xisto Community
lil_chris

Will Google All Ways Be Number 1 Search?

Google will remain as the top search engine for at least 10-20 unless better companies take over it as they are better. And I use them as my homepage as I never change my mozilla firefox default homepage. It loads much faster than google and its page is very simple. I simply love it.

Well I have google as my home page on my pc and i use google a lot however one never knows the future there were other seach engines when google was not there.So who knows we may have something better than google till date i am satisfied with google but i love to explore and may be in some days we get some engine where we need not type anything to search for we get the site which we think of in mind and there it goes.else google should be there as the best as it has everything.

Google will remain the Number one search engine until it slips slightly. The problem is that it is very easy for people to change their search engine. Google has gone some way to stop this happening by having lots of extras like Gmail, but it is still easy for people to turn to some other search engine like Yahoo.I doubt it will happen any time soon, as Google has better results than every other search engine. It also has things like Gmail. :lol:

i've used google forever and it sure beats alot of other search engines. it's even incorporated into firefox camino safari and other various web browsers making it easier to search for things. whenever i need something i just look for it in google and it is usually there i mean hey! thats how i found out about this website. nobody can ever beat google . google will always be on top and therefore google owns you.

I pretty much use Google all the time, but before they came on the scene I used to use Alta Vista...and sometimes Excite. At the time, Alta Vista was a very useful search engine that could find pretty much anything. Google is this and a whole lot more! And, sorry to say, MSN Live Search and Yahoo just doesn't cut it anymore for me.

I dont think google will be the best for a long time cause msn and yahoo might team up in the future and if that happens then google will not stand a chance cause yahoo and msn are starting to merge in some areas as there messengers and also sometimes on the yahoo page it says better viewed in ie7.

Yahoo and MSN may definitely have an edge over Google in terms of IM - but this topic was about Google as a search engine, not an IM. And anyway, even if Yahoo and MSN did team up, if Google and AIM teamed up they'd be a good match for them!

Like many other people, I have google as my default homepage in Firefox (because I could never be bothered changing it) and I don't even remember the last time I used another search engine.

I don't have Google as homepage but that's the only search I use. It's easy, simple and works. I always use the little search box on the top of Firefox and it's very easy.I don't think any service will beat Google next 5 years atleast. Unless a new, simpler but have more features and has no ads on it's site and have alot of commorcials in TV comes. And with good name. :lol:

I think google will remain at the top of search engines for quite a while, great search engine. Good results, simple to use, and just overall a great search engine. :lol: Better then yahoo or any of the other search engines out their. Eventually though, google will fall to a much better search engine whenever one bette rcomes around.

I don't think Google will ever be knocked from it's perch unless it has some kind of corporate power struggle between various executives, or if another search engine comes out that can read your mind and will open a web page that is related to exactly what you're thinking of before you even think of it.Google is too efficient and too well done for anyone else to really take it over. On top of that, Google isn't just a search engine anymore either, and while that's still pretty much Google's primary purpose, they also have things like GMail, orkut, etc. that will keep them going, and give them extra ways to make a profit.

Google is great.... reliable nearly always, most used, stronger than any search engine I've ver seen before. I don't think anything will ever top it actually.

Most likely yes, and here is why. Google controls the world of search engines. Most people when they would like to search anything their first instict is Google. And there is no way to change that unless another site came uo with a cathcy name that took people from google away and began their own company which is very hard to ever dso and I strongly belive this will never occur. Google has all americans and people from interantional countries on hand. Menai ng that they are pretty much stuck using this search engine forever. It will be pretty hjard for anybody to tkae away the nukmber of people on google a day. Think about it, how many people will just go way from google and not come back to go on another search eninge that may not be as good, not that many so why would you want t o go way. Really, if the site ytou have has nothing wrong wiht it why would you ever change? So yes google will be on top not only because of the search engine but ebcause of hte many other free features they have to offer. GO google go!

Google is the end all be all for search engines for me. It's much too powerful to ever go away [unless the entire internet were to crash or something] and it's just very reliable and versatile. There are SOOOO many hidden features and tools for google, and they have all those neat side applications [Gmail, Maps, Images, IG].Funny thing is though, I use firefox, and I have google homepage set as...my homepage... but I never actually search from there. I always use the search bar built into FF.I think at some point down the line Google will be a hub for pretty much anything you might want on the internet.And then they'll have just as much money as Gates. <3

But you would think Google would design a portal page like yahoo or msn to really connect everything together. I think the would be a smart thing to do going into 2007, they got pretty much everything except for chatrooms and online games. Sometimes I find it annoying that I have to click on several pages just to get somewhere instead of the one click method. that would be a interesting contest for google to hold, to see who can design a awesome portal page for them. I been using google more effectively when I doing my research for school because it is more or less accurate when I am looking for something. That's why I have gooten very good at using their search engine.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

But you would think Google would design a portal page like yahoo or msn to really connect everything together. I think the would be a smart thing to do going into 2007, they got pretty much everything except for chatrooms and online games. Sometimes I find it annoying that I have to click on several pages just to get somewhere instead of the one click method. that would be a interesting contest for google to hold, to see who can design a awesome portal page for them. I been using google more effectively when I doing my research for school because it is more or less accurate when I am looking for something. That's why I have gooten very good at using their search engine.

One of the reasons I don't like yahoo or msn are the portal pages. Too cluttered and cramped, there's so much going on in one page, and most of it I don't and won't need.
BUT if you want google as a portal, just use google homepage. You can add/remove/move/change a bunch of different module type things...it's almost like a google CMS.