xisto Community
solankyno1

Mozilla Firefox is Best????? I have liked what about you?

For eg instead of outting alt="xxx" for the hover over on a pic u must put title="xxx" which is incorrect (to my knoweledge).

No.

Alt attribute is only used when image can't be displayed (for example for text browser)

If a browser displays the alt attribute in a tooltip, that is a bug.

Tooltips are only done with title attributes

And also Javascript doesnt work properly.

Mozilla has a far better support for javascript than IE...

firefox is the best browser ever but ihas a few prolems like it can't show certain pages or certain flash movies etc and then u have to use IE (and mine is swamped in spyware) which another good thing about firefox it never gets any spyware or adware

No.

Alt attribute is only used when image can't be displayed (for example for text browser)

If a browser displays the alt attribute in a tooltip, that is a bug.

Tooltips are only done with title attributesMozilla has a far better support for javascript than IE...

But about Javascript many scripts that i see dont work on Firefox but intead work on IE like

Dynamic Drives Gradual Image Highlight Script works fine on IE but on Firefox causes all sorts of problems

And as for alt etc. i know but its because evil IE has plagued out minds!

And yeah, do you work for firefox or something?

But about Javascript many scripts that i see dont work on Firefox but intead work on IE like

This must be because there aren't javascript, but jscript, a proprietary language for IE.
Post the scripts here, and we'll see where is the bug...
If there are real javascript, they should work on Firefox.

On other side, all webmasters know that IE has lot of bugs with javascript, and some really important javascript functions are still not implemented in IE...

And yeah, do you work for firefox or something?

No. I'm not good enought...

work FOR firefox?last time I heard, firefox was open source and did not belong to any 'company', so technically you cannot work FOR firefox. <_<unlike some other browser which has a defect ratio of 2 per 1000 lines of code and the development of it is crawling because their programmers have better stuff to write, stuff which they can sell for money...

Hmm well it doesn't show the Cascading Style Scripts that are link from another file....e.g :

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css">

Yes one of those...it doesn't come up right....and I don't think it shows custom scrollbars...Or it wont show on mine I don't know...

And I dont like it when you view sorce and you can't edit the writing because when I preview the websites on my computer that I make it goes all cruddy....never mind....

Anyways I use it because IE is friggin *BLEEP*. It freezes my computer every 3 minutes

I use Mozilla Firefox because I feel secure ; first because main viruses are developed againsi IE ; and as an open source project, we can think that no spy programs stay in it. But, did you to <- snipped -> which stands as the second reply ? why can't we access to this site with FireFox ?}

work FOR firefox?

last time I heard, firefox was open source and did not belong to any 'company', so technically you cannot work FOR firefox. <_<

Of course you can.

There are many developers coding for Firefox, and some are paid for (have you heard about the Mozilla Foundation ?)

By the way, even Blogger recommands Firefox.

I'm having a problem with mine. It says connection refused.

ok i just found out it wasn't firefox's fault it was IE who was doing it. chack under for solution...

Posted Image

Ok i just found the answer to the problem. If it says connection refused try reinstalling internet explorer. For me it worked. There is a probability that your internet explorer has some error that affects mozilla firefox. I reinstalled internet explorer 6 and then restarted. After i noticed that all the programs that had trouble connecting connected without difficulty. This might happen from an upgrade from an older to a newer windows.This browser is so unbelievebly fast you have to try it...

You should try opera because it is a very stable browser that allows you to close it and reopen it and continue where you left off. You can leave your research in half close it and opewn it next day to continue your research it has an amazing temporary memory. It also has a download manager. I recomend it.

Posted Image