xisto Community
kvarnerexpress

Pc Shuts Down After A Few Seconds

I'll try to help ya in this as much as i can...

try when starting ur pc press on F8 before the windows starts loading then select (Last know good configuration)

and see...will it run or no...

it maybe a virus or a worm as others said...

if that game is online so may someone hacked you and putted that virus or worm so it loads when the windows loads to restart it

so try pressing F8 before the windows starts loading then select (safe mode) then scan your computer well with your anti-virus

and try downloading the update for ur from other computer and install it then try scaning again...

Are you sure you really read what he complained about OmArEmAd? he cant even boot at all and his computer is not even recognizing any hardware not to talk of booting into windows. this a hardware problem and not something you can cure with an antivirus.

People in this forum should try to understand the context of any posst before they start saying anything. He is looking for a way to tackle a hardware problem n not a non-booting PC.

Another thing I might wanna add is this, I you still wanna continue using your AMD microprocessor, I would advice you to provide a very good cooling system for the it. One thing some people dont understand is the fact that most games tend to throttle your processor and make it run high, in most cases, at a whooping 100% utilization and that consequently makes the processor to utilize and generate more power. the final consequence is the heating up of the processor and if there is not enough cooling system to withstand the heating, the CPU or the mobo could get fried.

It aint like I hate AMD or that I am anti-AMD, it is just that I dont buy the idea of so many dead processor in their history.

Are you sure you really read what he complained about OmArEmAd? he cant even boot at all and his computer is not even recognizing any hardware not to talk of booting into windows. this a hardware problem and not something you can cure with an antivirus.

People in this forum should try to understand the context of any posst before they start saying anything. He is looking for a way to tackle a hardware problem n not a non-booting PC.

Another thing I might wanna add is this, I you still wanna continue using your AMD microprocessor, I would advice you to provide a very good cooling system for the it. One thing some people dont understand is the fact that most games tend to throttle your processor and make it run high, in most cases, at a whooping 100% utilization and that consequently makes the processor to utilize and generate more power. the final consequence is the heating up of the processor and if there is not enough cooling system to withstand the heating, the CPU or the mobo could get fried.

It aint like I hate AMD or that I am anti-AMD, it is just that I dont buy the idea of so many dead processor in their history.

Yes, Odomike you are right! people here are not reading the problem properly. if he can't even see the post screen, then how can he access to last known good configuration or resolve antivirus isssues.

I am having the same problem and browsing through the net. But my problem is due to different cause. My front usb port had broken and one of pin was bent and touching probably another metal part. I inserted a usb flash drive without even noticing that the port had damaged. Windows froze and i pushed power button to shut down and restart it. Since then problem started and everytime I switch on the machine, it seems everything is going to start fine, like lights come on, fans spin but momentarily it switches off. I cant see anything on the screen. It cant even output bios information or complete the post screen. I doubt short circuit some where but can't figure out. I ruled out the power supply and power switch button cause I tried with another power supply and switch. This could either be cpu or ram or motherboard damaged. I doubt it is the BIOS which has be damaged. What you guys think about this problem? As most of others, I am using AMD system with Athlon X2 64X CPU, asus M2N SLI Delus MoBo and 1GB DDR2 Dual Channel.

step 1.If you're computer made error beeping sound, then it is because your RAM or VGA.step 2.Try to smell your computer parts one by one, is there any burnt smell?change the parts which have burnt smell immediately.step 3.check your cable one by one, is there any bad cable(the rubber is torn off)n.b. some motherboards turn off automatically when get weird electricity voltage or watt, high temperature, etc...and try to close the computer lid(some motherboards uses "detect Casing Interuption") <- maybe it is silly but still possiblestep 4.If you're computer didn't make any sound and still looking good(didn't have burnt smell in any parts), try to reinstall the BIOS(using disk or jumper), than reinstall your computer OS.step 5.try to unplug unnecessary parts(LAN,modem,), only use one slot of RAM,VGA, one HDD -> just use the minimum requirement for your computer to run.if your computer still cannot run, just consider to buy a new one ^^

IM having the same problem with two computers as well lol thats kinda ridiculous I have a msi k7n2 delta-l m-board, athlon 2200, nvidia 256 geforce 5700 I swapped power supplies with the computer I'm on now and it did the same thing I unplugged every thing removed the ram & cmos battery for a while and tried to just boot into bios and after about 4-5 seconds the power just cuts off and I have to unplug the power supply and plug it back in again b4 it it will start again for 4-5 sec... ive tried 3 different video cards two different processors and I swapped the motherboard with a soyo k7ada and same symptom swapped with the ram thats in the computer I'm using right now as well ?? any one got any idea?-Dill

Problem%20with%20my%20motherboard%2Fpci%20slot.

I am having a similar problem but not so similar. I'm also sure that it's so easy to fix but here it is.

I just built my PC a few days ago and everything works fine. That is until I decided to insert a networking PCI adapter into the system. Now every time that I try to turn the cpu on it'll load for about 3 seconds, then it'll shut itself off immediately. But then it turns itself on again. And then shuts itself off again. To keep it short this happens for the duration that the pc is on. I tried updating the BIOS, didn't work. Try downloading new drivers for the pci off the website; also didn't work

Eventually I assumed that the problem was the pci card so I bought a new one. But once I plugged that card in, the same situation happened.

So here's where it gets confusing: when you take out the pci adapter, the cpu runs fine. No problems whatsoever, which is what makes me believe that it's the pci adapter or the pci slot. Also, if you put the pci adapter in, take it out once the cpu loads, and then put it back in again when the OS starts running, it'll be detected by the computer and it'll work fine until you turn the cpu off; in which case the exact same situation happens all over again.

I assumed that the problem is simply the booting sequence since both the pci slot and the pci adapter work fine, but alas, that is the limit of my knowledge at the moment.

I would greatly appreciate as much help as possible for this. I don't wanna go to geek squad for something that can be fixed easily. Please help me.

-dijudgment

fixed the shuts down in a few seconds problem

I had the same issue and this is how I fixed it.

Check your motherboard and make sure all the tiny jumper connectors are correctly connected. These are the connectors from your case to your motherboard. Usually these include power switch jumper, hdd light connector etc. Once I verified all the connectors were properly connected the board worked fine without issues.

Hope this helps.

-Paul

my PC shut down again & again after few seconds of interval.

My pc works properly.I have reinstalled os again after perusing this problems.But here is no prob concerning to the software. But still it creates problem while working on it.I have checked out its hardware too. But still there's no any prob there.No any virus at all.I m not able to find out dat actually what's the prob here.

-Smriti

x2 on that, odomike. Very often if not occasionally I'll read a response that's completely out of the ballpark... usually one-liners that look like people are just either throwing in for credit or just read a couple of lines of the original post and posted whatever came to mind first.

There should be a specific (and not just implied) rule or more enforcement on that... *hint hint* :D

As for the AMD issue, would that be doubly worse than Intel's design as far as heat goes? If I've interpreted correctly, AMD uses an on-chip die that is the equivalent of Intel's northbridge, which is why it can push out single tasks much faster (which is why it's recommended for gaming application) as there is no travel time as with Intel's processors and the need to communicate with the northbridge, which is physically AWAY from the processor (on the motherboard). I would imagine that with this increased efficiency in performance that AMD processors would generate more heat in this way, and it doesn't help that their heat sinks aren't up to the task of cooling the unit as a whole...

Now, with that said, for the original post... :o

Someone said something about the processor earlier... I would have to concur. Trying to follow all the troubleshooting steps that you laid out, process of elimination is saying that the processor that's causing the problem. Maybe it finally gave in. Were you overclocking it at all? (That would have killed the life much quicker than if you ran it at the default, stock clockspeed.) What was the cooling like in the case for 2 years? See if you can put your original configuration back together minus the processor and use another processor of the same socket type to see what happens. If it boots, you've confirmed that the processor is bad. If not... whoa. :D

pc shuts down after few seconds

I read all the replies in this thread and thought it would solve my problem.. It seemed so alike.

A8N-SLI Deluxe

Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2700MHz (for 3 years now..)

1023 MB RAM A-Data 500MHz (2x512)

NVidia 8600GTS @ 770MHzGPU & 2200 RAM DDR3

Spire PSU 500W +3.3v 28A, +5v 35A, +12v 15A, +12v(2) 16A, +5vSB 2.5A

The only way the PC boots is when the ram is in single channel. But.. When I leave the PC turned off for a few hours and then I boot it up it first shuts down as soon as I boot it, after the second retry it shuts down after detecting the HDDs, the third retry it shuts down after displaying the OS choices menu and finally when loading windows vista. In the last retry it boots up fine and I can keep it alive for as long as I want.

When I put the ram in dual channel I get it very very hard to work... It takes tens of retries to get it to boot up in vista. Ram is ok, tested it on other PC, cpu is ok, tested it also, video card is ok, tested it on another mb. I cannot test another PSU and the MB.. For now..

That's it.. I told you before that after a few hours of having the PC off it does these problems... If I turn it off and then on again after a few minutes it works fine. My suspicion would be some components that cool down and must take some time to warm before working fine. I don't know what these components would be in a PC.. Can someone brighten me?

Thanks,

John

-reply by John

Replying to kvarnerexpressthere is no such thing as a ram virus because once the computer shuts off the ram memory is no moreI believe your problem is your processor your processor if you put it in the other computer and it had a defect in it it fried your board nothing you can do

I had this problem with my pc today when my brother shut it down and when I turned it on, it would only stay on for 4 seconds before shutting down.After testing the parts bit by bit I found resetting the BIOS jumper fixed the problem.Maybe the BIOS messed up, well mines working fine now just thought this might help someone cause it never hurts to give it a try.-reply by Morta1ity

PC shuts down after 10 - 60 secs

Its a desktop with

ASUS -P5PE-VM board

It sometimes shutsdown while at bios display or sometimes goes upto the windows startup screen.

I tried removing HDD, DVD drive, RAM, etc etc.

Tried booting with knoppix.

The weird thing is , this same desktop (with same mouse+keyboard) works at my office nonstop for like 150 hours.

I purchased an UPS to see if thats the difference between office and home.

That didnt help. Surge protecters didnt help.

From the same power outlet at home, I have 2 laptops and one another desktop running without any issues..

Only other difference between office and my home is the monitor.

I don't have a spare monitor at home to test.. So I started the pc without connecting monitor. And that didnt help.

Now the only remaining factor is the office is AC and home is non-AC.

From the same power outlet , I have 2 laptops and one another desktop running without any issues..

Something is about to fail or very sensitive in my PC, which couldnt handle the home environment .. I couldnt imagine what else would be different between office and home.

-Alex

-reply by Alex Rayan

PC shuts down after brief few second powerup

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

I was googling similar issues. My machine had the same characteristics and could not figure out what was going on. I replace the power supply about 1 yr ago and was thinking of doing the same thing again. I unplugged everything and took the side panels, brought it outside, used a air compressor to remove all the dust, etc.

That took care of the problem. I believe that some lint/fuzz ball was shortcirciuting one of the boards. What an inexpensive fix!

-reply by Gerry