xisto Community
emperor

What's Your Favourite Book? Why? A small investigation about most popular books

How many books do you read each year  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Life of Pi, by Yann Martel.
Excellent plot, great characters, wonderful dialouge, can't ask for anything more.

I read Life of Pi last month and thought it was excellent.
It's definitely one of my favorites now.

I like House Of Leaves, Its very exotic, and I've never read a book like it.,

Yay! Another House of Leaves fan!
It's in my top five favorite novels ever and I try to recommend it to everyone.
It's a very unusual yet addictive novel.

I have absolutely no clue how many books I read a year, so I can't vote on that.On the "what's my favorite book" topic, I'd have to say "It" by Stephen King. I'm not a big reader, so I don't have a wide selection of books to choose from, but I love Stephen King, and that is my favorite book out of everything that I can remember reading(not just King books). It(no pun intended) was the book that got me back into reading.

Well I only read about 3 books a year and they are mainly Harry Potter. When I find out the release date of the next Harry Potter book I read the current last one before. I start maybe a month or two before the next ones release date and finish by the time it comes out. So then I go buy that book and know what happened in the previous one so I'm not confused and remember what happened in the previous book.

My favorite books are the Darren Shan series. They are very well written and consist of vampires, and demons. They are a big thriller, but are very addictive. And I think that for your poll u should have made it in a month lol, because I read about 12 books every 2 month.

I like books where I learn something, like a nonfiction book on computers? Harry Potter isn't all that bad either, stephen king is good too. All books that are on the bestseller list is readable

I like books where I learn something, like a nonfiction book on computers? Harry Potter isn't all that bad either, stephen king is good too. All books that are on the bestseller list is readable

Well Harry is a bit too childish for me. I like non-fiction and if it is useful in real life that much better. Stuff like tutorials on investing in stocks and bonds. Intelligent investor by Graham i would say is the best book ever written on that topic.

Eragon and Eldest, definetly are my fav

The Bourne Series by Robert LudlumThe series of books which made my heart beat increase. No other book that I've read has yet bested these thrillers. A great plot, interesting characters and exceptional storytelling.

I have to read two books a semester is required it is worth 300 points so i only read a total of 4 books a year. The last book i just read was London bridges it is a mystery novel with a lot of actions and it always leaves on your edge of your seat. This book is about a mastermind criminal who is trying to blow all the world landmarks and the smart detective has to do the masterminds riddles to find the bombs. I stayed up until 4 reading this book. I recommend to read this book.

My favorite book would have to be Dune. The reason that i love the book has to do with the character development, plot lines, the fact that is completely unrealistic and because I it just is amazing. I guess its hard to describe why a book is good but it just is something about it that made me really enjoy it.

I read only up to maybe six - nine books each year. I'm not much of a reader but when I do its usually a fantasy book or adventure. My favorite book would probaly have to be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, yeah I'm a Potter fan. I liked that book because it was outside more and not as dark and gloomy as the rest of the books are out of Harry Potter.

I usually read up to 9-10 books a year but i like to take my time on each one unless it's really good! Mainly on my holidays or spare time.

I prefer the more complicated fiction. Fantasy/horror are a favourite. Usually Stephen King or James Herbert are for my type of read.

Favourite book has to be "Misery" by Stephen King.

I usually read about 6-9 books a year.Guy de Maupassant is definitely one of my favorite authors.My all-time favorite book, however, will probably remain Don Quixote de la Manche by Miguel de Cervantes.Though I read it first about 10 years ago, you can still see the influence in my chosen user-name ;)

Edited by rozinante (see edit history)

I read way more than twelve books a year. At the very least, 109 books a year ( I counted from last year). I love to read so I read so many books. I finish some in one day when they're 400 pages long. Thats how much I love to read. My favorite book would be Cirque Du Freak (I made a topic on it, check it out, please) because of all the action pacted adventure that leaves readers hungry for more. I reccomend it to anyone because it rocks!!!Alright, I am a huge book worm, I to read and I probably always will. Well has anyone ever started reading the demonata series (where I got my name)?? It's a really good series and its written by the same author as Cirque Du Freak. Its really, really good. it's a mix of horror, action, and awsomeness. Its mainly about a bot named Grubbs (Grubitsch, but he prefers Grubbs, I know, wierd) whos life gets turned upside down by demons because they killed his parents and now he experiences them a lot more than any teenager should. But he learns how to use magic and he fends them off using his really cool power. It gets really interesting. I reccomend it to anyone who is thirteen and above.

Notice from jlhaslip:
merged posts

For me, my all-time fav series has to be the World of Time series by Robert Jordan. It's composed of tweleve tomes, each equivalent to my all-in-one LotR edition. And very, very well written. Can't express how much I love these books. Other than that, I also love the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey, though they vary in "greatness". Then there's the Crystal Cave, etc. by Mary StewartSeveral by Rosemary Sutcliff, including "Knight's Fee" and "The Eagle of the Ninth"I loved Catcher in the Rye, which has been mentioned earlier in the post, and it was only a little while after I read it in 9th grade that I really came to appreciate all it means, and the truth in what Salinger writes. Very deep :unsure:I'll give most fantasy a try, so long as it doesn't sound too retarded. I also hate things that try to put fantasy in a modern setting (Kingdom of the Golden Gragon, Artemis Fowl) as well as those that mix time period (eg the Wintermark b$). Has to be pure epic :(But WoT gets first place. w00t!-E