xisto Community
lil_chris

Will Google All Ways Be Number 1 Search?

I know, Google has been, is, and will always be the best search engine... maybe some other are going to come out but i mean, Google is fast and has good searches. I prefer using Google than Yahoo!, DogPile, MSN, etc... GOOGLE ROCKS! \m/ ( ^ _ ^ ) \m/ :)

They should always be number 1. They seem to stay ahead of everyone else at everything. The only way they wouldn't be if like MSN and Yahoo and tons of search engines combined to make a all-mighty search engine, but I doubt that will ever happen.

one of the pc magazines compared he search engines and apparentley ww.teoma.com came out above google

I also have never heard of teoma. I have always tried a bunch of search engines and Google seemed to stick. I guess it's because it doesn't have a crowded page trying to get you to use their other services which are still great which is cool. I think people could probably never get used to another search engine unless some way they come out with something so big that it knocks Google's socks off. Once people get into the habit of using Google or really anything it is hard to break. LONG LIVE GOOGLE! lol

Yeah you could say that Google is definatly the way to go for me, I have been using it for so long and as far as I remember it was the first search engine I used seriously.. My uncle refffered me to it, he said something like "You don't know google? Oh well it's just the best search engine.." (in dutch)

Google will continue to be the number 1 search engine for atleast another 10 years. I can easily say this. Teoma? You must be kidding. The name itself suggest that it cannot compete with Google. Google search is precise and it has already gain the popularity which is not easy to compete with. Today many people thinks Search is Google and Google is search. Searching the web will almost mean using google for many people. Just like many people are saying, "Please xerox this page", when they mean to say, "Please photostat this page". I have tried to familiar with msn and yahoo when Google drops my sites from the search engines but they are no match. Repeated results from one site also is annoying which happens frequently with msn and yahoo search. And the simplicity of the layout of the search results also make me feel so comfortable with Google. So, the short answer is YES, they will continue for atleast another decade.

the next internet explorer update will put an MSN search box on the browser, making it almost instantly the easiest accessable search engine on the net as the internet explorer is use dby like 95% of surfers.That said though, alot of people also have installed a google toolbar on their explorer as well. so the msn search box will definently up their market share, but will it outst google? if they'd done it 2-3 years ago, I think ti may have!

I have yahoo as my homepage as its my email account. I think that's the reason yahoo an dmsn get alot of their searches, people use their email accounts and search from there.Do you think gmail will impact heavily on this?

I think other searchengines will have to work very very hard to compete with Google. I mean, here, they even have the word 'googling' put in a dictionary! I mean come on! Google is the best i guess..

Yeah thats a good question and very hard to answer, because eve though nowadays it seems impossible that google lost his 1st position in search-engine rankings but we dont know what will happen in the future. Maybe someone will find out a better solution and faster & deeper searching mechanism than google's. For now i don't see any reason why someone would want to beat goolge and especially not how would he succeed!I use GOOGLE as my homepage and it has proved effective so many times that i am not planning to change it for quite some time.greetz

Hehehe...Yeah, I do have Google as my home page, and I just prefer it to other searchs.Yahoo is too clustered, Ask seems to be too "specific" and I've not tried MSN or others, that I can remember.But Google is just simple, quick and easy. It also has stuff like definitions, works out calculations and stuff :)

Yes, I think it will continue to be number one for quite a while, because of many reasons. One being that they come up with many new and innovative searches and programs... google earth was the first (i think) to where you could look around the earth. That was big when i first got it, i was so excited when I got to see my house! You can also use google on your phones through text messaging, which is neat.Another reason is they are clean. They don't have a lot of clutter on their search engine page. If a new search engine comes in and creates a neat and tidy page, they will just be criticized for copying google. Google is just so high up there, sort of like apple, where they set a good example for other companies.Googel will certainly last a long time... :)