xisto Community
RUFIOKID

Flying Cars Comming soon

I've seen the first flying car made by an individual. I kinda forgot the name and the car model name :P, but I saw it on Wired Next Fest in Discovery Channel. I can take off like a helicopter and fly like a plane. It's going to be FAA approved soon, I heard. They plan on using it for rescuing people from burning buildings and stuff. There's probably one word I can use to describe it:Cool :P

I really think that in order for these to be made, really good gps and smart computers that dont get viruses will have to be made for them to controll these "cars". I dont think its going to be easy and many people will probably not know hot to drive a manual flying car. Imagine the car computer getting a virus and causing accidents. I dont think it will be easy to survive from an accident like this, so technology really has to be improved before these can come out.

this is all true lol and yeah taht one on bbc looks like a car but its the artical i was more hinting at lol...yeah we need to get computer systems and gps and *BLEEP* so we just tell it where we want to go and it gets us there...also to the magentic feild thing that cant and wont work ever... ever heard of little machines such as this thing to post this message lol its a computer with a super magnet able to cover the world... guess waht it is erased and fried... also try those little hart meter monitor things those will also fail...ok ever seen the movie the core... well part of its is true when the birds and people droped dead instantly... thats about what would happen with this magnetic feild... and yes we already has these propoltion meatheads there called maglines or somtin like taht but germany has a train system on this magnetic strip lol... very fast speeds up to 350 mph or somtin crazy like that

I can't help but doubt that "flying cars" will ever really be used by the masses (at least within the foreseeable future), since cars can get us places reasonably fast, and if it's not fast enough/if roads get too crowded, there are alternatives (subways, airplanes, etc.). It just isn't economically efficient to buy a flying car (since it would use much more power than a land vehicle, meaning expensive new technology and the need of more fuel).

well looks like the prototypes for sale in some magazine somewhere for $3,500,000my news station reported it this morning with the magazine it was a magazine whit shits losd of this type of stuff there was a mini railroad a racecar simulator and some other stuff lol but its like the dream magizine for people lol...

For rich people, that is; noone else can afford a toy like that, and as a result, not enough people will purchase the product to allow the price to drop to a level that very many people can afford, so it will never be a big thing, regardless of how "cool" it may be. As a matter of fact, one could buy a ticket into space via Virgin Galactic for less.

I found out something new the other day there is new flying cars currently being tested and made, it goes around 350 mph and its being made by toyota or honda not sure it has 4 turbines and its comming out in 2010 or 2006 some where in the middle but its really cool looking  :P

146439[/snapback]

now thats sommet ive never heard of before

but i would like a flying car i would save all those traffic jams on the roads

The car is by Moller International, which is alleged a branch of the Moller Corperation. It is not part of any major vehicle corporation; it was, instead, created by Paul S. Moller, a university professor and inventor.

The vehicle itself is called the Sky Car. The website claims that they are making test flights within Davis, California over a "specially constructed lake" that is part of Milk Farm Development.

Popular Science did an article about the Sky Car, although they weren't exactly optimistic about the it. They claimed it was inefficient and probably won't ever be manufactured. Whether or not they were right has yet to be seen, although research shows that the facts don't look promising.

There was a fraud lawsuit filed; Securities and Exchange Commission v. Moller International, Inc. Apparently, Moller sold millions of dollars worth of unregistered stock from his company. In the Statement of Facts, it mentions that the information given concerning the Sky Car is misleading. In fact, it is a prototype in it's very early stages, and there is no proof that it can do what Moller claims it can do.

Paul Moller has apparently been trying to create a working flying car for over fourty years, but has thus far had no meaningful success..

I'd recommend that one shouldn't put too much stock in this project (if any at all). It looks like Moller won't deliver.

Lol, just like the JetSons? hehehe, well, i dont think it is gonna be aany functional in so much time, maybe in a couple of decades people can get more interested on getting a new brand flying car. Cheers!! :P

Can you provide me with a link to a site to verify this information?

If so post it. :P That should have been here. Why just tell us and don't give us any type of photo, or a more detailed explaination.

The car is by Moller International, which is alleged a branch of the Moller Corperation. It is not part of any major vehicle corporation; it was, instead, created by Paul S. Moller, a university professor and inventor.

The vehicle itself is called the Sky Car. The website claims that they are making test flights within Davis, California over a "specially constructed lake" that is part of Milk Farm Development.

Popular Science did an article about the Sky Car, although they weren't exactly optimistic about the it. They claimed it was inefficient and probably won't ever be manufactured. Whether or not they were right has yet to be seen, although research shows that the facts don't look promising.

There was a fraud lawsuit filed; Securities and Exchange Commission v. Moller International, Inc. Apparently, Moller sold millions of dollars worth of unregistered stock from his company. In the Statement of Facts, it mentions that the information given concerning the Sky Car is misleading. In fact, it is a prototype in it's very early stages, and there is no proof that it can do what Moller claims it can do.

Paul Moller has apparently been trying to create a working flying car for over fourty years, but has thus far had no meaningful success..

I'd recommend that one shouldn't put too much stock in this project (if any at all). It looks like Moller won't deliver.

Ok, can you find something on Honda and Toyata making these "Sky Cars"? It seems as though GM, Ford, Mercedes, Chevy, would be the first to come out with something such as flying cars. Such low class cars such as a Honda would be one of the last dealers to come out with something like that.

Sure, it may seem that way, but it's not. This is just a personal fantasy that Moller has been chasing for over fourty years. The reason no large vehicle companies have been working on the concept of flying cars is because they can see it wouldn't be profitable; flying cars would be too expensive/inefficient to bother wasting money on; businesses only put money in what appears to be profitable, and when the costs outweigh the expenses, it's obviously not profitable.

To answer your speculation, the concept of flying cars has apparently been tried by different manufacturing companies for many years. I guess they've just finally realised that it just won't work without some leap in technology that would allow them to have the kind of power that a flying car would need in order to be able to get off the ground and stay in the air for enough time to make the car actually useful for long journeys.
As I've said, commercial airline flights are just much more efficient at the present time.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Last two paragraphs added as per report. If this is in the wrong post, please report again.

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

Yes, agree. But it many of the cars can fly, the road will no longer so crowded. Then the flying cars can still get enough space to take off.

I can't help but doubt that "flying cars" will ever really be used by the masses (at least within the foreseeable future), since cars can get us places reasonably fast, and if it's not fast enough/if roads get too crowded, there are alternatives (subways, airplanes, etc.). It just isn't economically efficient to buy a flying car (since it would use much more power than a land vehicle, meaning expensive new technology and the need of more fuel).

209873[/snapback]