xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
googlue

Best Content management system? PHP Nuke, Post Nuke, mambo....????

I Think PHPNuke Is very Nice Portal CmsIts Very Easy to Install and very nice To Edit and manage Siteand Its Easy to Work I Like Work PHPNUKE Because PHPNuke support Multi Lan But PHPNuke Doesnot have nice Template

I think phpBB is the best. It's easy to install, easy to manage, and really easy to customize if you're into modding forums. It's pretty fun too, you can experiment with it without worrying about destroying your forum (just as long as you have a backup), lol, and it's really straight forward.

I find this topic swaying from what a good content management system is to all the forums available.phpBB, phpNuke etc are all forums.CMS are like Subdreamer, I have my favourate reserved.

I ahve used Joomla before and i think it rocks.One thing i liked about it was the way you upload the mods and stuff..no hustles! that is really smart.I then moved to dolphin because i wanted to start a huge community and joomla could not offer the same features of a really full-blown community.I've heard lots about php-nuke..i have never used it before but it sure sounds interesting. Mambo was once married to Joomla so to me there isn't much difference but i hear Mambo is now really lagging behind joomla.

I find this topic swaying from what a good content management system is to all the forums available.phpBB, phpNuke etc are all forums.
CMS are like Subdreamer, I have my favourate reserved.

Phpnuke isn't a forum base, it is a CMS. It does have forums built in(phpbb) but it is primarily a system for content.

I find Joomla to be much, much better though. So much more you can do with it, so many more things and options. Not to mention it looks better!

The only issue I'm finding with Joomla are that two of the things I want from phpnuke aren't in it and I'm having issues finding addons...

1)A download list(people can list programs they like w/ a download link - freeware and stuff)
2)A way for people to review movies, games, etc. and post those on the site by themselves

Those were two big parts of phpnuke that I miss, but if forced to I can live without them, :P.

In my opinion Joomla is Best CMS. It can be used as Portal, News, Community and many types. It is also open source CMS. You can do lots of things with it. It has large online community to support you. There's lots of Joomla extensions to customize your website. So my vote is Joomla/Mambo. If you want to Forum one Phpbb is best. and For community Drupal.

Joomla is pretty good. But for some reason I feel that Mambo is a tad faster than Joomla. (I may be wrong)I tried Drupal too but it did not seem too powerful for the kind of application I was using. So, the bottom line is any stable version of Content management system should be fine as long as you know what you are doing. Moreover pick the content management based on your website.

Yes, Joomla is the best!1. It is open source and free2. It have a big library of Addons and Templates3. It can be used for business, portal, news, corporate, professional, service provider websites.4. It can be customized as you like, to fit your needs5. It is not warez, because it is open source, as I said6. Is is fast, reliable, and easy to learn it7. It is safe, secure...

I know mambo, joomla, which I believe in my humble opinion very simple to use for each user that has no programming experience or who has little. However, even and phpnuke wordpress, xoops, drupal and are also simple to use but with fewer forms and communities behind. But I would catch your attention on a system that I knew from "RainbowPortal" little that seems more suited to my needs. Why should I create a portal that allows me to interact with users, and all modules should also be customized by users. Should then create pages optimized for search engines and above should create the folders and pages so that we can draw inside of the links that already have under my actual server setting and folders. All complemented by multi virtually every form must also be customized permissions. Everything should be in ASP, but even if it exists in php or another thank you so much anyway.

I'll suggest you to use Wordpress , since it has a friendly interface and a lot of features *plugins* that'll help you increase your website ranking and traffic , also it's an open source script *Free=Nada*.You'll find a lot of Free themes on the internet , so don't you worry about the design !Good luck finding the best CMS

To be honest joomla and drupal are not that user friendly. Wordpress textpattern on the other hand are much userfriendly. Habri which started as cut-strip cms is also user friendly. joomla and drupal has lot of usage and are preferred for commercial websites as well. But i think of it as more of hard for users, less friendly.

Hi!I have been hearing good things about Feather CMS, but I haven't been able to find much information about it. It is a traditional CMS system at the core but it does support blogging and polls right out of the box. I haven't seen much information on their website, but have known Feather CMS based systems to handle very heavy loads due to their efficient caching mechanism.Feather CMS claims that it has one of the simplest interfaces among content management systems but because I have not used Feather CMS, I can either refute nor support that statement.WordPress has a very small learning curve for both administrators and developers. You can upgrade the system and install plugins without having to leave the web interface. The WordPress plugin directory lists pretty much every free plugin under the sun and as PHP source code isn't compiled, the source code is available for modification and re-distribution under the GPL license.Drupal is pretty simple too, but doesn't have as large a user base as WordPress. Joomla is a bit more complex in terms of development and administration but you just might end up with a more structured system with Joomla.