xisto Community
lil_chris

Will Google All Ways Be Number 1 Search?

I once tried using google but I didnt stick to it. Im always using Yahoo becuase its a portal. World news is available and easy access to emails with their feature in Yahoo Messenger. Google and Yahoo provides almost the same result when searching. The only different is Google offers my countries language which is pretty cool but still there is no other information available in it. Google is good for searching the internet, well I guess thats all it is good at.

I use google and have it as my homepage. There is no more simpler search engine. Also I can't be bortherd to search for another serach engine. WHats the point anyways? Google suppiles great services.

Google.com will probably be the most-used search engine for many years. Their website is not as cluttered as sites like Yahoo! and MSN. They also have the ability to do other searches like for images and books. Plus, Google is a name that flows from the mind onto the address bar. Its easier to remember.

As long as Its homepage remains the same, without any cluttering I think Google will continue to be the best search engine. Though magazines rate searches on various aspects Google is so easy to use and provides nearl the best results for me always. Also the different search options and builtin calculator are additional assets.You just type 25 malaysian money in Russian money in google and see the result. can anysite boast of that?

As long as Google continues to innovate and keep information free, as well as keeping things simple, it will remain at the top of its industry. It's amazing that a dorm-room project turned into a multi-billion dollar company. I still wonder how that's possible, but it's because Google's so wonderful.Of course, they have to stop being "Evil". ;)

Google pwns. Google will always be the ebst search engine. They have so many things to use on their site. All orginsed. They do loads of testing before to lauch out anything. Look at G-Mail. How long till that was out for the public? Ages.But yeah, Google will be the best search website, and always will be.

I don't have google as my homepage I have about:blank as my homepage but my school has google as its homepage.Google is much better and always will be better than yahoo or live or xtra. Google started out as a school project and is now one of the richest companies in the world

I think that it would be really hard for another search engine to replace google from being the #1 search engine, but its not impossible. Many strong empires have fallen throughout history. I wonder how much Google will last, if not forever.

the next internet explorer update will put an MSN search box on the browser, making it almost instantly the easiest accessable search engine on the net as the internet explorer is use dby like 95% of surfers.That said though, alot of people also have installed a google toolbar on their explorer as well. so the msn search box will definently up their market share, but will it outst google? if they'd done it 2-3 years ago, I think ti may have!

I use google everyday. Probably more then 40 times a day for some reason or another whether it is checking my email or searching for something. Google is also my home page in Firefox and Internet Explorer. (I use IE rarely though cause it sucks and is just becoming a cheap knockoff of Firefox because Microsoft knows that Mozilla stepped the game up)I think google will be number one for a very long time. When you compare it with say Yahoo and MSN, why would you use either of them? Their home pages take 3x longer to load, and you also get spammed with all sorts of useless information if you aren't a Yahoo or MSN junkie. Google has kept it quite simple. Extreme search tools even specialized ones like the Image Search automatically own other search engines. The Gmail project was pretty cool, and still is. It's really nice to see a company be simplistic instead of trying to shove as much information down your throat as computer'ly possible. The thought of Ads and Useless information is a big turn off to internet users and is a huge downfall to a lot of internet sites these days. I have personally opted to steer away from Ad intensive sites, I don't care how great their services are. Maybe if others band together and do the same, the internet will not be so much like TV. Full of Ads. That's another reason why I only watch certain things on TV instead of channel surfing and watching it for hours.Seriously, on the subject of TV. Why basically take money out of your pocket to power your television to watch advertisements? People will learn eventually.. There is a time and place for advertising. And for real, I'd rather not see a Tampax commercial while I'm trying to scarf down my dinner and watch my favorite program. :unsure:

Actually, I believe Google isn't number 1. Perhaps in popularity, but not in quality and results.Google uses an AJAX search and advanced bot technology that explores web sites almost thoroughly. But there are alot of sites mooching off Google. Like Dogpile and Excite which queries Google and many other search engines for results. I'll say their metasearchers or multisearchers will take over. =P

Yeah thats a good question and very hard to answer, because eve though nowadays it seems impossible that google lost his 1st position in search-engine rankings but we dont know what will happen in the future. Maybe someone will find out a better solution and faster & deeper searching mechanism than google's. For now i don't see any reason why someone would want to beat goolge and especially not how would he succeed!I use GOOGLE as my homepage and it has proved effective so many times that i am not planning to change it for quite some time.

Google's pretty cool, but according to alexa.com, it is still second to yahoo. One of my favorite things that google offers is called igoogle. Which is their personal home page. Even though they stole the name from mac, and the idea of having "gadgets" from mac also, I think they surpass all the websites I have ever used with their awesome javascript coding abilities.