xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
googlue

Best Content management system? PHP Nuke, Post Nuke, mambo....????

Hi!What is the best content management system in your opinion?I have looked around and it is very confusing...Since I am planning on an education site, I want to go for the best open-source system that is easy to handle and has plenty of features...Can you please suggest?Thank youGooglue!

I think Php-Nuke because many many people use it so it is easier to find themes, modules, blocks etc. but there are many out there. Best to try them all and see what is the best option for your site.

I think phpBB is the best. It's easy to install, easy to manage, and really easy to customize if you're into modding forums. It's pretty fun too, you can experiment with it without worrying about destroying your forum (just as long as you have a backup), lol, and it's really straight forward.

I've used phpBB for several months and I find it really easy to manage as well. I agree with the fact that it's relatively easy to install the mods for phpBB. (even for a beginner like me lol)But it's composed of a forum only. So if you are looking for something with more features then it's probably not the best choice. From what I know, phpNuke is a pretty good content management system with lots of easy to use features.

Personally, I hate PHP-Nuke, but i'm just weird.

I used postnuke, which I suppose is similar in manufacturing, but this I find easier, and a more sleek design.

My site, which is currently under construction, that uses postnuke, ya'll can see here - blkpanda.tk

this is a nice topic.. in my case.. i have tried phpBB.. mambo..phpnuke .. its because of my thesis.. CMS portals.. uhmm.. i find mambo and phpnuke very good one.. in mambo - not sentitive while phpnuke - so sensitive.. a few mistake bom!

Hi!What is the best content management system in your opinion?
I have looked around and it is very confusing...

Since I am planning on an education site, I want to go for the best open-source system that is easy to handle and has plenty of features...

Can you please suggest?

Thank you
Googlue!

If you ask me.. IPBnuke, its mostly for those who dont know how to integrate IPB into php-nuke instead of using phpbb(which i hate). Im using it because i dont know how to integrate IPB into php-nuke so i took the easy way out.

if you wanna see what it looks like, kinda... click my big sig(not the email one)

NOTE: IPB doesn not come with IPBnuke, you will either have to download it, or install the cpanel version and move it to your IPBnuke directory

different people have different needs and preferences.but if its your first CMS, you were right in asking fora 1) good 2) easy to use with 3) lots of features.For that spec, i would suggest starting with PHP-Nukefor a few months before revamping your site withany other even better and more need fulfilling CMS.It has the biggest following because of its ease of useand therefore the biggest community support. Afterabout 6 months of use you will be ready for many ofthe others which are built upon it, like IPB-Nuke orPost-Nuke and several others.(BTW i dont think phpBB qualifies as a CMS)just my 2/100

Ihave tried a few in the past and its hard to tell which one is best,typo3 is nice but since its using its own scripting language the learncurve is kinda highphp-nuke looked nice had lots of features still I did not like the box methode it usesxoops almost same as php-nuke only easier to costimice imoI realy cant tell waht is the best since it realy depents on what you need or want, if you know how to code (php, asp or java) you could write your own cms manager which fits your needs but most people think (and I agree with them mosttimes) why should I reinvent the wheel if its already out there :rolleyes:

I have used SiteWorks Professional and SiteDreamer but I do not like both.SiteDreamer is little good but SiteWorks Professional is not.Do Mambo is better than above??I will try and will post again my comments.Sohail Ahmedsohail4@msn.com