of time.

This is what Java gets you when you program with it.
You come out with something that is rejected from the Special Olympics.

You come out with the purest source of ugly.

You come out with this.