xisto Community
emperor

What's Your Favourite Book? Why? A small investigation about most popular books

How many books do you read each year  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Harry Potter.

It's fantasy and leads me to like.. everything.

I'm obsessed and I haven't even read much of the books, and like I know almost everything that happens...

=].

My favorite book would be the Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind, I just finally finished the series (The last book was released 11/13/07.) The last book was a little rushed after everything building up to the climax, but overall the suspense was extremely high through all 11 books.I'm definitely looking forward to more Goodkind novels.Another great book series, of course is Narnia, I actually read it for the first time this past year, and it is obviously aimed at a younger audience, but the messages and themes are extremely deep and I love his mesh of mythology, and christianity.

My favorite book is by Jack London, "The Call of the Wild"He writes from an animal's point of view, and the story is just amazing. It's about a dog kidnapped from a very fine living and thrown in with the Alaskan gold rush dogs, and eventually turning wild.Now... I have to read it again, as I haven't read any book in quite a while.

My favorite book is Angels And Demons by Dan Brown. I also like The Golden Compass. I didn't finish the trilogy though. I finished the first two books and by the time my local library got the 3rd book I had forgotten what was going on. But, based on the first two books...especially the first book I couldn't take my face out of the pages. I was so absorbed into the story and imagining what was going on. I also watched the movie...the movie was ok...it's hard for me to not compare the movie to the book. I also couldn't feel the things the way it is in the book plus things were cut out as the book is long.

I have a few favorite books, actually. I am currently reading a really good book called Little Brother by Cory Doctorow. I am almost done it! YAY[: I also LOVE the Maximum Ride Series. I have read every book in the series. Also, Nightrise is a very good book. I am currently reading Raven's Gate, the first of that series. I will soon be reading Evil Star, the second one to the series. That is a really good series too. I'm pretty sure there are many more books out there I will love, that I just haven't gotten to read them yet. They are my favorites because I love to read action books. These books are the kind you find so interesting, about people who are amazing in someway, then get in trouble but find their way out of it and get back at the bad guys. Sounds corny, but pick up these books and you will see what I mean. What is your favorite book and why?

Edited by ~Nick[; (see edit history)

I have read and enjoyed a lot by Raymond E. Feist, but I like Sci-Fi better. I have also read a lot by my favorite author, Orson Scott Card. He writes lots of Sci-Fi. My favorite series is the Ender series by Orson Scott Card. My favorite book is Ender's Game.

Edited by enderforce (see edit history)

lovecraft stories! shadow over innsmouth tickles my imagination a lot. :) didnt really liked call of cthulhu though.. an dagon even it is a short one i just love how it was written, really captured my imagination.Also I love dan brown's style.. i really liked most of his books.. intense, fast and captivating.

Edited by kerco (see edit history)

I gotta agree with Lovecraft. I love the "creepiness" of his stories. Other than that i'm a sci-fi junkie and I've a more than a few favorites in the genre. For example, Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land, Alfred Bester's Tiger Tiger and Dan Simmon's Hyperion stuff.

A book I 'm really impressed with is Crying Mountain Crazy Hurricane by Lili Dauphin. It's  part of a series of books about a little girl, Tilou, growing up in a village in Haiti.  The descriptions about the spirituality and culture of the people are fascinating. The social problems particularly the poverty, make you stop and think. Really worth reading.

-reply by ZoeG

Right now my favorite book is World War Z, One of the greatest Zombie books I have ever read and the most accurate. Written by Max Brooks, the same author as the Zombie Survival Guide. The only non series book that I have read multipule times frequently.

i have read a lot of books but i liked just one of them most an it is "The Bronze Horseman" by Paullina Simons which is a romance book.the story goes about a girl named tatiana from a poor family and a guy named alexander wich is an officer.i liked the story so much because it was my first reading in romance books and i never forget it. i have read other Paullina Simons books and i didn't find anything interesting in them.I have read the popular "Gone With The Wind" book and i think the bronze horseman i just better. anyway i see a lot of interesting books in this topic which i will try them so you can try the bronze horeman too.

The question is very simple, what is your favourite boook? And why? I have also added a small pool about how many books do you read each year.Anyway my favourite is L.A. Confidential written by James Ellroy.
It's a very good police story with a intriguing plot, but it's also a masterpiece of politic and social analize. The power games of institutions, the corruption that have attacked police and government and the general undeground atmosphere are the pillars fo this beautiful book. It isn't a simply police book, but a fresco of a society and of a period of the US history.

I'm 14 and my favorite book is Strange Occurrences, written by Ashlee Craft (you can buy it on Amazon Kindle). Basically, it's about a teen aged girl with a very dysfunctional family and low self-esteem. After her Grandmother, who is her only friend in the worldd dies, the "Strange Occurrences" take her back to moments in her life and show her other people's points of view, which ultimately show her she's a better person then she thinks she is and that she can change how things are going in her home life.

At the time that I read Strange Occurrences, I was going through some really hard things in life - nothing seemed to be going right for me, just like the main character in the book, Cathy. I was feeling realy low and down about myself. On the recommendation of one of my friends, I read the book. By the end of it I had tears in my eyes and I really feel it changed my life around. It's just a really good feel-good book. :)

One of my favorite books is Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. At first, I find it hard to understand his message but later on, it makes sense to me and I get inspired. I like reading something that would help be to be a better person. :)